OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Star Toy STT001 1/6 Scale HK police figure

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Features:

Head sculpt x2

Figure body x1

Shirt x1

Pants x1

Belt x1

Socks x1 pair

Shoes x1 pair

Hand cuffs x1

Pistol x1

Hands x 8

Figure stand x1

StarToy - NEW PRODUCT: Star Toy STT001 1/6 Scale HK police figure 1809
StarToy - NEW PRODUCT: Star Toy STT001 1/6 Scale HK police figure 2349
StarToy - NEW PRODUCT: Star Toy STT001 1/6 Scale HK police figure 3250
StarToy - NEW PRODUCT: Star Toy STT001 1/6 Scale HK police figure 4229
StarToy - NEW PRODUCT: Star Toy STT001 1/6 Scale HK police figure 5222
StarToy - NEW PRODUCT: Star Toy STT001 1/6 Scale HK police figure 6214
StarToy - NEW PRODUCT: Star Toy STT001 1/6 Scale HK police figure 7206
StarToy - NEW PRODUCT: Star Toy STT001 1/6 Scale HK police figure 8196
StarToy - NEW PRODUCT: Star Toy STT001 1/6 Scale HK police figure 9185

#newproduct #StarToy #HongKongPolice #male #Jackie #movieseries-based

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Quite basic but if they maintain this production quality for the finished product, it would be a super nice set. I've passed on previous iterations from other (?) companies.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yep. I’m all over this. Love Jackie — and his Police Story movies are some of his best. Hopefully, as you say, it looks this good in production.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

StarToy - NEW PRODUCT: Star Toy STT001 1/6 Scale HK police figure C8485110

brazybear

brazybear
I love this too but why does he have a gun? Wouldn't he be more effective with chairs and ladders?

StarToy - NEW PRODUCT: Star Toy STT001 1/6 Scale HK police figure 9aspjeq8s8y11

She's brushing her hair aside, NOT punching herself in the face Laughing

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm sure there's a Chinese version of the saying "I'd rather have one and not need it, than need it and not have one." But I suppose ladders and chairs could have made suitable accessories. At least a folding chair. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Well, he occasionally had a gun... Smile, but a ladder and chair would be better accessories.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

One of the best looking figures I've seen for a long time. Price and availability would be deciding factors though. Would love them to make a Chow Yun Fat similar to the old DML Detective Chow figure.

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Rogerbee wrote:One of the best looking figures I've seen for a long time. Price and availability would be deciding factors though. Would love them to make a Chow Yun Fat similar to the old DML Detective Chow figure.

If you keep browsing you'll come across a recent new product announcement that has exactly Chow Yun Fat -- but in a dressed up look.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Rogerbee wrote:
One of the best looking figures I've seen for a long time. Price and availability would be deciding factors though. Would love them to make a Chow Yun Fat similar to the old DML Detective Chow figure.

CHEERS!

OSK has him for $160 USD (includes shipping).

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:
If you keep browsing you'll come across a recent new product announcement that has exactly Chow Yun Fat -- but in a dressed up look.

I have seen that, but he was a lot older then, the Detective Chow was, I think, based on a John Woo movie he did earlier in his career and it's a look I've always liked.

CHEERS!

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:

OSK has him for $160 USD (includes shipping).

That's not bad and I've dealt with Kit before and always had good service. One to consider.....

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Mine arrived today from OSK. Love him. My crap pics don't do it justice; as it looks exactly like the prototype images. I received the stem for the base, but no base -- though there is a space where one was supposed to be in the clamshell. The ankles are a bit loose (easily fixable), so it's difficult to get him to stand on his own. Even if I can get the ankles tightened up, I'll still use a stand so he doesn't tip over. Weird that they gave him 5 right hands, but only 3 left. The handcuffs actually open and close and the cylinder on the revolver rotates, though the gun itself is pretty meh.

StarToy - NEW PRODUCT: Star Toy STT001 1/6 Scale HK police figure Thumbn15
StarToy - NEW PRODUCT: Star Toy STT001 1/6 Scale HK police figure _dsc3248
StarToy - NEW PRODUCT: Star Toy STT001 1/6 Scale HK police figure Thumbn14
StarToy - NEW PRODUCT: Star Toy STT001 1/6 Scale HK police figure Thumbn16

The body is a little weird. The arms are a ratchet type at the elbows and shoulders -- not the choice I would have made; the arms if pulling up from the side can only go up to a 90 degree angle (and very stiffly, I was actually afraid of breaking his right arm at the shoulder). The torso can do a slight ab crunch, and the neck is one piece and also very stiff -- so little movement can actually be achieved. The clothing is nicely done, and the corduroy pants are the real thing. Despite some of it's limitations and shortcomings, the two head sculpts are really well done for a figure at this price point.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Glad you got him and like him. I was just admiring the set on eBay, actually.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

He does look good, I'd contact Kit about the base, he may be able to sort something out, if not, maybe somebody on eBay will part him out.

shazzdan

shazzdan
brazybear wrote:I love this too but why does he have a gun?  Wouldn't he be more effective with chairs and ladders?

It is from his movie "Police Story". Here is a screen shot with the gun and the costume that the above figure has.

StarToy - NEW PRODUCT: Star Toy STT001 1/6 Scale HK police figure Police-story-1985-movie-review-jackie-chan-takes-boss-hostage

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Aw, I'm glad he turned out well! I like his corduroys. Very Happy 

How is the detail on the hair sculpt? It looked pretty decent in the original promo pics. 

Unfortunate about the weird body and loose joints, though I'm sure the missing stand can be remedied. I am guessing that swapping out the body is not really an option?

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The detail on the hair and the head is pretty much what you see in the promo pics. The skin is a bit darker than the proto pics show. I don’t know what body could be swapped out for this one to tell you the truth. As far as the stand, it isn’t a big deal, as it’s just a basic over shaped base like any of the generic ones easily available.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Maybe one of the smaller, slighter, more articulated World Box bodies?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum