OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TBLeague / Phicen Colour code

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1tbl - TBLeague / Phicen Colour code  Empty TBLeague / Phicen Colour code Fri May 24, 2019 8:38 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Hi Friends, looks like i´m to stupid to understand the Pichen / TBL model and colour code. Can we do a List in this Thread here ?

Thanks

Eph

#phicen #tbleague #tbl #seamless #color #colour

2tbl - TBLeague / Phicen Colour code  Empty Re: TBLeague / Phicen Colour code Fri May 24, 2019 8:58 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Right now there's really only two colors "Suntan" & "Pale"; if you go further back in time to the out of stock stuff -- that's where you run into problems. Generally the way TBL has been doing it, has been a bit confusing, but specifically it works like this:

Anything with an "A" after the number (ie, S24A) is going to be "Pale"
Anything with an "B" after the number (ie, S25B) is going to be "Suntan"

What adds to the confusion is when you see "C" or "D" after the number on the older (reissue) bodies -- then you have to double check you're getting either Pale or Suntan. Honestly, I hate their number system, but I'm sure they have to do something to make warehouse picking easier.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

tbl - TBLeague / Phicen Colour code  C8485110

3tbl - TBLeague / Phicen Colour code  Empty Re: TBLeague / Phicen Colour code Fri May 24, 2019 9:35 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Very clear and helpful explanation, Stryker. I always used to get super confused about those reissue ones, because I didn't understand why they were numbered like that, but it makes sense now! : )

And Ephiane, don't worry, it IS kinda confusing, especially because both tbleague's 'pale' and 'suntan' are in fact quite pale. The only real difference is in the actual colour/tone, with the suntan being a somewhat warmer colour, yet still quite pale.

ETA: This is only for female bodies. As far as I can tell, the current colour for male bodies, other than the tall basketball player fellow, is all the same....the darker suntan colour.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

4tbl - TBLeague / Phicen Colour code  Empty Re: TBLeague / Phicen Colour code Fri May 24, 2019 2:11 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Thanks very much, Friends. I think i already show this, but there is a difference between old suntan skin tone and new suntan skin tone. The Redhead and the blonde one had both suntan skin tone.... mhh, need to be sure before i order a plump Body Rolling Eyes

tbl - TBLeague / Phicen Colour code  S89fw610

5tbl - TBLeague / Phicen Colour code  Empty Re: TBLeague / Phicen Colour code Fri May 24, 2019 2:14 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The "plump" or "buxom" body is available in pale (S28A) and in new suntan (S28B) -- and if what we hear is right, the new suntan on it is quite pale in itself -- perhaps even more so than usual. When I say "new suntan," I mean the suntan we've seen for the last several years (the older one is long gone, as is the even older "tan" -- I think we might sometimes get confused between "old suntan" and "tan" -- at least I know that I occasionally do).

Given your body painting abilities, I am surprised you are so worried about this one, Ephiane. But yes, it is annoying how pale they make these "suntan" bodies when they also offer an actual "pale" option...

6tbl - TBLeague / Phicen Colour code  Empty Re: TBLeague / Phicen Colour code Fri May 24, 2019 3:21 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I wish they’d go back to Old Suntan; or at least use the same Suntan they’re using for their male bodies — maybe they got heat from Hot Toys when everyone was switching out all their female bodies for TBLeague’s... since the old Suntan was the closest to HTs in skintone.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

tbl - TBLeague / Phicen Colour code  C8485110

7tbl - TBLeague / Phicen Colour code  Empty Re: TBLeague / Phicen Colour code Fri May 24, 2019 4:15 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
For reference purposes, I lined up all my TBLeague (formerly Phicen) seamless female bodies (with a male M33 for comparison) and shot them in natural sunlight. Of course, light, camera settings, computer screen settings, etc., might still make a difference, but here it is. I do not own all the bodies (and I have purposely stayed away from most of the floppy feet or pale bodies) but this should serve as a basic guide. The abbreviation nst = "new suntan." There are reports that new production runs of older bodies have replaced the older versions of a color with a new one (e.g., if suntan, then "old suntan" with "new suntan").

Sidenote: All the male figures have been released with the label "suntan" (except for one version of the super-tall M36 body), but they have varied slightly in color -- most notably M30 was palpably paler and more ashen than the later bodies.

Note: the first color comparison image does NOT convey the height of the figures -- I lined them up so that I don't have to edit it to make it safe for work and the only purpose was to show the variation in skin tone/color. I re-post some older images from reviews and other threads for height comparisons further below.

Hope this helps.

Color comparison:
tbl - TBLeague / Phicen Colour code  Tblfbc10

Height and color comparisons:
tbl - TBLeague / Phicen Colour code  Tblbod10

tbl - TBLeague / Phicen Colour code  Tbleag10

tbl - TBLeague / Phicen Colour code  Tbleag14

8tbl - TBLeague / Phicen Colour code  Empty Re: TBLeague / Phicen Colour code Sun May 26, 2019 6:27 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Many Thanks, that´s a fantastic reference !

9tbl - TBLeague / Phicen Colour code  Empty Re: TBLeague / Phicen Colour code Sun May 26, 2019 9:24 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow, really excellent references, GF! It helps me immensely to see all these figures/bodies directly compared while standing alongside one another. Thank you SO much for taking the time to put that together!

10tbl - TBLeague / Phicen Colour code  Empty Re: TBLeague / Phicen Colour code Sun May 26, 2019 10:02 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ephiane wrote:Many Thanks, that´s a fantastic reference !

skywalkersaga wrote:Wow, really excellent references, GF! It helps me immensely to see all these figures/bodies directly compared while standing alongside one another. Thank you SO much for taking the time to put that together!

You're welcome. The last three are old, but I figured someone who hasn't come across them would inevitably ask about the relative heights. It was a bit complicated to retrieve, arrange, and not confuse all the loose bodies (even if I wasn't trying to match them with heads and clothes) for the first photo, but now it gives me a reference too. It is also interesting how the colors look in (a) natural sunlight and (b) when compared to each other. In hand and in some other lights, for example, the M33 doesn't look quite as dark, and the female "new suntan" looks quite pale by itself and not as different from the "pale" when compared with it.

11tbl - TBLeague / Phicen Colour code  Empty Re: TBLeague / Phicen Colour code Sun May 26, 2019 12:45 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:

You're welcome. The last three are old, but I figured someone who hasn't come across them would inevitably ask about the relative heights. It was a bit complicated to retrieve, arrange, and not confuse all the loose bodies (even if I wasn't trying to match them with heads and clothes) for the first photo, but now it gives me a reference too. It is also interesting how the colors look in (a) natural sunlight and (b) when compared to each other. In hand and in some other lights, for example, the M33 doesn't look quite as dark, and the female "new suntan" looks quite pale by itself and not as different from the "pale" when compared with it.

Ha, I'm glad it was helpful to yourself, as well. Wink

And yes, so true...the skintones really do look different depending on the lighting and on which other figures they are standing next to. For instance, in that pic of those larger/regular sized tbleague female bodies all standing together, if they had not been labeled, I would have thought they were 'pale'.

On a sidenote: is it just the angle, or is the s23b slightly taller than the others in that pic? O.o

12tbl - TBLeague / Phicen Colour code  Empty Re: TBLeague / Phicen Colour code Mon May 27, 2019 2:49 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:On a sidenote: is it just the angle, or is the s23b slightly taller than the others in that pic? O.o

I don't remember if it's actually taller -- I rather doubt it. It might be a bit closer to the camera lens, judging by the placement of the feet, and it is more muscular than the others. There may also be the head/inside neck connector design issue at play -- to a point.

13tbl - TBLeague / Phicen Colour code  Empty Re: TBLeague / Phicen Colour code Mon May 27, 2019 6:02 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That’s what I thought , but just wanted to check — thanks! Smile

14tbl - TBLeague / Phicen Colour code  Empty Re: TBLeague / Phicen Colour code Mon May 27, 2019 10:22 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:That’s what I thought , but just wanted to check — thanks! Smile

Just checked. They are the same height. About 26.5 cm or 10.5 inches from heel to top of ball joint of the neck peg.

15tbl - TBLeague / Phicen Colour code  Empty Re: TBLeague / Phicen Colour code Mon May 27, 2019 10:31 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:That’s what I thought , but just wanted to check — thanks! Smile

Just checked. They are the same height. About 26.5 cm or 10.5 inches from heel to top of ball joint of the neck peg.

Thank you! good to know! Smile

16tbl - TBLeague / Phicen Colour code  Empty Re: TBLeague / Phicen Colour code Tue May 28, 2019 3:17 am

Cobratrooper11

Cobratrooper11
Stryker2011 wrote:I wish they’d go back to Old Suntan; or at least use the same Suntan they’re using for their male bodies — maybe they got heat from Hot Toys when everyone was switching out all their female bodies for TBLeague’s... since the old Suntan was the closest to HTs in skintone.

i too wish they'd go back, or atleast darken the caucasian tone a tad to make it look a little more alive. tbh though the 23b can and does sometimes seem to be darker.

17tbl - TBLeague / Phicen Colour code  Empty Re: TBLeague / Phicen Colour code Tue May 28, 2019 6:21 am

Peaches

Peaches
Man, if they could just make some girls in the same colors as the boys, that would be awesome.

18tbl - TBLeague / Phicen Colour code  Empty Re: TBLeague / Phicen Colour code Tue May 28, 2019 11:08 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Peaches wrote:Man, if they could just make some girls in the same colors as the boys, that would be awesome.  

I like to think this strange practice goes back to the ancient tradition (started by the Egyptians, but spreading to other peoples like the Greeks; it arguably developed independently elsewhere) of depicting men darker and women fairer -- supposedly the notion is that in these old patriarchal societies, ideally men do the outdoors work (farming, building, fighting), while women do the indoors work or at any rate can enjoy the shade. Of course, I am not promoting either the rationale or the practice, just trying to figure out where it comes from.

tbl - TBLeague / Phicen Colour code  93b83e48b72ce8c4662ddb44e13a7114

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum