OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

DAK Pzr Grenadier Using Alert Lines DAK Uniform set. (Pic heavy)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

scalawag

scalawag
Ok,  So this is the last DAK figure I put together, probably just before Christmas I think.

Whilst it is not a new figure, it hasn't been seen here in any detail so I thought I would post up the pics I took whilst I was putting the figure together.

Here is what I started with, A DiD body and head sculpt, and the Alert Line DAK Infantry soldier uniform set.

ww2 - DAK Pzr Grenadier Using Alert Lines DAK Uniform set. (Pic heavy) 2FqlCkY

This is a good set with a lot of very nice uniform parts for creating a DAK soldier.  As well as several uniform options it has a basic set of infantry equipment which is of not too bad a quality but I think better can be had, and as you will see the equipment I ended up using was not all from this set.

I did use mostly the basic uniform parts from the set as can be seen in these pics.  The epaulets and cap soutache were repainted to have green waffenfarb signifying Pzr Grenadiers rather than the white infantry ones supplied.  The boots from the set as used here are ok, but if I am honest the DID ones from the Luca set I think look better.
The main reason for my getting this set was the greatcoat, as I didn't have a figure wearing one and it is another piece of early DAK specific kit.  Later on standard great coats were issued, but this early type as far as I am aware was only really issued in Africa.  The coat is not a bad representation, it's shade of brown is debatable, but I think is ok from the research i have done into this.

ww2 - DAK Pzr Grenadier Using Alert Lines DAK Uniform set. (Pic heavy) Dr3i4EE
ww2 - DAK Pzr Grenadier Using Alert Lines DAK Uniform set. (Pic heavy) OIHkVyN
ww2 - DAK Pzr Grenadier Using Alert Lines DAK Uniform set. (Pic heavy) ACVbpCh
ww2 - DAK Pzr Grenadier Using Alert Lines DAK Uniform set. (Pic heavy) M2bJghs
ww2 - DAK Pzr Grenadier Using Alert Lines DAK Uniform set. (Pic heavy) IQHH0Ih
ww2 - DAK Pzr Grenadier Using Alert Lines DAK Uniform set. (Pic heavy) AsEXJO8
ww2 - DAK Pzr Grenadier Using Alert Lines DAK Uniform set. (Pic heavy) DoFKkNZ

The equipment on the figure was a mix of the stuff from the Alert Line set and my favourite pieces mainly from DiD again.  
The belt, Y straps, bayonet frog, goggles and ammo pouches are alert line.  2 sets of ammo pouches are pictured here as I was debating whether to go brown or black with these and I forget where the black versions are from.  The entrancing tool, bayonet, canteens, mess tin, gas mask canister, helmet and rifle are all DiD.  The A frame pack and bag are Dragon I think.

Here are some pics of the equipment before fitting, and as it went onto the figure.

ww2 - DAK Pzr Grenadier Using Alert Lines DAK Uniform set. (Pic heavy) J0PLZ9x
ww2 - DAK Pzr Grenadier Using Alert Lines DAK Uniform set. (Pic heavy) HgkMlmc
ww2 - DAK Pzr Grenadier Using Alert Lines DAK Uniform set. (Pic heavy) WyE1dyU
ww2 - DAK Pzr Grenadier Using Alert Lines DAK Uniform set. (Pic heavy) AXVQFTx
ww2 - DAK Pzr Grenadier Using Alert Lines DAK Uniform set. (Pic heavy) 9fh8NbU

And lastly some pics of the completed figure, and pics of him in place on my Kettengrad Diorama.

ww2 - DAK Pzr Grenadier Using Alert Lines DAK Uniform set. (Pic heavy) M72CHsc
ww2 - DAK Pzr Grenadier Using Alert Lines DAK Uniform set. (Pic heavy) XlUPXRC
ww2 - DAK Pzr Grenadier Using Alert Lines DAK Uniform set. (Pic heavy) YZX6OF3
ww2 - DAK Pzr Grenadier Using Alert Lines DAK Uniform set. (Pic heavy) CUvO5wb
ww2 - DAK Pzr Grenadier Using Alert Lines DAK Uniform set. (Pic heavy) YzdPXsX
ww2 - DAK Pzr Grenadier Using Alert Lines DAK Uniform set. (Pic heavy) YffOLTu
ww2 - DAK Pzr Grenadier Using Alert Lines DAK Uniform set. (Pic heavy) NQejOrV
ww2 - DAK Pzr Grenadier Using Alert Lines DAK Uniform set. (Pic heavy) 1slsE4M
ww2 - DAK Pzr Grenadier Using Alert Lines DAK Uniform set. (Pic heavy) SLXDcfx
ww2 - DAK Pzr Grenadier Using Alert Lines DAK Uniform set. (Pic heavy) 1VQzTTL
ww2 - DAK Pzr Grenadier Using Alert Lines DAK Uniform set. (Pic heavy) Hol1N9u

Hope you enjoy the pics, and as always any comments are welcome.

Paul

#DAK #WWII #military #alertline #custom #kitbash #modern #ww2

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Man, I have to give all you military collectors credit. I would have given up the second I saw all that stuff sitting in all those bags.

Your breakdown/build photos are really well done, and I’m impressed with how realistic (to my eyes), everything came together in the end. And your scene setup with all the other figures and vehicles looks amazing. With a realistic desert backdrop, that’s museum quality.

Shocked cheers

He who dies with the most toys wins!

ww2 - DAK Pzr Grenadier Using Alert Lines DAK Uniform set. (Pic heavy) C8485110

scalawag

scalawag
Stryker2011 wrote:Man, I have to give all you military collectors credit. I would have given up the second I saw all that stuff sitting in all those bags.

Your breakdown/build photos are really well done, and I’m impressed with how realistic (to my eyes), everything came together in the end. And your scene setup with all the other figures and vehicles looks amazing. With a realistic desert backdrop, that’s museum quality.

Shocked cheers

Thanks Stryker, and I appreciate the kid words.

Those bags of bits can seem a bit daunting sometimes, but once you know where everything goes its not so bad Very Happy

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for posting this, Paul. Both the progress photos and the final result are very cool. I am glad you were able to add this to your already impressive DAK collection.

When looking at the final result, I couldn't help but be reminded of something I just saw at the store: a new Star Wars imperial trooper figure, apparently based on something featured in the forthcoming Solo movie. Mud Trooper. I have mixed feelings about these additional trooper types being inserted into things contemporary to the Original Trilogy (they don't seem necessary to me and are largely just an excuse to make more toys), but he might have been partly inspired by this very look. And whether one really wants to collect a Mud Trooper, if he becomes available in high-end sixth scale, he might be a convenient source of items for kitbashing an AT AT commander or AT ST driver (both of them partly misnomers, but you know what I mean). I know how much you like Star Wars, so I thought I'd mention it, though extraneous.

scalawag

scalawag
By all means mate, not too far off beam at all.  The pics have been seen elsewhere, but I thought why not post them here too.

I am with you on the additional trooper types though, I don't think it detracts to much from the newer films, but I don't think they add anything either.  The Mud trooper does sound interesting, and I shall wait to see what he looks like.  Not long now to the release of Solo.

Paul

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum