OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Great Twins Terminator (Quick Review)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1T800 - Great Twins Terminator (Quick Review) Empty Great Twins Terminator (Quick Review) Sat May 18, 2019 5:33 am

Adeno

T800 - Great Twins Terminator (Quick Review) VIqhHCz

T800 - Great Twins Terminator (Quick Review) GEeWgpT

T800 - Great Twins Terminator (Quick Review) Jt8HBHY

T800 - Great Twins Terminator (Quick Review) 9UsXLuE

Quick Review:

Great Twins Terminator is pretty nice but far from perfect. Unfortunately mine has missing/damaged paint on the right side of his face and that's why I can't take close up pictures of him (and I have to use some filters to hide the issues and take pictures in the dark, hide the right side of his face), otherwise he'd look like he's got chickenpox or weird skin problems.

Posability is pretty good. It even has drop-down shoulders to help extend the range of motion of his arms. Elbows and knees can bend really well. The feet on mine seem to be a little "weak" but fortunately can still hold poses. Articulation overall is quite similar to Mezco Jason's so it's very good.

The left wrist hole where the peg connects for hands is loose, so the left hand falls easily. This also makes changing left hands very hard because you either have to position the peg 90 degrees and pull on the hand in order to take it off, otherwise, you'd pull the entire hand with the peg still inside it.

I find the accessories to be quite smaller than I expected. The handgun seems tiny especially when Arnold's holding it. Shotgun seems thin and short, although I'm not sure if it's supposed to be really the short type of shotgun. Grenade launcher seems ok. Minigun is the best, I guess that's why it's what Arnold's been holding all the time in the promo pictures. The grenade launcher belt that has shells on it is very nice and it has some weight to it! There's also a nice bag that Arnold can carry around.

When I compare this to a Mezco toy like Jason Voorhees, I say that Mezco is still the better one. I have a few Mezco toys here like Popeye, Jason Voorhees, and the two Dawn of the Dead zombies. All of them arrived without quality control issues at all. This is my first Great Twins toy and I've already encountered a major problem, which is paint damage on the one single face it has and the loose left wrist hole problem. It's a good attempt by Great Twins if this problem isn't widespread, but they're not yet at the level of Mezco. I'd think twice before buying the next time I see a Great Twins toy I'm interested in.

All in all, Great Twins Terminator is good and it's currently my favorite Terminator toy because it easily scales well with my Figuarts and Figma toys. My enjoyment of it is lowered primarily because of the missing/damaged paint on my Arnold's face and then the loose left wrist hole. I imagine that the horrible paint defect on my Arnold's face is rare because all of the video reviews I've seen on Youtube and the pictures I've seen on the internet have perfect paint application on Arnold's face and they don't have the loose left wrist hole problem. I must have simply been the unlucky one to receive a defective/damaged Great Twins Terminator. Hopefully, I'd be able to receive a replacement Arnold head at least because the point of buying this Terminator in the first place was the beautiful realistic head, which I unfortunately received a bad one of.

Quick Score if my Arnold had a perfect face paint application: 9/10.

Quick Score taking into consideration I received a bad Arnold head and a problematic loose left wrist hole: 7/10.

#GreatTwins #Terminator #T800 #Arnold #Schwarzenegger

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cool pictures. Too bad about the head and hand — hope you can get that sorted.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

T800 - Great Twins Terminator (Quick Review) C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you for the review. I, too, hope you are able to exchange the faulty product or get a refund and get yourself a better one. Because, as you show in the review, it is pretty sweet! I agree that some parts feel fragile, and I also had the feeling some of the accessories -- and most notably the shotgun in question -- were possibly a little undersized. But do note that this particular shotgun is sawed-off, so it should be shorter than normal.

Anyway, to complement your beautiful images, here are some extra ones -- showing more of the face, and with some other high-end 1:12 (6-inch) figures for comparison -- I don't have too many of those, I think this is almost the whole extent of my collection -- not counting Hasbro's Star Wars Black Series and similar slightly less-detailed toy lines.

T800 - Great Twins Terminator (Quick Review) Arniet12

T800 - Great Twins Terminator (Quick Review) Arniet11

T800 - Great Twins Terminator (Quick Review) Arniet10

All in all, I think this Great Twins T-800 compares very well with Mezco (Thor), CooModel (Hospitaller), and that other newcomer, 1:12 Era (Logan). The magnetic head solution is interesting, although I suppose it might get in the way of kitbashing with other bodies. And did I mention the plethora of accessories? I wish someone had done this (with all these accessories and this more youthful Arnie appropriate for the early films) in 1:6 scale (in a single set, and back when the price would have been considerably less astronomical than it would be now). I do wish they had provided extra wrist pegs and maybe used softer plastic for the hands, because I just worry that something might break -- it hasn't already, but I worry. The waist of the pants seems to sit a little too high up, and the neckhole design of the T-shirt leaves something to be desired; otherwise, pretty damn perfect.

Adeno

Ah you have a very nice Arnold head! He looks nice with the rest of your guys as well Smile

I also find it interesting that they included an extra neck that is shorter to be used with a jacketless Arnold. At least that's a good effort in solving the problem of the neck looking too long when not wearing the jacket.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Adeno wrote:Ah you have a very nice Arnold head! He looks nice with the rest of your guys as well Smile

I also find it interesting that they included an extra neck that is shorter to be used with a jacketless Arnold. At least that's a good effort in solving the problem of the neck looking too long when not wearing the jacket.

Thank you. I was wondering about that extra neck, and I also thought maybe that was its purpose -- to make it look right without the jacket on. Thanks for confirming.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum