OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fitting 'regular' tbleague body into VeryCool outfit?

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I'm not sure if this warrants its own thread, but I have a question relating to my difficulty in finding/choosing the right body for a figure I'm making....

A while ago, I began working on a project for which I'd planned to use a VeryCool jointed body. But in the meantime, I've started to 'come 'round' to tbleague bodies. I still have issues with the overall exaggerated proportions and with the height on the 'regular' ones, but what appeals to me about them is a) how they look in tight clothing, and b) pose-ability.  Since this particular figure is one I am hoping to use for many action poses, I am feeling like maybe a tbleague body would be best after all.  The only issue is that I already have the outfit completely finished, and it was tailored to a VeryCool large bust body. The outfit is somewhat stretchy, so there IS some wiggle room, but I'm nonetheless curious about compatibility issues. Now, I do recall seeing some people putting official VeryCool clothing onto tbleague bodies, but it did always seem to be a bit of a tight fit. The bust in this case is not actually a huge issue as that area is stretchy. I'm mainly concerned about the overall torso size, and especially the waist area. I could modify the outfit a bit, but would rather not if I don't have to, lol.

For reference, the tbleague body I'm thinking of using is one of the earlier ones....an s10D pale. The bust on it is of course too large, but otherwise it's the ideal body shape for the character I'm trying to recreate. I can't use the smaller tbleague bodies or the overly muscular ones that are used with the boxed tbleague figures as imo those are both wrong for the character. So, if anyone is able to advise on how the torso/waist size of something like the s10D compares to the VeryCool bodies, that would help me greatly in my decision.

To be clear, I'm resigned to sticking with the VeryCool body if need be, but just trying to explore switching to a tbleague as a possibility.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I wish I could help, but the only Very Cool stuff I have is a couple of boxed figures that are currently out of reach.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
No worries at all, GF -- I'm just trying to figure out if it's worth purchasing that particular tbleague body, as it's not one I'd be able to use on anything else if it didn't work out, if that makes sense. Having such a limited budget makes me agonize over this stuff for ages... :p

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
If this is for your Asajj Ventris, I guess it would depend on the material. You say it’s somewhat stretchy, but if it ends up being too tight on the TBL, it could limit the amount of action poses you could get. I’ve seen the VC Cara Delevigne outfit (one of those tight catsuits) and HS put on a TBL before, and it worked great — didn’t limit articulation at all from what I recall. I don’t know if that helps or not...

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Fitting 'regular' tbleague body into VeryCool outfit? C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks, you're right...that's a good consideration about limiting the movement. I don't think it would limit movement too much, the fabric is very soft in most places like the arms and legs, it's mainly just the waist area that concerns me due to the closure in the back.

From what I recall, those Villa outfits seemed to fit ok in every area except the bust, which had to be left open a bit to accommodate the ginormous tbleague bosoms, lol. So that gives me some hope it will work. I guess if the waist ends up being too tight, I can always alter that part a bit. I'm just being extra cautious. ;p

And yeah, it's for the Ventress figure. ;p I think I can get away with colouring just the upper thighs on it with the oil pastels...

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
Sorry, for I don't really get what you are worrying but see if something I could help.....So far Phicen/TBL is the only one seamless factory that rarely made oversized bust,even with the large bust they claimed, I think Phicen/TBL has the best proportions with their bodies....If you need a large but still "reasonable" bust, these models may fit your choices....

Fitting 'regular' tbleague body into VeryCool outfit? 33467810

For my case, I always use the S23B muscular body, as I posted followed....for me, I still think their middle bust look somewhat "Strong Laughing "

Fitting 'regular' tbleague body into VeryCool outfit? Dsc02314

Fitting 'regular' tbleague body into VeryCool outfit? Dscf0020

Maybe you could choose S20A for larger bust, If the waist look too narrow, just add a belt on it...Hope it helps... Laughing

https://www.deviantart.com/lawlaw91

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for the recommendations, lawlaw. I guess it's just a matter of personal taste, but I just prefer to use a body with wider hips for this particular character. It's frustrating that the only bodies with wider hips like that are the earlier ones.  

And yeah, the later tbleague bodies don't have such bad busts, but I do still think many of the boxed tbleague figures tend to have massive busts, tiny hips, and huge muscles, and therefore look rather cartoonish and exaggerated to my eyes. Not to mention, I don't find them all that 'feminine', but rather like a comic book superhero version of a woman, if that makes sense.

Ironically, with this figure I'm attempting to making a 'realistic' version of an animated character , but I still want it to suit my aesthetic preferences. ;p

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
skywalkersaga wrote:Thanks for the recommendations, lawlaw. I guess it's just a matter of personal taste, but I just prefer to use a body with wider hips for this particular character. It's frustrating that the only bodies with wider hips like that are the earlier ones.  

And yeah, the later tbleague bodies don't have such bad busts, but I do still think many of the boxed tbleague figures tend to have massive busts, tiny hips, and huge muscles, and therefore tend to look rather cartoonish and exaggerated.  Not to  mention, I don't find them all that 'feminine' in my eyes, but rather like a comic book superhero version of a woman, if that makes sense.

Ironically, with this figure I'm attempting to making a 'realistic' version of an animated character , but I still want it to suit my aesthetic preferences. ;p

In this case, please wait!! What a Face !! TBL is going to release a wider waist body for "Normal housewife" style soon, maybe that is what you looking for....

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
Fitting 'regular' tbleague body into VeryCool outfit? Pl-mb-10

This one....

https://www.toysfanatic.com/item/pl-mb2019-s28a-phicen-1-6-pale-buxom-women-female-super-flexible-seamless-body/

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yeah, that one looks like it will be very nice! I'm excited for it!

I guess I should have been clearer.... I'm wanting a tbleague body that has wider hips but still a narrow waist, if that makes sense. It's just that tbleague only has such a body that likewise has a big bust. Which is not the end of the world, it's just a bit frustrating. ;p

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
skywalkersaga wrote:Yeah, that one looks like it will be very nice! I'm excited for it!

I guess I should have been clearer.... I'm wanting a tbleague body that has wider hips but still a narrow waist, if that makes sense. It's just that tbleague only has such a body that likewise has a big bust. Which is not the end of the world, it's just a bit frustrating. ;p

True, not really have much choices for that so far What a Face If you could consider Jiaou Doll, they have some "good hips size" bodies out there.....and cheaper too..... cyclops Maybe you could have a look on that brand too.....

Fitting 'regular' tbleague body into VeryCool outfit? S-l30010

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
You may struggle just a bit to get the outfit over the S10D, but it’ll happen. I’ve put some seriously tight clothes on some of these bodies — just takes a little patience, and a lot of shifting and tugging, but it’s doable.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Fitting 'regular' tbleague body into VeryCool outfit? C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks , good to know!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Update on this issue:

I did end up trying an s12d body, simply to satisfy my curiosity about it, and I managed to squeeze the outfit onto it, but it was a tight enough fit that I'd probably be better off using something slimmer. I was surprised that the bust was not an issue, it was in fact the hips/arse on the s12d that made it rather iffy. Razz

For this reason, I've been thinking it would be best to just stick with the Verycool body for now, and I have one set aside ready to be painted. But then recently GF mentioned that he was able to colour a Jiaou doll body using the oil pastel method, which made me curious if that might be a potential alternative for this project. From what I've seen, there are some Jiaou doll bodies that have somewhat slimmer hips, and perhaps might be more equivalent to the VeryCool body than the s12d in that regard. 

However, I have zero experience with those, and have avoided them in the past as a) I don't particularly like them aesthetically, b) they are still too tall for my tastes, and c) from everything I have read, the tbleague seems the superior and more durable product, both in terms of poseability and quality of materials. That said, I'm willing to give a Jiaou a try, but I'm sooo confused by the variations they offer. I think I recall there being a very pale, almost white body of theirs?? It would have to be one of the slimmer ones with [obviously] detachable feet, and preferably either a medium or a not-monstrously large bust. 

I have tried to figure this out myself, but the listings for these products are not consistent and are very confusing. I've also scoured old forums and threads, but have not found precise info I'm looking for. 

As I mentioned above, I'm resigned to sticking with the VeryCool body for now, but still looking around for possible seamless alternatives. So, any advice about the Jiaou bodies would be appreciated. Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
When it comes to Jiaou, I keep coming back to this comparison photo from an old review or discussion, and you have probably looked at it more than once, too. Look for their 3.0 bodies (not the newer "European" ones -- which may or may not have a different number -- which are curvier and more endowed), medium or smaller breasts (I actually forget the specific terminology they use). All but one of the female bodies on the photo are that. Oh, and make sure that whatever you pick up has the removable feet. As to color, I don't have "pale" which would have been too pale for my purposes, and "natural" and "pink" are both quite pale. The one from the color test (the most recent one, where I tried oil pastel on Jiaou) was "natural."

Fitting 'regular' tbleague body into VeryCool outfit? Jd201810

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thank you. Yes, I do think I must have seen it before, but it's always helpful to have it again. 

There is still something a bit...odd to my eyes about the Jiaou doll bodies, and I remain a bit unconvinced by them. They seem kind of stiff and unnatural when compared to the tbleague. But at the same time, I'm still kinda curious. 

I'll have to think on it. Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I did a bit more searching and came across this thread on OSW:

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/sixth-scale-action-figure-news-reviews-and-discussion-/862940-cross-brand-colour-matching-tbleague-jiaou-doll-very-cool-kumik-heads.html

The focus is on colour-matching, which is not really an issue for me since most of the figures I'm trying to create are SW aliens and thus will need to be coloured with oil pastels anyway, but there are nonetheless some useful comparison pics including VeryCool, Jiaou, and Tbleague bodies.  

Hope it's ok to leave this here, in case anyone else finds it helpful as well. Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yes, Martian has been doing some good work on color matching for awhile, as I told him myself. Smile

doodlehobby

Just stumbled on this. Not sure if you looked at the narrow shoulder mid-bust TBL S18A/19B? It's not muscular like the S22A/23B. I don't follow Star Wars, so not sure if the body would fit the character you are making. This is the S18A in the Villa suit before I swapped it out for the more muscular S23B bodies using Kimi heads.

Fitting 'regular' tbleague body into VeryCool outfit? 40605580541_b89518f331_bPhicen Villa Suit 6 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

Fitting 'regular' tbleague body into VeryCool outfit? 40605580361_f9608cb537_bPhicen Villa Suit 1 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

Fitting 'regular' tbleague body into VeryCool outfit? 39894298794_2fa9ac9b68_bPhicen Villa Suit 5 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

Fitting 'regular' tbleague body into VeryCool outfit? 39894306504_5a9a2605a7_bPhicen Villa Suit 3 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

Fitting 'regular' tbleague body into VeryCool outfit? 40605580171_0ec3b8eb8b_bPhicen Villa Suit 2 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

Fitting 'regular' tbleague body into VeryCool outfit? 39894299094_d2d5ee460d_bPhicen Villa Suit 4 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thank you for the great pics, doodlehobby! I had a feeling if anyone knew it would be you, lol.

And don’t worry about not being familiar with the character — I didn’t exactly help by failing to provide a reference pic. ;p Not to mention that the version of the character I’m trying to create is based on her appearance in a cgi animated series. So there is some room for interpretation in translating her to a more ‘realistic’’ appearance. She’s not super muscular — rather, the look I’m going for is ‘slender and long-limbed, while also being curvaceous/voluptuous enough to give off a femme fatale vibe’. Lol, too hard to explain...

Fitting 'regular' tbleague body into VeryCool outfit? Tumblr_mxkx0n1IDN1r0j0yso1_400

Fitting 'regular' tbleague body into VeryCool outfit? Tumblr_on20ykYF8w1qi4j1oo3_400

The main issue I’m having atm is that, when I'd originally embarked upon this project (aka, to create a line of custom 1/6 figures based on my favourite characters from the Clone Wars animated series), I was using/planning to use basic jointed bodies. Amongst other reasons for choosing to do so, I’d also thought that this was my only option for creating SW alien figures due to being unaware at the time that tbleague bodies *could* indeed be coloured with oil pastels. Also, I felt tbleague bodies were too tall to be used for all the characters.  So, I started the project and already had a couple outfits completed or nearly completed when....

...  I joined this forum and saw that a) the new s25b-size bodies would indeed mean I could make shorter figures as well as taller ones, and b) omg, you could colour them!! :O

So, I purchased my first couple tbleague bodies and am now hooked on the seamless look, not to mention the pose-ability. Very Happy

Unfortunately, though, I’m still kinda stuck on a couple of the planned figures, as I’m hoping to avoid having to re-create the entire outfits while simultaneously trying to find seamless upgrade bodies that will fit and also be suitable for each characters’ body shapes. For some, I’ve also been struggling to fit headsculpts that I already have onto tbleague bodies, etc.

The pics of the small tbleague bodies with the bare shoulders you just posted actually helped me immensely with a different figure from this ‘line’ that I’d been agonising over, so many thanks for that once again. Smile I’ll definitely bear in mind the s17b as well and add it to the list of bodies to experiment with!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum