OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Modern Military and Police figures

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Police - My Modern Military and Police figures Empty My Modern Military and Police figures Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:49 am

scalawag

scalawag
So following on from my post of my Star Wars 1/6 collection, here are a couple of pics showing my 1/6 modern military and police figures.  I hope you like these too.

Police - My Modern Military and Police figures Nd9nchw

Police - My Modern Military and Police figures NqXRrZn

#modern #military #police #custom #collection

2Police - My Modern Military and Police figures Empty Re: My Modern Military and Police figures Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:26 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Looks like a very nice collection, and cozily ensconced on the shelves.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

3Police - My Modern Military and Police figures Empty Re: My Modern Military and Police figures Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:46 pm

scalawag

scalawag
GubernatorFan wrote:Looks like a very nice collection, and cozily ensconced on the shelves.

Thanks mate, glad you like them.

The shelves are actually a glass frosted cabinet, which also has some of my 120mm static figures on the bottom shelf. Although I have a 3 bedroom house all to myself, if i am honest I am running out of display space lol. I would love for these to be out on display a bit more but for now this will have to do. Rolling Eyes

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Ooh...guns,guns,guns! come on Sal! The Tigers are playing tonight! I never miss a game!
Rofl!
Very,very nice collection!

The above is a reference from Robocop. I couldn't come up with anything clever.

scalawag

scalawag
Pontiacivan wrote:Ooh...guns,guns,guns! come on Sal! The Tigers are playing tonight! I neve miss a game!
Rofl!
Very,very nice collection!

Cheers mate, I'm glad you like them. Cool

ostfront43

ostfront43
Dude how diverse is your collection? Star Wars, DAK, Cops n, MPs with 1:144 and 1:1 stuff. To cool.

scalawag

scalawag
ostfront43 wrote:Dude how diverse is your collection? Star Wars, DAK, Cops n, MPs with 1:144 and 1:1 stuff. To cool.    

Yeah I have a pretty big collection of stuff lol.

There is the 1/6 stuff of course and the 1-1 Star Wars props.  

Then there are Static figures in various sizes which I used to build, they range from 90mm to 200mm but mostly 120mm (1/16).

I also build 1/16 scale RC tanks, thats really my main hobby, and I also have a few RC tanks in 1/72 now too.

I have a small collection of 1/18 scale vehicles, figures and airplanes which go well with the 1/16 tanks lol.

I have 3 RC modern Tugboats which I don't get to sail so often now that I am working again.

I have a small collection of Star Wars black series 6" figures, and one of each of the Sphero RC droids.

I collect Repro and original DAK uniform items, and can do a fairly convincing DAK panzer grenadier in 1-1.

I collect British army surplus gear including helmets, uniforms, body armour that sort of thing, and I also have an airsoft gun collection and gear that I some times use to airsoft skirmish too.

Wow I didn't even realise I had so much until I typed that. Shocked Shocked Shocked Laughing Laughing Cool

ostfront43

ostfront43
That is just so cool to have so many interests. I have 1/6th, and maybe once in a great while 1/35th models as hobbies. Seems kinda lame compared to you. LOL I'd love to get into 1:1 military collecting, to expensive for me to do.

scalawag

scalawag
ostfront43 wrote:That is just so cool to have so many interests. I have 1/6th, and maybe once in a great while 1/35th models as hobbies. Seems kinda lame compared to you. LOL I'd love to get into 1:1 military collecting, to expensive for me to do.  

I just love all this stuff, it keeps me happy.

The military stuff can be expensive, especially the original DAK stuff but you can still pick up some original bits for not too much. I got a set of original wehrmacht tropical goggles last year for about £20 and a set of wehrmacht Binos for about £100 with the case. Hats and uniform parts change hands for silly money though so I stick to repros there.
The modern british stuff has been fairly cheap for the past few years while we had troops deployed in Afghanistan, but now they have been pulled out the development of new kit has slowed down and supplies of surplus gear are not so easy to come by all pushing up the cost of buying ex military kit. It can be frustrating too as some of the modern kit like body armour inserts for example is restricted, and not available to civilians, so for someone like me who loves to get all the details correct it can feel like something is always missing. Still great fun though, and sometimes you can even pick up some of the restricted items if you are in the right place at the right time Wink

10Police - My Modern Military and Police figures Empty Re: My Modern Military and Police figures Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:21 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
scalawag wrote:
ostfront43 wrote:That is just so cool to have so many interests. I have 1/6th, and maybe once in a great while 1/35th models as hobbies. Seems kinda lame compared to you. LOL I'd love to get into 1:1 military collecting, to expensive for me to do.  

I just love all this stuff, it keeps me happy.

The military stuff can be expensive, especially the original DAK stuff but you can still pick up some original bits for not too much.  I got a set of original wehrmacht tropical goggles last year for about £20 and a set of wehrmacht Binos for about £100 with the case.  Hats and uniform parts change hands for silly money though so I stick to repros there.
The modern british stuff has been fairly cheap for the past few years while we had troops deployed in Afghanistan, but now they have been pulled out the development of new kit has slowed down and supplies of surplus gear are not so easy to come by all pushing up the cost of buying ex military kit.  It can be frustrating too as some of the modern kit like body armour inserts for example is restricted, and not available to civilians, so for someone like me who loves to get all the details correct it can feel like something is always missing.  Still great fun though, and sometimes you can even pick up some of the restricted items if you are in the right place at the right time Wink

Impressive collection. My wife’s an accountant for a company that sells a lot of military surplus stuff (from quite a few European countries, not just here in the States); and oddly enough, within the past year or so (though they carried the vests for years and years) they are now legally able to sell some of those inserts that used to be denied to civilians.

11Police - My Modern Military and Police figures Empty Re: My Modern Military and Police figures Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:48 am

scalawag

scalawag
Stryker2011 wrote:Impressive collection. My wife’s an accountant for a company that sells a lot of military surplus stuff (from quite a few European countries, not just here in the States); and oddly enough, within the past year or so (though they carried the vests for years and years) they are now legally able to sell some of those inserts that used to be denied to civilians.

Yeah we can get some inserts and plates here too.  They are the older spec ones which have now been superseded.  The soft armour which we can sometimes (vary rarely though) get may fit the newer vests and sometimes they don't.  The plates we use in the UK military are not a standard size and seem to change with each new body armour system adopted.  Older plates are relatively easy to pick up, but the new ones never come up for sale.
I believe here in the UK the up to date ballistic protection products are all restricted by EU law.  Its the EU trying to restrict access to ballistic protection for criminal and terrorist types, who actually know exactly where to buy it on the black market, and would not want to leave a paper trail by buying at a surplus store anyway  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes .  

They just don't want me to have my toys really Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Glad you like the collection Wink Cool

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum