OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 "300 Warriors: The Rise of the Empire" - Female General Artemisia 2.0 (SA0045S)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Star Ace Toys is proud to announce the new version of the movie "300 – Rise of an Empire) 1/6 Artemisia.

The 1/6th Scale Collectible figure features:

-1:6th scale body, approximately 29 cm tall with over 30 points of articulation
– Fully realized authentic likeness of Eva Green as General Artemisia in the movie “300 : Rise of an Empire” with accurate facial expression and detailed skin texture
-Each head sculpt is specifically hand-painted with rooted hair

StarAceToys - NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 "300 Warriors: The Rise of the Empire" - Female General Artemisia 2.0 (SA0045S) 13112410
StarAceToys - NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 "300 Warriors: The Rise of the Empire" - Female General Artemisia 2.0 (SA0045S) 13120310
StarAceToys - NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 "300 Warriors: The Rise of the Empire" - Female General Artemisia 2.0 (SA0045S) 13125810
StarAceToys - NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 "300 Warriors: The Rise of the Empire" - Female General Artemisia 2.0 (SA0045S) 13132210
StarAceToys - NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 "300 Warriors: The Rise of the Empire" - Female General Artemisia 2.0 (SA0045S) 13134010
StarAceToys - NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 "300 Warriors: The Rise of the Empire" - Female General Artemisia 2.0 (SA0045S) 13140110

#newproduct #StarAceToys #300 #RiseoftheEmpire #Atremisia2.0 #female #movie #historical/fantasy

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Hmmm, is this the same thing or a redo of the one reviewed by Michael Crawford HERE? If it is a redo, it does look slightly better than the one that was reviewed. But this being Star Ace, one might still want to wait for in-hand photos.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Looks like just a face repaint... softer features and less mascara.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Still doesn’t look anything like Eva Green.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

StarAceToys - NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 "300 Warriors: The Rise of the Empire" - Female General Artemisia 2.0 (SA0045S) C8485110

blackpool

blackpool
Stryker2011 wrote:Still doesn’t look anything like Eva Green.

Exactly my thought it's nowhere close to Eva Green's face

Quite a fail for a reissue, even more since only the headsculpt needed a rework, the rest of the set was already nice. Let's hope they keep working on it a bit more before release!

shazzdan

shazzdan
That movie needs to die an obscure death. Each of these new figures delays that demise.

Doesn't look like Eva Green either.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Sadly, looks nothing like Eva Green.... and I feel like the actual in-hand sculpt will look even worse. :/

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

agentghost

agentghost
how Star Ace head sculpt in general? I want to pick up Audrey Hepburn 2.0 and Katniss Everdeen 2.0 but your comments give me pause....

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Their Audrey Hepburn is actually pretty good. Katniss -- not so much. Most of Star Ace's products have been a massive failure for the last few years -- and they cost far too much for what you end up getting. It's actually a rarity when one of their products turns out good. Interestingly their Steve McQueen (which came out about 5 years ago) was excellent -- though I suspect that was a KA Kim sculpt. She did their 1st year Hermione, which was also very good -- but since left the company, and now whoever's doing their sculpts is clearly in over their head. Just my .02 cents.

StarAceToys - NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 "300 Warriors: The Rise of the Empire" - Female General Artemisia 2.0 (SA0045S) C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
agentghost wrote:how Star Ace head sculpt in general?  I want to pick up Audrey Hepburn 2.0 and Katniss Everdeen 2.0 but your comments give me pause....

They are hit or miss in general, so there is no easy answer. The Audrey Hepburn sculpt is one of the good ones -- I assume the facial features are the same between the two -- here's the one I have:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1381p100-new-product-tbleague-1-6-steel-bone-plastic-buxom-girl-body-s28a-pale-color-s29b-suntan-color#22829 (post 114)

agentghost

agentghost
GubernatorFan wrote:
agentghost wrote:how Star Ace head sculpt in general?  I want to pick up Audrey Hepburn 2.0 and Katniss Everdeen 2.0 but your comments give me pause....

They are hit or miss in general, so there is no easy answer. The Audrey Hepburn sculpt is one of the good ones -- I assume the facial features are the same between the two -- here's the one I have:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1381p100-new-product-tbleague-1-6-steel-bone-plastic-buxom-girl-body-s28a-pale-color-s29b-suntan-color#22829 (post 114)

yea but that's not Star Ace Audrey Hepburn. That's headsculpt is a third party unlicensed Chinese version called "Goddess in My Heart"

The 2.0 version is this one
https://www.timewalkertoys.com/Audrey-Hepburn-2-0-Special-Edition-with-Table-p/sa-0050s.htm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Now that you mentioned it, you're right, it is "Goddess in My Heart." I had forgotten it wasn't by Star Ace. Still, I'm sure Stryker knows what he's talking about. Here is Michael Crawford's review of the first Star Ace (this time for real) Audrey:
http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-061118a.htm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I have both the Goddess in My Heart — which I think does look like a young Audrey Hepburn (though many others don’t), and the Star Ace Breakfast at Tiffany’s Audrey — which is a very good likeness of her by the time she made that movie. If the 2.0 looks the same, it should be a decent likeness. My one overall complaint of the figure is the not so great tailoring on the dress — it’s not as form-fitting as it should be.

agentghost

agentghost
Stryker2011 wrote:I have both the Goddess in My Heart — which I think does look like a young Audrey Hepburn (though many others don’t), and the Star Ace Breakfast at Tiffany’s Audrey — which is a very good likeness of her by the time she made that movie. If the 2.0 looks the same, it should be a decent likeness. My one overall complaint of the figure is the not so great tailoring on the dress — it’s not as form-fitting as it should be.

do you mind post a side by side HS?

ppl complained about Star Ace crappiness when it comes to HS Neutral

agentghost

agentghost
GubernatorFan wrote:Now that you mentioned it, you're right, it is "Goddess in My Heart." I had forgotten it wasn't by Star Ace. Still, I'm sure Stryker knows what he's talking about. Here is Michael Crawford's review of the first Star Ace (this time for real) Audrey:
http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-061118a.htm

thank you for the post. That's one horrible HS. OMG, they charge HOT TOYS premium price for this junk? That's even worse than the Goddess in My Heart HS, considering the latter was chinese third party KO.

No wonder they are doing 2.0 version

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
If you don’t like the Star Ace v.1 Audrey, you won’t like the v.2 — aside from accessories it’s the exact same head sculpt. In hand I don’t think the v,1 is that bad — it’s not HT quality, but yes for what Star Ace charges they should be (but then Sideshow often charges more than HT and with very few exceptions, they aren’t even close, either). I’ll post pics when I get a chance.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Here's a couple cell phone pics: Star Ace Breakfast at Tiffany's Audrey, and the Goddess in My Heart (Audrey from Roman Holiday):

StarAceToys - NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 "300 Warriors: The Rise of the Empire" - Female General Artemisia 2.0 (SA0045S) Img_7927[/urlStarAceToys - NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 "300 Warriors: The Rise of the Empire" - Female General Artemisia 2.0 (SA0045S) Img_7928

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Part of me is thinking Star Ace should give up, they show no signs of getting any better and their prices are way over what you ought to pay considering the quality. I saw some of the Harry Potter figures in hand the other day. Lucius Malfoy was passable, just, but the others were laughable. Hermione was supposed to be a schoolgirl, but actually looked older than Emma Watson does now and she would only actually look the way the figure does if she really let herself go.

How they can keep going like this is beyond me, surely they must know by now how unpopular they are. Even Big Chief have improved more than them.

CHEERS!

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

BTW if you want Audrey Hepburn, Blitzway make a nice statue of her from Roman Holiday, it even comes with her scooter.

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Rogerbee wrote:
Part of me is thinking Star Ace should give up, they show no signs of getting any better and their prices are way over what you ought to pay considering the quality. I saw some of the Harry Potter figures in hand the other day. Lucius Malfoy was passable, just, but the others were laughable. Hermione was supposed to be a schoolgirl, but actually looked older than Emma Watson does now and she would only actually look the way the figure does if she really let herself go.

How they can keep going like this is beyond me, surely they must know by now how unpopular they are. Even Big Chief have improved more than them.

CHEERS!

Check out the thread over at the Freaks, and you’ll see how many people are willing to get their stuff anyway ... even though they know they will have to either get a new head sculpt, or mod the hell out of it. Frankly, if I have to do that much work to make it even remotely passable, I’d rather start from scratch.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:
Rogerbee wrote:

CHEERS!

Check out the thread over at the Freaks, and you’ll see how many people are willing to get their stuff anyway ... even though they know they will have to either get a new head sculpt, or mod the hell out of it. Frankly, if I have to do that much work to make it even remotely passable, I’d rather start from scratch.
 Yeah, I agree... I'd much rather even just commission someone to make me a high quality custom outfit rather than pay for a subpar Star Ace figure!  But I think this might just have to do with differing mentalities regarding 'collecting'  and customizing/kitbashing. Because for some people, they want to have both the 'brand' name while also, in their  minds, having the 'best' version of the character in that scale. Some people therefore seem to go for the licensed figure with the intent to customize it, even if it makes no sense from my personal perspective, because from their perspective, that's the way of ensuring they have 'the best'.  Of course, I personally do not feel that way, because what is more important to me is having a custom figure that is how *I* want it, and whether that happens to be via  licensed brand name figure or one that I put together entirely from scratch does not matter.... as long as it captures the version of the character I'm going for in a way that is aesthetically pleasing to me, then I'm happy. But for some people, these endeavours are less about pleasing themselves, and more about trying to outdo each other. :/

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

I get where you're coming from there. It's part of why I fell out of love with custom figures, no matter what you do they'll never be as good as someone else's and you always feel let down when yours doesn't ever seem to match theirs. You always get "Why don't you use...". I don't, simply because, if I did, I'd have 'their' figure when I want my figure. If you get what everyone else has they all start to look the same, which rather defeats the object of it being a custom figure. Custom should mean something unique that nobody else has done.

CHEERS!

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:

That's SSF for you, that place becomes toxic after a while, they draw you in and you find yourself following a herd and spending way more than you wanted to just to fit in.

CHEERS!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Rogerbee wrote:
I get where you're coming from there. It's part of why I fell out of love with custom figures, no matter what you do they'll never be as good as someone else's and you always feel let down when yours doesn't ever seem to match theirs. You always get "Why don't you use...". I don't, simply because, if I did, I'd have 'their' figure when I want my figure. If you get what everyone else has they all start to look the same, which rather defeats the object of it being a custom figure. Custom should mean something unique that nobody else has done.

This is one of the reasons I have been avoiding looking too much at what others have previously done, at least with regard to the specific versions of characters I want to create. It creates a sense of pressure that can be overwhelming and make me feel like I'll never be good enough. When all I started out doing was wanting a character dressed as they are from this or that scene. Of course, I've done some basic google searches at times, but actually hanging out on certain, ahem, overly competitive forums....no thanks. I totally agree with your assessment that certain mentalities are toxic and suck the fun out of this hobby. I'm determined not to let that happen for myself. Smile

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

I hear you, I've just taken delivery of a Joker vinyl kit that was made by Billiken in the late 80's and the beauty of it is that you can create 2 different looks with heads and accessories and there are ways to make the parts for both interchangeable which I think is a clever touch. For example, he has a flower you can put on his lapel and they've made it so you can simply peg it into the button hole, so clever.

I may put magnets in the heads so I can swap them out easily, fun times ahead!

CHEERS!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum