OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Limtoys 1/6 Scale GUNSLINGER OUTLAWS OF THE WEST

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

suo76

Really? Never had any problems with them and in Germany they don't have a bad reputation as far as I know. Could you give me some links to complaints, so I had evidence to be more cautious with my preorders from them?

edit: And Prices in European stores tend to be higher anyway, but they include VAT. Compared to other European stores it is about the same level.

blackpool

you can check google reviews or 12inch.com forum (in french only sorry) where there is a full topic about them, it's mainly about too high prices, changes of price before and after preorder, great lack of communication or rude communication, and lots of problems in case of damage or lost parcel...

Their prices are interesting on some brands, that's true (damtoys, artfigures...), curiously totally insane on some others (threeA, threezero, hot toys generally). Besides that they are one of the very rare site to ask for a paying membership (30€/year to get 10% discount).
From my experience I always avoided them after reading many threads of replacement problems, of unanswered mails for months, cancelled preorders without notification... But it's true people tend to be vocal and loud when things go wrong much more than when things go fine.

On the brighter side they were also well known 6 or 7 years ago for being one of the last stores accepting check payments even on international orders (they are in Belgium)

I agree with you that European stores tend to have higher prices because of taxes, mainly VAT, but the first and usual reason is because they don't buy enough quantity or don't declare it as business goods to be resold (they would pay an import tax this way, but no VAT, which is covered by the final customer, at least in france). Therefore they pay the same price as you and me if we were ordering from an american site or else, except they add their margin to this price, and then add VAT (that's where most of them make an additional margin since they calculate the VAT ratio on a price already including a VAT amount)

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for that explanation about the higher prices from European sellers, blackpool, that makes sense.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

suo76

Thanks, gives me more insight, too. I have been ordering with them only for the last year and so far had no bad experience. Got answers from customer service within a few days, got stuff delivered with no damage. I don't speak frech good enough to look at french review sites and in two german collectors groups there were no complaints about them. So your report about french sides is helpful.
What I have seen is, that the preorder prices got up when they had stuff in stock, but don't know if that goes for the customers who had it on preorder as well.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Not half bad....

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Just POd the LIM Toys version at Toy Origin. According to the rep, that is the only retailer that is going to carry him, and it is being produced in relatively low numbers. If this is the version you want, don’t hesitate:

https://www.toyorigin.com/collectibles/lim-toys/the-gunslinger-outlaws-of-the-west-1-6-scale-figure-limtoys-008/

He who dies with the most toys wins!

videogamebased - NEW PRODUCT: Limtoys 1/6 Scale GUNSLINGER OUTLAWS OF THE WEST - Page 3 C8485110

shazzdan

shazzdan
25% increase from $160 to $200. No thanks.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

I must not have been into the game to have written only 3 words in my original reply! Ah well there's always the VTS.....

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Since I POd this, I’m thinking I need to get him a horse. Just checked eBay — Man, what’s with all the Mr. Z Hanoverians? They ran out almost immediately of the better horse they put up, but this thing has been floating around now for about a year and half. Dammit, bring back the Ili. We need a taller horse to look better in scale — the Hanoverian looks too short with a rider on its back.

videogamebased - NEW PRODUCT: Limtoys 1/6 Scale GUNSLINGER OUTLAWS OF THE WEST - Page 3 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yeah, if I were getting him I’d have to also get him a horse too, especially since that is such a big part of the game. Which is one of the things currently stopping me — I have barely enough space for my existing 1/6 horses as it is, plus I’d have to get expensive tack made for it. It adds up. And , as you say, the Hanoverian is just a lil on the small side. It works for certain female figures but imo the male figures look rather too tall on it, especially if you add the increased height that a 1/6 western saddle gives.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Yeah, if I were getting him I’d have to also get him a horse too, especially since that is such a big part of the game. Which is one of the things currently stopping me — I have barely enough space for my existing 1/6 horses as it is, plus I’d have to get expensive tack made for it. It adds up. And , as you say, the Hanoverian is just a lil on the small side. It works for certain female figures but imo the male figures look rather too tall on it, especially if you add the increased height that a 1/6 western saddle gives.

I hear you on all counts. Check out Amy Jones store -- she makes some decent tack (you'll have to scroll through to find all of the ones currently available):

https://www.ajclothiers.com/apps/webstore/

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:Yeah, if I were getting him I’d have to also get him a horse too, especially since that is such a big part of the game. Which is one of the things currently stopping me — I have barely enough space for my existing 1/6 horses as it is, plus I’d have to get expensive tack made for it. It adds up. And , as you say, the Hanoverian is just a lil on the small side. It works for certain female figures but imo the male figures look rather too tall on it, especially if you add the increased height that a 1/6 western saddle gives.

I hear you on all counts. Check out Amy Jones store -- she makes some decent tack (you'll have to scroll through to find all of the ones currently available):

https://www.ajclothiers.com/apps/webstore/

Thanks for the rec! Smile I knew she did clothes, but had forgotten she also did tack.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Even if I did have room, a horse would soon take it up. Early days as yet....

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
According to the LIM Toys rep this is going fast on PO, and there likely won’t be stock left over after it sells out. Just FYI if you’re on the fence.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

That's right, I decided to let this one go. I'm getting Connor and he'll do me. There are several games on the way that I want to focus on now.

csyeung

csyeung
Some pics I plucked from bbicn. Looked too good not to share.

videogamebased - NEW PRODUCT: Limtoys 1/6 Scale GUNSLINGER OUTLAWS OF THE WEST - Page 3 12185210
videogamebased - NEW PRODUCT: Limtoys 1/6 Scale GUNSLINGER OUTLAWS OF THE WEST - Page 3 12212110
videogamebased - NEW PRODUCT: Limtoys 1/6 Scale GUNSLINGER OUTLAWS OF THE WEST - Page 3 12212210
videogamebased - NEW PRODUCT: Limtoys 1/6 Scale GUNSLINGER OUTLAWS OF THE WEST - Page 3 12212211
videogamebased - NEW PRODUCT: Limtoys 1/6 Scale GUNSLINGER OUTLAWS OF THE WEST - Page 3 12212212
videogamebased - NEW PRODUCT: Limtoys 1/6 Scale GUNSLINGER OUTLAWS OF THE WEST - Page 3 12212310
videogamebased - NEW PRODUCT: Limtoys 1/6 Scale GUNSLINGER OUTLAWS OF THE WEST - Page 3 12212312
videogamebased - NEW PRODUCT: Limtoys 1/6 Scale GUNSLINGER OUTLAWS OF THE WEST - Page 3 12212311
videogamebased - NEW PRODUCT: Limtoys 1/6 Scale GUNSLINGER OUTLAWS OF THE WEST - Page 3 12212410
videogamebased - NEW PRODUCT: Limtoys 1/6 Scale GUNSLINGER OUTLAWS OF THE WEST - Page 3 12212413
videogamebased - NEW PRODUCT: Limtoys 1/6 Scale GUNSLINGER OUTLAWS OF THE WEST - Page 3 12212412
videogamebased - NEW PRODUCT: Limtoys 1/6 Scale GUNSLINGER OUTLAWS OF THE WEST - Page 3 12212411
videogamebased - NEW PRODUCT: Limtoys 1/6 Scale GUNSLINGER OUTLAWS OF THE WEST - Page 3 12212414
videogamebased - NEW PRODUCT: Limtoys 1/6 Scale GUNSLINGER OUTLAWS OF THE WEST - Page 3 12212510
videogamebased - NEW PRODUCT: Limtoys 1/6 Scale GUNSLINGER OUTLAWS OF THE WEST - Page 3 12212511
videogamebased - NEW PRODUCT: Limtoys 1/6 Scale GUNSLINGER OUTLAWS OF THE WEST - Page 3 12212512
videogamebased - NEW PRODUCT: Limtoys 1/6 Scale GUNSLINGER OUTLAWS OF THE WEST - Page 3 12212610
videogamebased - NEW PRODUCT: Limtoys 1/6 Scale GUNSLINGER OUTLAWS OF THE WEST - Page 3 12212611

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Yeah, he is actually due out soon. Like many, they were hit hard by the pandemic and things slowed down.

Regarding the Connor, he will follow, not that I'll be getting mine though, the seller is a scammer! NEVER pre-order these on eBay!!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Aaagh... so many decapitated lobotomy patients! Smile Well, it is encouraging to see them produced in quantity. Smile And they do look pretty good.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Yeah,

Looks like they will deliver.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
By the way, Roger, nice to have you peeking back in. Hope all is going well with you and yours.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Well, the pandemic canned my move plans, if it can be reigned in by this time next year then I might still stand a chance.

RDR2 is still going strong and only recently got some new content, so there will still be interest in this. It's also possible, due to the long wait, that some folk got tired of it and cancelled. Just have to see I guess....

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’m really looking forward to this, and it will go great with the VTS version I already have. My plans for Stryker entering the Western world is coming along. I’m going to use the “matching” sculpts in different forms, as villains/brothers as I don’t have any attachment to the game, or keeping the character as a single example of such.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum