OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

test your might / mortal kombat

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

42test your might / mortal kombat - Page 3 Empty Re: test your might / mortal kombat Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:11 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Yes, I was going to recommend fabri-tac or the Allene products -- technically you could use any glue that won't ruin the look. Shao Kahn did turn out very well. I'm sure you'll eventually stumble across little silverish round pieces to use as bosses for the harness.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

43test your might / mortal kombat - Page 3 Empty Re: test your might / mortal kombat Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:02 pm

Tjolnir

hi folks, sadly non of the brands of fabric glue were available at the hardware store but there was to good old german "uhu" Laughing well see this weekend whether it works or not.

here´s some action shots in daylight i took today. what i didn´t take into consideration was how massive the figure is with all the armor added to it, pretty finicky to pose him.
test your might / mortal kombat - Page 3 Sk610test your might / mortal kombat - Page 3 Sk710
as for the body itself i´m pleasantly surprised as how well far you can pose the limbs and torso given the muscle mass on the guy. so far i can really recommend the m35.
on the downside, mine had some very minor "bubbles" under the skin in some places. looks like a cut underneath with the upper layer intact though not unlike a blister.

but you need to look very hard to find these blemishes so they don´t bother me at all.

more pics to come once baraka gets a gear makeover.
cheers

44test your might / mortal kombat - Page 3 Empty Re: test your might / mortal kombat Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:19 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
They look good. I doubt a hardware store would sell fabric glue -- try a craft store or a fabric store. Uhu reminds me of my childhood. I don't remember the details -- if it dries clear (colorless), you might be able to use it on the edges of the fabric (if that is what you needed).

45test your might / mortal kombat - Page 3 Empty Re: test your might / mortal kombat Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:19 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Finally took the time to read and look at everything. Great work on the customs, I admire your endurance to make the not-so-perfect parts like the head over and over again until you are pleased.

The pose and the hammer of that Kahn guy make him look really heavy in a realistic way. And interesting information on that tbleague-staining, did not know that. I don't own a Tbleague body yet, but does anybody have a link on that topic?

And I never played Mortal Combat to be honest, but has anybody watched the Black Mirror Episode 'Striking Vipers'? Laughing

46test your might / mortal kombat - Page 3 Empty Re: test your might / mortal kombat Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:24 pm

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
So good!!! People who can make scenario by himself always be my god.... What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face

https://www.deviantart.com/lawlaw91

47test your might / mortal kombat - Page 3 Empty Re: test your might / mortal kombat Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:07 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
You did such a great job replicating his look, and he fits in perfectly with the dio — well done! Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

48test your might / mortal kombat - Page 3 Empty Re: test your might / mortal kombat Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:56 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Great Work on the Characters, You really them ! The Monster Head is so scary, remembers me at some real bad vampires i see in movies

49test your might / mortal kombat - Page 3 Empty Re: test your might / mortal kombat Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:41 pm

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
thanks guys, your kind comments really keep me going.

so far i added a few details to baraka and modeled some spiked gloves for shao kahn
test your might / mortal kombat - Page 3 Sk810test your might / mortal kombat - Page 3 Sk910

glueing and painting the edges of the shirt proved quite easy for the glue mixed pretty well with the color without messing up the tone. aint sticky anymore so i guess it wont stain the figure anytime soon.

for the gloves i cut some fingertips from a rubber glove, strapped them over similar hands and went to work with greenstuff. this way painting afterwards was quite easy for i didn´t have to mind the mess. once dryed i´ll peel them off and apply them on the figure with double sided duct tape i guess.

so much for the current state of my mortal kombat dio, got some skulls in the making right now as well as a proper spine ready to paint.
fatalities incoming soon bounce

50test your might / mortal kombat - Page 3 Empty Re: test your might / mortal kombat Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:46 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Pretty cool additions. And you can never have enough skulls.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

test your might / mortal kombat - Page 3 C8485110

51test your might / mortal kombat - Page 3 Empty Re: test your might / mortal kombat Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:15 pm

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
aaand i´m back.

finally time for some fatalities and a bit of a kahn update.
wasn´t happy with the way the helmet looked, so i "build" one myself anew. build may be exaggerated,
since i didn´t model the items myself, all the kudos go to the respective creators. but i cut them apart and combined them with windows 3d tool as i saw fit.

not 100% classic look for shao kahn but he appeared with a similar helmet in various titles.

the skull and spine make me especially happy since i passed on the original sub zero figure, which had this item as accessory.

test your might / mortal kombat - Page 3 10170906_695498290505691_426860262383768506_n

test your might / mortal kombat - Page 3 F310

test your might / mortal kombat - Page 3 F410

and while the jaw isnt moveable, at least with this choice of skull, i added a magnet to unplug it anytime and fit it in various scenes.

test your might / mortal kombat - Page 3 F110test your might / mortal kombat - Page 3 F210

so far so good, next in line are some final details on shao kahn, if i can get the skull emblem to fit between his chest Very Happy 
cheers

52test your might / mortal kombat - Page 3 Empty Re: test your might / mortal kombat Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:49 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice additions and nice photos!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum