OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mezco Ghostbusters (Quick Review)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1mezco - Mezco Ghostbusters (Quick Review) Empty Mezco Ghostbusters (Quick Review) Sat May 11, 2019 12:38 am

Adeno

Just a quick look and review Smile

mezco - Mezco Ghostbusters (Quick Review) 8DBBIzn

mezco - Mezco Ghostbusters (Quick Review) S581MMV

mezco - Mezco Ghostbusters (Quick Review) RZ6Flm9

mezco - Mezco Ghostbusters (Quick Review) PwuLIIm

mezco - Mezco Ghostbusters (Quick Review) 9aAp6rz

mezco - Mezco Ghostbusters (Quick Review) MgoJrPX

mezco - Mezco Ghostbusters (Quick Review) ZVMLE6Y

mezco - Mezco Ghostbusters (Quick Review) MaUAMQp

mezco - Mezco Ghostbusters (Quick Review) 2hhJc5h

mezco - Mezco Ghostbusters (Quick Review) DXWam3E

mezco - Mezco Ghostbusters (Quick Review) CN6JpQ2

mezco - Mezco Ghostbusters (Quick Review) LADiMiZ

mezco - Mezco Ghostbusters (Quick Review) I2WkMqn

mezco - Mezco Ghostbusters (Quick Review) VtbSMLp

mezco - Mezco Ghostbusters (Quick Review) E9EWwIt

mezco - Mezco Ghostbusters (Quick Review) R5N8bTX

mezco - Mezco Ghostbusters (Quick Review) Mqu6ZkQ

mezco - Mezco Ghostbusters (Quick Review) Fv1t5rD

mezco - Mezco Ghostbusters (Quick Review) FAg3zE7

They look nice and I'm satisfied with them, but I think the headsculpts could have been made better to be a bit more accurate to the actors.

Articulation isn't as good as Mezco Jason's. I don't think they have double jointed elbows or knees, that's why you can't really bend them or make them kneel that far, which is a shame. It also limits your ability to make them aim their "wands". They still move decently though.

Accessories are really good! I love the light-up feature of the proton packs. It comes with a lot of little batteries. You unscrew a little door at the back of the proton pack, you remove it, and then you put two batteries each inside. You need a tiny screwdriver! You then press a button at the main part of the proton pack to make it light up. There are proton beams that you can attach to the end of the wands. Unfortunately, even though the tip of the wands do light up, it's too weak to fully light up the proton beams. The cables of the proton pack are made of some kind of wire that feels pretty durable. You can make the cable pose however you want.

The PKE meter's antenna can move up and down. The ghost trap unfortunately doesn't open so you'll have to use your imagination. The goggles can be worn by Ray, while there are four walkie-talkies for each Ghostbuster.

The belts on the suits are actually functional so you can put the walkie-talkies and other ghost busting equipment there.

Slimer is really awesome! Just look at his green slimy body! He's just very beautiful, even with his messed up teeth! He even has a butt surprisingly lol! You can also move his arms around.

Finally, the set comes with four stands, and of course, one little stand for Slimer.

All in all, a great set for Ghostbuster fans, but it's not flawless. Articulation is dated, it seems this was planned before the Mezco Jason style articulation was adopted. It would've benefited with the better new articulation style. The headsculpts look good enough, but I think Bill Murray's head could have been made better. The accessories are definitely wonderful, but I don't really like the proton beams because they look like solidified held-up pee with little blue clouds. I do like the light-up feature of the proton packs even though it's not required. Too bad the light-up feature fails to light-up the proton beams.

The normal retail price is $300, which I think is pretty fair since most Mezco toys are around $80 each. Four Ghostbusters, light-up proton packs, a bunch of cool accessories that they used in the movie, and a hideously cute Slimer, I think it's a good deal if you're a Ghostbusters fan Smile

#Mezco #Ghostbusters

2mezco - Mezco Ghostbusters (Quick Review) Empty Re: Mezco Ghostbusters (Quick Review) Sun May 19, 2019 3:33 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
The sculpts look all wrong to me. Considering how good most are, these are a real disappointment. The shocked Bill Murray looks more like John Belushi. Which is ironic as I believe he was cast just before he died and Bill Murray stepped in.

CHEERS!

3mezco - Mezco Ghostbusters (Quick Review) Empty Re: Mezco Ghostbusters (Quick Review) Sun May 19, 2019 11:25 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
They do look like pretty good sets, although I see what you mean about the softness and quality of the sculpts. It is news to me (but no surprise there, I only own one Mezco), but apparently the quality and poseability of Mezco One:12 Collective varies between individual products.

4mezco - Mezco Ghostbusters (Quick Review) Empty Re: Mezco Ghostbusters (Quick Review) Mon May 20, 2019 9:44 am

blackpool

blackpool
Damend, I had passed on the blitzway because of the price and quite average likeness to the actors on the final product, so I had great hopes about these little ones, they would have been my first mezco figures...

I guess I'll pass, while the double headsculpt for each character is really an awesome feature, the likeness is indeed quite low (seeing what bandai does on its figuarts line, it's really disappointing at that price point)
And if the articulation doesn't allow much, mainly their iconic poses holding the wands, it's a major problem for me...

Thanks a lot for the review and pictures, great insight, at least it made me save some bucks!

5mezco - Mezco Ghostbusters (Quick Review) Empty Re: Mezco Ghostbusters (Quick Review) Mon May 20, 2019 9:52 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
blackpool wrote:Damend, I had passed on the blitzway because of the price and quite average likeness to the actors on the final product, so I had great hopes about these little ones, they would have been my first mezco figures...

I guess I'll pass, while the double headsculpt for each character is really an awesome feature, the likeness is indeed quite low (seeing what bandai does on its figuarts line, it's really disappointing at that price point)
And if the articulation doesn't allow much, mainly their iconic poses holding the wands, it's a major problem for me...

Thanks a lot for the review and pictures, great insight, at least it made me save some bucks!

Yep. Same. For all the hoopla over the Blitzway figures, I thought the head sculpts were a massive letdown — aside from maybe Egon, they failed to capture the essence of the characters. These are equally poor, imho.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

mezco - Mezco Ghostbusters (Quick Review) C8485110

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum