OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Limtoys 1/6 Scale GUNSLINGER OUTLAWS OF THE WEST

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Very cool shot. Love the moody atmosphere. Nicely done.

csyeung

Thanks Mark. I tried the HD monitor shot behind the figure method. Realized my PS4 only plays at 1080 though so it's a little blurry.

Here's my unboxing video. No commentary at the moment to just enjoy the music. (ok, I haven't finished editing the commentary part) Sorry it's a bit long though, there are a ton of accessories, but you won't have my voice droning over the video haha.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
It's still a very nice shot, Craig. You can display some other, high-resolution farm or western image as opposed to a screen cap from the game. Nice video (and music choice), too. Such a rich set.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

csyeung

GubernatorFan wrote:It's still a very nice shot, Craig. You can display some other, high-resolution farm or western image as opposed to a screen cap from the game. Nice video (and music choice), too. Such a rich set.

Oh man, that's a great idea! I'll have to search for some high res pictures now!

csyeung

csyeung
videogamebased - NEW PRODUCT: Limtoys 1/6 Scale GUNSLINGER OUTLAWS OF THE WEST - Page 5 Dsc02811
videogamebased - NEW PRODUCT: Limtoys 1/6 Scale GUNSLINGER OUTLAWS OF THE WEST - Page 5 Dsc02812

Thought I'd add these two pics here for those getting this figure. It shows some of the moving parts on the cattleman, shotgun and the plate that opens on the winchester. (i put a small dot of blue tack to keep it from falling off accidentally as that's how I first discovered it came off. The lever rotates on the pin attached to the cover. I found if I squeezed the cover a bit, the lever is not as loose.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The attention to detail for this figure and the accessories is insane. I had originally POd from Toy Origin, but they have been really shady lately — probably lost my $20 deposit as it was nearly two years ago. I ended up POing from OSK (two of them), and have one of the current batch on the way, and another one from the second batch — who knows when that will ship.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

videogamebased - NEW PRODUCT: Limtoys 1/6 Scale GUNSLINGER OUTLAWS OF THE WEST - Page 5 C8485110

csyeung

csyeung
Apparently second batch I read is sometime in January or February, but I expect that to be pushed back cause there seems to be more interest in the figure now that it's out and I think a ton of people missed out or canceled on it initially. I think Lim and TO are still working on something regarding shipping stock, but looks it'll be by the second batch before that's all sorted.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I haven't had a chance to finish putting my Arthur fully together, but I did receive my tack yesterday from here: https://www.benscustomtack.com and thought I'd put it together (Not sure I did it right, but it's good enough for now). It's very difficult to get the figure to sit down all the way, and the boots are awkwardly angled (sadly, no way to adjust the stirrups up or down, but at least it's period accurate -- 1880 trail rider).

videogamebased - NEW PRODUCT: Limtoys 1/6 Scale GUNSLINGER OUTLAWS OF THE WEST - Page 5 _dsc3630
videogamebased - NEW PRODUCT: Limtoys 1/6 Scale GUNSLINGER OUTLAWS OF THE WEST - Page 5 _dsc3631
videogamebased - NEW PRODUCT: Limtoys 1/6 Scale GUNSLINGER OUTLAWS OF THE WEST - Page 5 _dsc3632

videogamebased - NEW PRODUCT: Limtoys 1/6 Scale GUNSLINGER OUTLAWS OF THE WEST - Page 5 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Looks excellent to me, then again I'm no expert on this period or anything to do with horses. Coming along very nicely.

csyeung

csyeung
The tack looks amazing!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks, all. Here's a couple better lit shots of the tack (I need to get stronger lights -- even the extra LEDs that I have, and the ones that came with the light box, are pretty crap and really aren't as bright as they need to be for a light box this big. They seem bright in a dark room, but once you take the pics you see just how worthless they are).

videogamebased - NEW PRODUCT: Limtoys 1/6 Scale GUNSLINGER OUTLAWS OF THE WEST - Page 5 _dsc3637
videogamebased - NEW PRODUCT: Limtoys 1/6 Scale GUNSLINGER OUTLAWS OF THE WEST - Page 5 _dsc3636

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Interesting about the inadequateness of the LED light. But the horse and tack look great.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That turned out great!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:Interesting about the inadequateness of the LED light. But the horse and tack look great.

Yeah, it’s bizarre. The perfectly square light box came with 2 strip light bars that can be put anywhere, but despite being LEDs, they suck pretty bad (the box should have come with 2 additional bars, and I haven’t found a way to buy any extras). I have 2 smaller, but brighter stand alone LED setups (the ones that came with replaceable gel covers to change the colors) that are on adjustable tripods, but even with those it still isn’t brighter enough.

skywalkersaga wrote:That turned out great!

Thanks, S. The tack is really gorgeous and all genuine leather. The whole Kit came with quite a bit of stuff (saddle blanket, saddle, bridle, breast collar — didn’t use, saddle bags, rifle scabbard, canteen, and rustling rope; I ordered a different rifle scabbard, and an additional canteen [those are a lighter tan/brown]). All in all, while expensive (about the same as current Hot Toys prices for a boxed figure), well worth it. I’m just afraid I’m going to have to purchase two more sets for the other horses (one still hasn’t arrived).

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
That tack on that horse is a thing of beauty.  And that's quite a big horse, very imposing.

I figured that I'd better take some index pictures of the VTS and the LimToys weapons, to keep track of them in case I mixed them up in the future.  And then it got out of hand, and turned into a Gun Sale which that old rogue, Sam Cobra was hosting.  Some pictures may amuse.

videogamebased - NEW PRODUCT: Limtoys 1/6 Scale GUNSLINGER OUTLAWS OF THE WEST - Page 5 Img_6010
videogamebased - NEW PRODUCT: Limtoys 1/6 Scale GUNSLINGER OUTLAWS OF THE WEST - Page 5 Img_5711
videogamebased - NEW PRODUCT: Limtoys 1/6 Scale GUNSLINGER OUTLAWS OF THE WEST - Page 5 Img_5710
videogamebased - NEW PRODUCT: Limtoys 1/6 Scale GUNSLINGER OUTLAWS OF THE WEST - Page 5 Img_5812
videogamebased - NEW PRODUCT: Limtoys 1/6 Scale GUNSLINGER OUTLAWS OF THE WEST - Page 5 Img_5910

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wow. That’s impressive. It looks like some of the gun shows be been to. I love the way you have all he stuff displayed. Did you make the crates?

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Stryker2011 wrote:Wow. That’s impressive. It looks like some of the gun shows be been to. I love the way you have all he stuff displayed. Did you make the crates?

Thanks!  The crates are a thrift store find -- I think the piece cost me all of $3.  Looked them up online, and this is what they were in a previous life -- a display item from 1993 for the "Mary's Moo Moos" collection. I think they scale pretty well. When you see my stuff, always assume I did as little work as possible... Smile

videogamebased - NEW PRODUCT: Limtoys 1/6 Scale GUNSLINGER OUTLAWS OF THE WEST - Page 5 07_stu10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The gun sale photos were a lot of fun. I don't know why you limit your photos and postings to new products, when you have so much great stuff to share. But it is still much appreciated when you do.

csyeung

csyeung
beautiful display MBAM! i love the setup!

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:The gun sale photos were a lot of fun. I don't know why you limit your photos and postings to new products, when you have so much great stuff to share. But it is still much appreciated when you do.

You're absolutely right of course, and thank you. By way of explanation, I tend to monitor New Products daily but to go into the other sections more randomly. But I have built up a backlog of stuff I should post, particularly, some fun stuff for the "useful items for 1/6 environments."

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:The gun sale photos were a lot of fun. I don't know why you limit your photos and postings to new products, when you have so much great stuff to share. But it is still much appreciated when you do.

You're absolutely right of course, and thank you. By way of explanation, I tend to monitor New Products daily but to go into the other sections more randomly.  But I have built up a backlog of stuff I should post, particularly, some fun stuff for the "useful items for 1/6 environments."

I second GubernatorFan's comment. I overlooked your very nice pictures posted in here, as I'm not generally interested in this RDR2-figure. I think your work deserves a thread in the "General Discussion" section, so that it gets more attention. videogamebased - NEW PRODUCT: Limtoys 1/6 Scale GUNSLINGER OUTLAWS OF THE WEST - Page 5 1f600

OSFModerator1

OSFModerator1
For anyone interested, you can get a reissue of this figure from Kit (POs won't last much longer).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum