OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 EX22 King Henry V of England, double head sculptures & horse

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

ThePhotogsBlog

skywalkersaga wrote:Yeah.... note also the size, shape, and placement of the eyes on the PopToys model in comparison to the photos of real horses.

good point

Lynkhart

They’re just off! I can’t really pinpoint the exact issue which probably means there’s more wrong with it than right! Laughing The head looks too small, the ears are weird, the feet and legs look very odd indeed and the general pose just looks awkward and uncomfortable.

My main hobby other than 1/6th figs is model horses, and if this were to be marketed to that hobby it’d  be an utter failure as there’s absolutely no comparison to the limited run artist resins and even the mass produced factory made models we collect and customise.

http://lastalliancestudios.blogspot.co.uk

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
9Lynkhart wrote:They’re just off! I can’t really pinpoint the exact issue which probably means there’s more wrong with it than right! Laughing The head looks too small, the ears are weird, the feet and legs look very odd indeed and the general pose just looks awkward and uncomfortable.

My main hobby other than 1/6th figs is model horses, and if this were to be marketed to that hobby it’d  be an utter failure as there’s absolutely no comparison to the limited run artist resins and even the mass produced factory made models we collect and customise.

Yes, agreed. It is indeed too difficult to explain, unless one simply...knows. Hence me resorting to pics to attempt to illustrate. ;p

And yess, I greatly admire your work on model horses! Smile Model horses have always been my first and best love in terms of collectibles. While I never ventured into customizing or into the super higher end side of it, I did love my Breyers growing up -- and, imo, even the least impressive Breyer model is still miles more believable as an equine sculpture than the above 1/6 'horse'. Razz

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Delanie

Delanie
I'm glad it wasn't just me Ladies!

I think I kind of want this figure but will get another horse for the Scene I have in mind.

As an aside I have the brown / red IIL horse hopefully on its way from machinegun

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Delanie wrote:I'm glad it wasn't just me Ladies!

I think I kind of want this figure but will get another horse for the Scene I have in mind.

As an aside I have the brown / red IIL horse hopefully on its way from machinegun

Oh, I'm envious.... I missed out on the Ili horses.  Sad

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum