OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR STAR-LORD 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
“So let me do the plan and that way it might be really good.' – Star-Lord

An expert pilot and master of the blaster, Peter Quill, known as Star-Lord, brings a sassy sense of humor while protecting the universe from any and all threats. He devises a plan for the Guardians, along with Iron Man, Doctor Strange, and Spider-Man, to battle against Thanos on Titan who will stop at nothing to collect the invincible Infinity Stones.

Today, Hot Toys is thrilled to expand the highly anticipated Avengers: Infinity War series with the all-new 1/6th scale collectible figure of Star-Lord.

Masterfully crafted based on the appearance of Chris Pratt as Star-Lord in the movie, the screen-accurate collectible figure features a newly painted head sculpt with amazing likeness and a newly painted interchangeable LED light-up masked head sculpt, finely tailored costumes, a selection of weapons and accessories including a pair of blasters with attachable bubbling effect to recreate the scene when Thanos had turned his weapon blast into bubbles with the Reality Stone, a plasma bomb, a gravity bomb, a Star-Lord helmet in activating mode wearable on the head sculpt, a lightning effect accessory, multiple mandalas of light accessories, and a movie themed dynamic figure stand.

The music-loving leader of the Guardians of the Galaxy is ready to join the Avengers for a colossal showdown with warlord Thanos!
SPECIFICATIONS
PRODUCT CODEMMS539
PRODUCT NAMESTAR-LORD
HEIGHTAPPROXIMATELY 31 CM TALL
POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS30
SPECIAL FEATURESNEWLY DESIGNED STAR-LORD HELMET IN ACTIVATING MODE, LIGHTNING EFFECT ACCESSORY
ARTISTSHEAD SCULPTED BY YULLI. 3D DESIGNED BY DAHYE KIM
HEAD PAINTED BY JC. HONG. HELMET SCULPTED BY GOX
HEAD ART DIRECTED BY JC. HONG

The 1/6th scale Star-Lord Collectible Figure’s special features:

- Newly painted head sculpt with authentic and detailed likeness of Chris Pratt as Star-Lord in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
- Movie-accurate facial expression with detailed wrinkles, skin texture and beard
- Newly painted interchangeable masked head sculpt with LED light up function (red battery operated)
- Specialized body with over 30 points of articulations
- Approximately 31 cm tall
- Seven (7) pieces of interchangeable bare hands including:
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of relaxed hands
- One (1) pair of hands for holding guns
- One (1) left gripping hand
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume:
- One (1) red colored leather-like jacket
- One (1) newly tailored light gray colored t-shirt
- One (1) pair of multi-texture burgundy colored pants
- One (1) leather-like belt with gun holsters
- One (1) pair of brownish red and black boots with boosters

Weapons:
- Two (2) blasters
- One (1) plasma bomb
- One (1) articulated gravity bomb

Accessories:
- One (1) newly designed Star-Lord helmet in activating mode (wearable on head sculpt)
- One (1) bubbling effect accessory (attachable to blaster)
- One (1) gradient blue colored lightning effect accessory (attachable to the gravity bomb)
- One (1) pair of Dr. Strange’s orange-colored mandalas of light
- One (1) Dr. Strange’s orange-colored mandalas of light graphic accessory
- A specially designed Avengers: Infinity War themed dynamic figure stand with movie logo

Artists:
- Head sculpted by Yulli
- Head painted by JC. Hong
- 3D design by Dahye Kim
- Helmet sculpted by GOX
- Head art directed by JC. Hong

Release date: Approximately Q4, 2020 – Q1, 2021

**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Battery included for collectible figure. Button cells are required
**Product details could be subjected to change without further notice

© 2019 Marvel.
© 2019 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

Star-Lord - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR STAR-LORD 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1801
Star-Lord - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR STAR-LORD 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 2306
Star-Lord - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR STAR-LORD 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 3242
Star-Lord - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR STAR-LORD 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 4221
Star-Lord - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR STAR-LORD 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 5214
Star-Lord - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR STAR-LORD 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 6206
Star-Lord - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR STAR-LORD 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 7199
Star-Lord - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR STAR-LORD 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 8189
Star-Lord - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR STAR-LORD 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 9180
Star-Lord - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR STAR-LORD 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 10167
Star-Lord - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR STAR-LORD 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 11166
Star-Lord - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR STAR-LORD 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 12150
Star-Lord - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR STAR-LORD 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 13140
Star-Lord - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR STAR-LORD 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 14126
Star-Lord - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR STAR-LORD 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 15115
Star-Lord - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR STAR-LORD 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 16108
Star-Lord - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR STAR-LORD 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 17101
Star-Lord - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR STAR-LORD 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1885
Star-Lord - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR STAR-LORD 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1976
Star-Lord - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR STAR-LORD 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 2069
Star-Lord - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR STAR-LORD 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 21115

#newproduct #HotToys #Avengers #InfinityWar #Star-Lord #male #comicbook #Marvel #MCU #movie

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Looks great, although I don't think I need another Star-Lord figure myself. The (new?) sculpt and new paint look superb, but of course this is a prototype. Speaking of which, I hope you guys realize that now Star-Lord is the Terminator's son-in-law. I know, I know... but I still think this is kinda awesome. I hope the two do a movie together. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:Looks great, although I don't think I need another Star-Lord figure myself. The (new?) sculpt and new paint look superb, but of course this is a prototype. Speaking of which, I hope you guys realize that now Star-Lord is the Terminator's son-in-law. I know, I know... but I still think this is kinda awesome. I hope the two do a movie together. Smile

That would be cool, until the inevitable divorce. Those Hollywood people just can't stick it out -- too many temptations, I guess.

As far as the figure, the head sculpt does look good, but as usual with HT, I think TOO good. They have a tendency to make everyone perfect, which throws off likeness for me -- Pratt was starting to get a little chunky again by the time of these movies, and it was starting to show in his jawline, making him a little less chiseled. They really need to get KA Kim back to do their heads, she is hands down the best in the business, and she does a much better job of showing people for who they are, warts and all. Hong and Yulli clean everyone up too much. I just recently broke down and acquired an Episode IV Obi-Wan, and while I can see Sir Alec in the sculpt, I see a much younger, less baggy-eyed Alec than how he looked in Star Wars. They really need to stop getting rid of the imperfections. They did the same thing to Last Jedi Carrie -- she looked even more plastic than the doll by the time she did that movie (thanks to years of cocaine abuse and plastic surgery), and they simplified all the rough spots -- particularly around her nose.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Star-Lord - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR STAR-LORD 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I have come to appreciate your point, and was recently noticing the unevenness of even an attractive face, case in point your "hot fireman" you posted some time ago, whose hairline is perhaps unusually low and the jawline is certainly asymmetrical... and yet we should all be so lucky if we look like him.

But when it comes to these, I wonder if the issue is not really just failing to go the extra step in putting in all the wrinkles, asymmetry, etc, or just assuming they got it close enough -- rather than cleaning up or perfecting the appearance on purpose. Reminds me of the Are You Being Served episode in which Mrs Slocombe's likeness was given to a dummy (to appeal to the "average woman") and they noted that they hadn't put in all the wrinkles and got the reply that this would have made the cost too high. Yep... I'm an Anglophile. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Maybe. I can see that it is possibly a matter of too much detail at this scale would make the sculpts even more unrecognizable -- or too complicated. Perfectly symmetrical people are not all that common. If you take a look at photos of the "Super Models" of the 80s (Christy Turlington, Kathy Ireland, Christie Brinkley, Cindy Crawford, etc.), you'll see that they had almost completely symmetrical faces -- it's why they were not just models, but Super Models (it didn't hurt that they had perfect figures as well). Sometimes you'll run into people who's features are almost perfect, and you'll find your eye immediately drawn to them like a magnet -- it's an unconscious thing that we all do. You can't help but notice how beautiful (or handsome) someone is when their features are almost the same one side of the face to the other -- since most of us look "normal" or uneven (not crazy uneven like Shannon Doherty -- the walking Picasso painting -- but still uneven).

Star-Lord - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR STAR-LORD 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Maybe. I can see that it is possibly a matter of too much detail at this scale would make the sculpts even more unrecognizable -- or too complicated. Perfectly symmetrical people are not all that common. If you take a look at photos of the "Super Models" of the 80s (Christy Turlington, Kathy Ireland, Christie Brinkley, Cindy Crawford, etc.), you'll see that they had almost completely symmetrical faces -- it's why they were not just models, but Super Models (it didn't hurt that they had perfect figures as well). Sometimes you'll run into people who's features are almost perfect, and you'll find your eye immediately drawn to them like a magnet -- it's an unconscious thing that we all do. You can't help but notice how beautiful (or handsome) someone is when their features are almost the same one side of the face to the other -- since most of us look "normal" or uneven (not crazy uneven like Shannon Doherty -- the walking Picasso painting -- but still uneven).

True. And I'm relieved I wasn't imagining things having the same impression of Shannon. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:

True. And I'm relieved I wasn't imagining things having the same impression of Shannon. Smile

Very Happy No. You weren't imagining it. One of her eyes is an entire eye (top to bottom height) higher than the other (Ace Frehley -- original lead guitarist of KISS -- has the same issue). I'm sure there's a medical term for it (there always is), but I can't think of it. I just remember seeing her in anything it was hard to concentrate on anything she said as I was too distracted by her eye. I used to have the same problem watching Peter Falk or Sammie Davis Jr. with their glass eyes, but that was easier to overlook with time. Shannon... well, let's just say I feel bad for that girl.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum