OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

g'kar from Babylon 5 sculpt.

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1g'kar from Babylon 5 sculpt. Empty g'kar from Babylon 5 sculpt. Fri May 17, 2019 1:43 pm

peter the painter

g'kar from Babylon 5 sculpt. 40901743623_31359c9393_z100_5865 by Peter the painter, on Flickr

g'kar from Babylon 5 sculpt. 47816067322_60154a658a_z100_5867 by Peter the painter, on Flickr

g'kar from Babylon 5 sculpt. 47868425351_8d75b9e56c_z100_5864 (2) by Peter the painter, on Flickr

g'kar from Babylon 5 sculpt. 46951997065_d55a7f917f_nthumbnail_gkar by Peter the painter, on Flickr

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,

Peter.

2g'kar from Babylon 5 sculpt. Empty Re: g'kar from Babylon 5 sculpt. Fri May 17, 2019 1:50 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Glad to see you back, Peter. Great sculpt — loved that show.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

g'kar from Babylon 5 sculpt. C8485110

3g'kar from Babylon 5 sculpt. Empty Re: g'kar from Babylon 5 sculpt. Fri May 17, 2019 2:45 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Oh you know they've got to be aliens if there's need for diacritics in their names! Very nicely done, as always, Peter!

4g'kar from Babylon 5 sculpt. Empty Re: g'kar from Babylon 5 sculpt. Fri May 17, 2019 5:44 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Looks excellent, and I love to see alien headsculpts! Thank you for sharing! Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

5g'kar from Babylon 5 sculpt. Empty Re: g'kar from Babylon 5 sculpt. Sat May 18, 2019 4:13 am

shazzdan

shazzdan
I like him. Nice job.

G'Kar: I would be dead if not for you. You risked your life to save mine.
Londo: You would have done the same.
G'Kar: Yes, but I'm a better person.

6g'kar from Babylon 5 sculpt. Empty Re: g'kar from Babylon 5 sculpt. Sat May 18, 2019 6:51 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
This is very timely. It’s Andreas Katsulas’s birthday today (he died in 2006), who played G’Kar in Babylon 5, but probably his most memorable big screen role was as the “One-Armed Man” in The Fugitive with Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee Jones.

7g'kar from Babylon 5 sculpt. Empty Re: g'kar from Babylon 5 sculpt. Sun May 19, 2019 8:38 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Nice work!

8g'kar from Babylon 5 sculpt. Empty Re: g'kar from Babylon 5 sculpt. Sun May 19, 2019 3:32 pm

Peaches

Peaches
Wonderful sculpt, perfect!

9g'kar from Babylon 5 sculpt. Empty Re: g'kar from Babylon 5 sculpt. Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:36 pm

ironman1188

ironman1188
How do I get one?

10g'kar from Babylon 5 sculpt. Empty Re: g'kar from Babylon 5 sculpt. Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:15 am

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
You will have to contact peter the painter for a commission to get one. But he seems a bit busy at the moment, at least I heard not back from him yet

11g'kar from Babylon 5 sculpt. Empty Re: g'kar from Babylon 5 sculpt. Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:56 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but someone posted awhile ago (not sure if it was here or another forum) that Peter had retired from commission work. If anyone knows different, please let us know.

12g'kar from Babylon 5 sculpt. Empty Re: g'kar from Babylon 5 sculpt. Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:08 am

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
When and where was that posted? I have not heard such a thing. If true, that would throw a wrench into my plans. He could at least have replied to my PM saying he retired or come here and formally announced it. So any recommedations for people that make custom headsculpts then?

13g'kar from Babylon 5 sculpt. Empty Re: g'kar from Babylon 5 sculpt. Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:40 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Stryker2011 wrote:I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but someone posted awhile ago (not sure if it was here or another forum) that Peter had retired from commission work. If anyone knows different, please let us know.

Hope it´s not true. Shame on me.  Embarassed That would be not hard to me to give Peter more Feedback and compliments to his fantastic work. If You like the work someone here did, tell it to him. Only some minutes for a comment. That is incentive for to do more, show more. Especially new friends here in the forum need some nice comments for their work to show more of it and stay in the forum and the hobby.

14g'kar from Babylon 5 sculpt. Empty Re: g'kar from Babylon 5 sculpt. Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:03 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ephiane wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but someone posted awhile ago (not sure if it was here or another forum) that Peter had retired from commission work. If anyone knows different, please let us know.

Hope it´s not true. Shame on me.  Embarassed That would be not hard to me to give Peter more Feedback and compliments to his fantastic work. If You like the work someone here did, tell it to him. Only some minutes for a comment. That is incentive for to do more, show more. Especially new friends here in the forum need some nice comments for their work to show more of it and stay in the forum and the hobby.

Agreed. I think a lot of folks have gotten lazy with things like Facebook where all you have to do is hit a "Like" button instead of putting the effort in to responding with actual words. (I hate the idea of that Like button just as principal. What if you Don't like something -- why isn't there a button for that? If I were on FB, I'd be hitting that button more than any other just due to all the BS that's on that idiotic site).

15g'kar from Babylon 5 sculpt. Empty Re: g'kar from Babylon 5 sculpt. Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:35 am

Ovy

Ovy
ZeroDelta wrote:When and where was that posted? I have not heard such a thing. If true, that would throw a wrench into my plans. He could at least have replied to my PM saying he retired or come here and formally announced it. So any recommedations for people that make custom headsculpts then?

A kitbasher on a German forum who comissioned a Freddie Mercury sculpt said that Peter made an exception for him as he is actually 'retired'. I mentioned that in some thread here but don't know which, but it was no official announcement.

16g'kar from Babylon 5 sculpt. Empty Re: g'kar from Babylon 5 sculpt. Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:56 am

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
Ovy wrote:
ZeroDelta wrote:When and where was that posted? I have not heard such a thing. If true, that would throw a wrench into my plans. He could at least have replied to my PM saying he retired or come here and formally announced it. So any recommedations for people that make custom headsculpts then?

A kitbasher on a German forum who comissioned a Freddie Mercury sculpt said that Peter made an exception for him as he is actually 'retired'. I mentioned that in some thread here but don't know which, but it was no official announcement.

Wait, that headsculpt was done months ago, wanst it? I contacted Peter right around the time I posted about a possible Duke Nukem kitbash and contacted him, that was in July or august and he said he would accept it, but that he was just busy and I am pretty sure the Freddie Mercury head had been out by then because I did see the full custom figure. so if he had retried by then, he would have told me in the PMs or would have posted a thread about it here, because I dont see him like the type of person to tease someone like that and then just vanish.

17g'kar from Babylon 5 sculpt. Empty Re: g'kar from Babylon 5 sculpt. Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:07 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Peter’s not that kind of guy. If he said he’d do it, I can only imagine something’s come up to delay him. After the New Year, I’d try to contact him again.

18g'kar from Babylon 5 sculpt. Empty Re: g'kar from Babylon 5 sculpt. Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:52 am

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
Well, I did send him a PM in November that I did not get a reply yet, so I figured that he is busy or on vacation or something like that. Personal stuff always comes first after all. I just hope he is alright.

19g'kar from Babylon 5 sculpt. Empty Re: g'kar from Babylon 5 sculpt. Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:16 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
ZeroDelta wrote:Well, I did send him a PM in November that I did not get a reply yet, so I figured that he is busy or on vacation or something like that. Personal stuff always comes first after all. I just hope he is alright.

Yes, exactly - wherever he is, I hope he is ok...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

20g'kar from Babylon 5 sculpt. Empty Re: g'kar from Babylon 5 sculpt. Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:13 am

ironman1188

ironman1188
Peter is a stand up guy. He made two of my favorite customs possible. I hope he is well and still doing some work.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum