OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

SideShow Star Wars Speeder Bike and Biker Scout

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:I might futz him a bit more when I can, just to see if I can't get him sitting lower and leaning down more (wind resistance). I watched the Sideshow "How to Be A Poser" on this guy, and the guy who does these even said it's not really possible to get him all the way down on the back and have his feet on the plates at the same time.

As it is, I already have to glue a piece on the bike back on -- trying to get that nose extension piece on was a royal pain, and I hadn't notice that I broke a small rod away from the rear of the bike when trying to push the two pieces together. The bike is SUPER FRAGILE in places, so be careful when you get around to yours, Guv.

One would think that they would have had the decency to make sure their two overpriced products that go with each other fit properly... but that would be too logical, I suppose. It's been a while, I suppose I forgot to what extent he can sit back or not. The videos can be very helpful, and I remember Paul's comments were helpful too. Mine is all assembled, I just haven't unboxed it from when I moved. It is not really easy (or perhaps even possible) to disassemble it, so it was quite tricky packing it. I am almost afraid to look. I hope you are able to repair the broken small rod.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

scalawag

skywalkersaga wrote:Ahh, love it! Thanks so much for this review of an iconic SW vehicle! I have to live vicariously through others until such a time as I can afford these kinds of things, lol, so it's greatly appreciated. Very Happy

One of my personal dream 1/6 vehicles would be the swoop bike that Anakin rides in AotC on his way to search for his mother at the Tusken camp. The thought of being able to make a diorama of that scene is almost too much for my fangirl heart, haha. Even if they never make that one, I'd considered perhaps eventually modifying one of those Hasbro bikes as a stand-in for it.

I am glad you got something from the review. It's a great piece and still makes me smile every time i look at it.
the swoop bike would be cool for sure.

Paul

scalawag

scalawag
Stryker2011 wrote:Not trying to hijack the thread from scalawag, but I did manage to finally get the riding boots on (thanks S. & G.). Took a lot more heat than I ever would have thought necessary -- but it worked. The outfit limits his mobility, and trying to work with him on the Bike, which feels super fragile, is a pain. But here he is (can't seem to get his knees to bend enough to get his butt on the seat):

scfi - SideShow Star Wars Speeder Bike and Biker Scout - Page 3 _dsc2923

No hijacking going on mate, you're bang on topic as far as I can see and the figure is looking great Very Happy

Glad you got the boots on in the end.  it took a while for me to get my bikers pose right.  It is disconcerting pushing him into place with the delicate nature of the bike, but its actually pretty robust.  i didn't have anything break on me.  having said that i think i did a fair bit of rough posing off the bike.
I think its just a case of fettling till you get what you want out of it.  i went back to mine several times over about a 4 day period.

Paul

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum