OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: COOMODEL: 1 / 6 alloy die-casting empire series - Henry VIII Lions version of the red dragon version of the Tudor version of the Wolf Hall scene

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

42CooModel - NEW PRODUCT: COOMODEL: 1 / 6 alloy die-casting empire series - Henry VIII Lions version of the red dragon version of the Tudor version of the Wolf Hall scene - Page 3 Empty The clothing Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:13 pm

whitd

Anyone know if the figure's non-armor outfit was a costume used in the Tudors series?  Or if it matches a historical outfit?

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
whitd wrote:Anyone know if the figure's non-armor outfit was a costume used in the Tudors series?  Or if it matches a historical outfit?

I can't be certain. It looks palpably less elaborate than the costumes from the series, and if it appears there at all, it might have been fairly obscure (although certain elements do seem similar).

This is the closest I found:
CooModel - NEW PRODUCT: COOMODEL: 1 / 6 alloy die-casting empire series - Henry VIII Lions version of the red dragon version of the Tudor version of the Wolf Hall scene - Page 3 Henry-Cavill-The-Tudors-06

but see here:
CooModel - NEW PRODUCT: COOMODEL: 1 / 6 alloy die-casting empire series - Henry VIII Lions version of the red dragon version of the Tudor version of the Wolf Hall scene - Page 3 4876618126_03d5b53835_b

You can look through these search results for plenty of screen captures from the series:

HERE

or

HERE

You can also check this out, but I'm not sure about the scale of "Tonner Dolls."
https://www.etsy.com/sg-en/listing/597976885/the-tudors-henry-viii-outfit-tudor

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

whitd

GubernatorFan wrote:
whitd wrote:Anyone know if the figure's non-armor outfit was a costume used in the Tudors series?  Or if it matches a historical outfit?

I can't be certain. It looks palpably less elaborate than the costumes from the series, and if it appears there at all, it might have been fairly obscure (although certain elements do seem similar).

You can look through these search results for plenty of screen captures from the series:

HERE

or

HERE

You can also check this out, but I'm not sure about the scale of "Tonner Dolls."
https://www.etsy.com/sg-en/listing/597976885/the-tudors-henry-viii-outfit-tudor

Thanks for the pics.  

Yeah I've been scrolling through google images for what seems like ages hoping to find a match.  I was very enthused about this figure at first despite the price point, but now I'm now sure what they are actually selling.   A historical figure?  A film/television figure?  

The head sculpt had me believing it must be a costume from the show, but it doesn't seem to be.  So maybe its taken from history.  But even if it is, it feels too simple, as you mention, to be a good choice.

The armor looks reasonably close to being historically accurate, except the body size/type is wrong for the actual man.  So I'm left not knowing what to make of it all.  

The throne also does not seem to match the show or history from what I've found so far.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Due to the headsculpt, the figure seems based on the Tudors tv series, but I cannot really say how screen-accurate the outfits are as I only viewed the first two seasons of that show and then stopped. And it's been so long now I honestly cannot recall what, if any, of the outfits appeared that early on in the series.

As for Tonner dolls, they are approximately 1:4 scale.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Ovy

Ovy
That's what I love about this forum, the great exchange of vast knowledge, backed up with great pictures.
And nobody said anything about Henry's codpiece, so I won't mention it either! (I guess it was another armour...)

I visited Conwy castle just last month. It's funny how the railway was Integrated there. But I really wouldn't like to live under the city wall, it's just one step to get onto the roofs. One even placed barbed wire - to fend of tourists I think.

And I guess the clever Chinese who finally find a way to mass produce realistic 1/6 mail will become very rich.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum