OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FIFA Table Football / Soccer Game suitable for 1/6 scale

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Shazzdan drew our attention to a very affordable little football/soccer table game on eBay in the Useful Items thread. I follow up on it with an actual mini review, as mine arrived a couple of days ago.

First off, the item is indeed about the right size for 1/6-scale figures (I used a couple of quick TBLeague M33-based kitbashes), so you can put it to good use in casual or everyday dioramas. No, you don't have to get it -- I was just being silly...

m33 - FIFA Table Football / Soccer Game suitable for 1/6 scale Fif0110

The product is about 17 cm (6.75 inches) long, 9.75 cm (3.75 inches) wide, and 2.75 cm (1 inch) tall (including its little legs). To have characters play it in the traditional manner, you would want to elevate it to an appropriate height. The easiest solution is to place it on another 1/6 table (or other type of suitable furniture/container), like the wooden military table I used, which was about 12 cm (4.75 inches) tall.

m33 - FIFA Table Football / Soccer Game suitable for 1/6 scale Fif0210

Everything seems scaled about right, including the handles, which fit relatively easily into most "holding grip" hands. The little metal ball is drawn to either the center or to the goal posts, and by some magical design (I looked for but couldn't find evidence of magnets) once the ball gets into the goal, it gets gently stuck there. To unstuck it, press down gently onto the field surface, and the ball becomes loose again.

m33 - FIFA Table Football / Soccer Game suitable for 1/6 scale Fif0310

The product is light but reasonably sturdy, and except for the little ball, you're not likely to misplace or loose anything. All in all, it is a simple, unpretentious, and very affordable piece, which works very well in 1/6 scale.

If you want one, it is probably easiest to find one on eBay. I got mine from eBay seller happyvalley009 for $3.02 (USD) without any issues.

What do you think?

#game #arcade #sport #toy #m33 #football #soccer

shazzdan

shazzdan
Good review. I haven't set mine up yet.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
shazzdan wrote:Good review. I haven't set mine up yet.

Thank you, glad you liked it. And thanks again for pointing it out in the first place.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cool review. It does look good. Maybe a white paint job to get rid of the plastic red and yellow would help it look more “realistic”, but not bad for something that inexpensive.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

m33 - FIFA Table Football / Soccer Game suitable for 1/6 scale C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Cool review. It does look good. Maybe a white paint job to get rid of the plastic red and yellow would help it look more “realistic”, but not bad for something that inexpensive.

Thank you very much. Yes, the red frame does seem fairly uncommon, I spotted only one in photos of the real thing, and that still had wood patterns, the yellow is less exceptional, at least on the figures. It's been many years since I've seen these up close. Also, it did occur to me that someone skilled and ambitious could probably find a way of embedding the little stumpy legs into some kitbashed construction that would look suitable for the real thing. But as you said, no bad for something that inexpensive. Actually, pretty great for the price.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum