OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Selfmade Lightsabre

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Selfmade Lightsabre  Empty Selfmade Lightsabre Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:11 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Hey All, i ´m sure with some OSF  brainstoming we can bash a really bright Lightsabre. Shazz already show some nice electric parts that are good that for. Sorry, this is not a complete tutorial so far... but let´s do it Very Happy  Maybe at the end we can show here some new Jedis / Sith with the sabres, like a contest Smile

2Selfmade Lightsabre  Empty Re: Selfmade Lightsabre Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:25 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
There is a guy who has made them (he used to be on the Freaks board), but I think he's on Facebook only now. I saw a couple on eBay about six months ago, but I held off on getting one (they were $65.00 a piece), and they were pretty basic -- a hollow cylinder for the saber, and one of those long, skinny micro batteries for the handle -- they weren't anything too fancy, and they didn't look at all like the cases we see for the light-sabers in all the films. The first guy I mentioned makes them with the look of the actual light-saber handles, but they are wired, and require running the wires up the sleeves of the figure, and out to a separate power supply (either a battery, or wall socket). There's a cheaper and easier way to do them, however, if you already have one of the many 1/6 versions from HT, Sideshow, Hasbro, etc. (or any size for that matter), there's a couple different apps (the names escape me at the moment) -- much like the FaceApp, but you can get it for computers, as well. You basically select the shape of the unlit lightsaber in your photos, and then select the color you want, and boom -- a lit lightsaber. One of the apps I saw (again, I can't recall the name right now) was $25.00 to get rid of the watermark logo.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Selfmade Lightsabre  C8485110

3Selfmade Lightsabre  Empty Re: Selfmade Lightsabre Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:58 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I know this is slightly off the specific purpose of the thread, but I came across some phosphorus-lit plastic light sabers on eBay. They were not expensive and decently detailed (though not as detailed as what we see with Hot Toys or Sideshow). Just looked for a link but don't seem to be able to find one -- or the one I bought to show. The "blades" were a little too long and uniform, perhaps. In terms of overall appearance, if one's only aim is to get them to look right in photos (as opposed to in hand), Stryker's app suggestion seems very promising. But of course, something more "real" would be most impressive...

4Selfmade Lightsabre  Empty Re: Selfmade Lightsabre Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:09 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The one app I was thinking of is from a company called Rebaslight. They have video tutorials to help.

https://www.rebaslight.com/

5Selfmade Lightsabre  Empty Re: Selfmade Lightsabre Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:35 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for starting a thread about this topic, Ephiane! Smile 

While of course it would be cool to have all my lightsabers 'light up' for real, I'm sort of ok with some of them not lighting up. But one thing I have been looking for is 'regular'/non-light-up blades in different colours. I ask because I already have some hilts I'd like to customize, but since the blades they came with are the rather thick type that go with the Hasbro doll figures, I was thinking it would look much nicer and more uniform to have blades that are more like either the Hot Toys or Sideshow size. I realize that sometimes one can just find lightsabers loose on ebay and use the blades from those, but parted out SS and HT items are often quite pricey. Rather, I am wondering if anyone out there just makes or sells 1/6 lightsaber blades on their own?

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

6Selfmade Lightsabre  Empty Re: Selfmade Lightsabre Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:55 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’ve seen the blades sold separately before, but one of the things I found with the light up part of the HT arms, is if you try to use a different colored blade, the color doesn’t translate. Example: Anakin comes with a blue bladed saber, when you attach a red blade to his light up arm, the blade color comes out purple — so there isn’t just a blue-colored blade, there must also be a blue colored light inside the hilt.

7Selfmade Lightsabre  Empty Re: Selfmade Lightsabre Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:57 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Ha, ha.... thanks Gube and Stryker. I know there are  so much Clips about that theme. My favorite is the garage fight. And at last You all are right here. It´s much work to bash a real good Light Sabre. And the little wires can loose the contact to the batteries that can be more frustration than fun at the end. Photoshop is a better option for sure.

Thanks. Yes Sky, at first i need a Blade....

8Selfmade Lightsabre  Empty Re: Selfmade Lightsabre Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:50 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
That was rather well-made, Ephiane!

9Selfmade Lightsabre  Empty Re: Selfmade Lightsabre Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:37 pm

Delanie

Delanie
For blades you could always use the trick I used on Raven's staff for the blue rune efect

a super bright led of the required colour I used blue, and a piece of acrylic rod I'm sure with a little shaping and polishing you could get the required effect the rod acts as a light guide and if its tinted the same colour so much the better. fix the Led to the bottom of the rod I used shrink tube to stop the light escaping and voila a sort of light saber

my problem has always been containing the power cells I know those 'float' lights have been suggested but I have not tried them yet.

10Selfmade Lightsabre  Empty Re: Selfmade Lightsabre Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:39 pm

Joe Friday

Joe Friday
I just had several made from Chris De Guzman @ ChrisCustomSabers. He did a good job. He set me up with some dimmers too. Like others have said, they have little wires attached to them. I like them though and they can get way brighter than the oem sabers.

11Selfmade Lightsabre  Empty Re: Selfmade Lightsabre Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:40 pm

Joe Friday

Joe Friday
Delanie wrote:For blades you could always use the trick I used on Raven's staff.

a super bright led of the required colour I used blue, and a piece of acrylic rod I'm sure with a little shaping and polishing you could get the required effect the rod acts as a light guide and if its tinted the same colour so much the better. fix the Led to the bottom of the rod I used shrink tube to stop the light escaping and voila a sort of light saber

my problem has always been containing the power cells I know those 'float' lights have been suggested but I have not tried them yet.

Do you have pictures or a tutorial of this process?

12Selfmade Lightsabre  Empty Re: Selfmade Lightsabre Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:42 pm

Delanie

Delanie
I can have a go at doing one but it will have to wait until I get home from work tomorrow

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum