OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: NRToys: 1/6 Killing God 2.0 two styles: Normal Headsculpt Kenu Reeves (Code: NR21A) & Damaged (Code: NR21B)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Great head sculpt variants; and those coins might come in handy too (haven't been so excited about loose change in years!). Smile I keep thinking that both the actor and the companies producing toys/collectibles have been very lucky with his casting in such successful franchises as the The Matrix and John Wick (not to mention individual movies like The Devil's Advocate and Point Break -- which are less likely to get a depiction of their characters, although Constantine did, if I recall correctly).

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

John Wick just gets on mine, I haven't seen the movie and the way people just bang on about it doesn't make me want to. I don't rate him as an actor all that much either. He comes across well in interviews but never seems to bring that personality to any of his roles.

CHEERS!

shazzdan

shazzdan
Rogerbee wrote:
John Wick just gets on mine, I haven't seen the movie and the way people just bang on about it doesn't make me want to. I don't rate him as an actor all that much either. He comes across well in interviews but never seems to bring that personality to any of his roles.

This role is perfect for him because he barely gets to say a dozen lines in the whole movie Smile

I'm not a fan of Keanu but I like the Wick movies.

The above head sculpt doesn't look much better than the ones that are already on ebay.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6th-Scale-Keanu-Reeves-Head-Sculpt-John-Wick-For-12-Male-Action/173921876192

male - NEW PRODUCT: NRToys: 1/6 Killing God 2.0 two styles: Normal Headsculpt Kenu Reeves (Code: NR21A) & Damaged (Code: NR21B) S-l1600

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Why are the boring heads the ones everyone does right and does the most!?

CHEERS!

blackpool

blackpool
I agree on the overdose of headsculpts from some characters when others never get covered... All third party companies are surfing the john wick/matrix trend brought back by hot toys, but only one actually offered a side character (Ruby Rose as in john wick 2)

Personally I won't buy Neo if there is no Morpheus and Trinity to come along, just as I would kill for the complete team of pointbreak, the ex-presidents and the two fbi agents (including Keanu)

As an actor I would not rate him as high as a Jack Nicholson or Robert de Niro, but he is still a great actor, out of the franchises that made his main success,  I will only list Dracula, my own private Idaho, Feeling Minnesota, Little Buddha, Constantine, Neon Demon...

I understand some people won't like his "poker face" acting, James Dean or Marlon Brando played a bit the same way in their style, but saying he is not an actor is quite (if not very) dishonest... A lot of good actors only dream about his filmography.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Point Break I don't mind and Dracula, the only time he actually impressed me was as Donnie Barksdale in The Gift. I find a lot of the ones everyone raves about to be grossly overrated.

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Poker-face acting is an interesting description of it. His is certainly understated and often unemotive. You are right that this is not always in the way, and in some instances it might actually be more appropriate for the character. But while you are right that James Dean, Marlon Brando, etc., also were to some extend "one-trick poneys" when it came to their acting style, those styles and deliveries happened to be imbued with a somewhat more varied and human quality than Keanu's. (I think that might have been brilliant for when he played an actual alien!) I can't really relate to his, but this does not usually keep me from appreciating his movies.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Oh come on... Speed was awesome! I thought his acting in 47 Ronin was pretty good, despite the movies heavy fantasy flavor -- and not really historical. The Matrix is still one of his best -- despite the crappy sequels. I honestly hated Dracula -- more because it has almost nothing to do with Bram Stoker's novel (despite the title -- WAY too many liberties were taken with that film). But, he is indeed a fairly less emotive actor than some, but then... couldn't the same be said of a lot of Clint Eastwood's performances...?

He who dies with the most toys wins!

male - NEW PRODUCT: NRToys: 1/6 Killing God 2.0 two styles: Normal Headsculpt Kenu Reeves (Code: NR21A) & Damaged (Code: NR21B) C8485110

shazzdan

shazzdan
I am not a fan of either Sandra Bullock or Keanu so Speed was never going to be a favourite but the plot holes and inconsistencies were so large that you could drive a bus through them (pun intended). The entire premise was stupid. I loved the first Matrix movie and 47 Ronin but I would have even if Keanu wasn't in them. I liked Point Break because of Patrick Swayze and Gary Busey. Gary Oldman always improves any movie so Dracula turned out to be fairly decent. I suppose I'm saying that Keanu movies are good because of the supporting cast, not because of Keanu. My favourite character in the John Wick movies is Winston played by Ian McShane.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum