OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Soosootoys SST014 1/6 scale Lady Ninja Sai figure

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The Collectible Figurine special features:
-Detailed Head sculpts,each piece of head sculpt is specially hand painted
-Body with over 30points of articulations
-Semi-seamless body
-Approximately 26CM tall
-Eight(8)pieces of interchangeable palms including:
-One(1)pair of fists
-One(1)pair of relaxed palms
-One(1)pair of open palms for holding ninja sai
-One(1)pair of specially open palms for holding ninja sai
Costume:
-One(1)Black vest
-One(1)Red sweater
-One(1)Black Jean
-One(1)Black shoes
Accessories
-One(2)Ninja sai
-One(1)figure stand

**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different**

SooSooToys - NEW PRODUCT: Soosootoys SST014 1/6 scale Lady Ninja Sai figure Screen20
SooSooToys - NEW PRODUCT: Soosootoys SST014 1/6 scale Lady Ninja Sai figure Screen19
SooSooToys - NEW PRODUCT: Soosootoys SST014 1/6 scale Lady Ninja Sai figure Screen21
SooSooToys - NEW PRODUCT: Soosootoys SST014 1/6 scale Lady Ninja Sai figure Screen24
SooSooToys - NEW PRODUCT: Soosootoys SST014 1/6 scale Lady Ninja Sai figure Screen23
SooSooToys - NEW PRODUCT: Soosootoys SST014 1/6 scale Lady Ninja Sai figure Screen22
SooSooToys - NEW PRODUCT: Soosootoys SST014 1/6 scale Lady Ninja Sai figure Screen26
SooSooToys - NEW PRODUCT: Soosootoys SST014 1/6 scale Lady Ninja Sai figure Screen27
SooSooToys - NEW PRODUCT: Soosootoys SST014 1/6 scale Lady Ninja Sai figure Screen25

#newproduct #SooSooToys #LadyNinjaSai #female #CableTVbased #comicbook #Devil

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
While I'm glad to FINALLY see a female figure based on the Daredevil Netflix series, I'm dismayed that the likeness to the actress is so poor. The sculpted hair doesn't even register since the face itself seems so off. :/

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That's pretty much my thoughts. Plus, this outfit isn't the one I would have preferred anyway. Without the red bandana, it's just a chick in a vest and pants -- something anyone could easily cobble together. The other problem with the likeness, is the similarity I see between this and their Olivia Munn/Psylocke -- when neither of those women look alike.

I would have preferred either of these two outfits:

SooSooToys - NEW PRODUCT: Soosootoys SST014 1/6 scale Lady Ninja Sai figure Proxy_44
SooSooToys - NEW PRODUCT: Soosootoys SST014 1/6 scale Lady Ninja Sai figure Proxy_45
SooSooToys - NEW PRODUCT: Soosootoys SST014 1/6 scale Lady Ninja Sai figure Proxy_46

He who dies with the most toys wins!

SooSooToys - NEW PRODUCT: Soosootoys SST014 1/6 scale Lady Ninja Sai figure C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yes, the outfit they used for this figure is more like her 'casual' outfit in the show. I could have overlooked that though if the sculpt had been better. :/

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Now that you mention it, I can see how the Olivia Munn features snuck up into this one, too. Smile Since I am completely unaware of what and who this is supposed to be, I wasn't particularly bothered by it -- at least until I saw Stryker's photos. The movable ponytail helps a little bit, but the sculpted hair still ends up looking like a chunk of plastic... As I just wrote elsewhere, SooSoo has an excellent production record, but even at the design stage, they may have slipped up a bit here.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:Now that you mention it, I can see how the Olivia Munn features snuck up into this one, too. Smile Since I am completely unaware of what and who this is supposed to be, I wasn't particularly bothered by it -- at least until I saw Stryker's photos. The movable ponytail helps a little bit, but the sculpted hair still ends up looking like a chunk of plastic... As I just wrote elsewhere, SooSoo has an excellent production record, but even at the design stage, they may have slipped up a bit here.
 She is supposed to be Elektra from the Netflix Daredevil, but yeah, they didn't really capture her very well in this case, I'm afraid...

PitViper

PitViper
I'm not familiar with the show this figure's based on, but I do like it, albeit for the nude figure with head and hands only.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Stryker2011 wrote:That's pretty much my thoughts. Plus, this outfit isn't the one I would have preferred anyway. Without the red bandana, it's just a chick in a vest and pants -- something anyone could easily cobble together. The other problem with the likeness, is the similarity I see between this and their Olivia Munn/Psylocke -- when neither of those women look alike.

I would have preferred either of these two outfits:

SooSooToys - NEW PRODUCT: Soosootoys SST014 1/6 scale Lady Ninja Sai figure Proxy_44
SooSooToys - NEW PRODUCT: Soosootoys SST014 1/6 scale Lady Ninja Sai figure Proxy_45
SooSooToys - NEW PRODUCT: Soosootoys SST014 1/6 scale Lady Ninja Sai figure Proxy_46

Too bad about the poor likeness... i really like Elodie Yung.
The first two pics are Elodie as Jinx in G.I. Joe: Retaliation... she definitely got cast as Elektra because of that role.
She looks perfect in red!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for pointing out about the red outfit -- I didn't remember it from the show, but thought it was maybe from the Defenders or something, as I haven't seen that....only seen Daredevil. 

I don't personally have a problem with the outfit on this figure.... even if it's not iconic to the comic book version of her, I immediately recognized it from the show. But I do think the sculpt is just not a good representation of the actress at all.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum