OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague & Sideshow: 1/6 Court of the Dead - Valkyrie Cole / Kier movable doll (PL2019-141)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
As I mentioned over at the Freaks: great photos, DD. She really did turn out amazing. Sideshow needs to thank TBL for delivering on this figure. She’s gloriously grisly.

Diana

More beautiful photos. Really allows the figure to shine!

What do you use for a backdrop?

GeeWillikers

Amazing photos!

While this isn't really my thing, it can't be denied that it's a beautiful figure. I agree with rollotomasi above, I'd also love to see the head used again in a more humanised (and by that I don't mean 'prettified', TBL) flesh-coloured style. Would make a good tough Scandi warrior woman-type with a different paint job.

Diana

GeeWillikers wrote:Amazing photos!

While this isn't really my thing, it can't be denied that it's a beautiful figure. I agree with rollotomasi above, I'd also love to see the head used again in a more humanised (and by that I don't mean 'prettified', TBL) flesh-coloured style. Would make a good tough Scandi warrior woman-type with a different paint job.

I'd buy that for sure. Though preferably with rooted hair for more flexibility. I'm thinking Lagertha... Smile

desertdragon

desertdragon
AerynDiana wrote:More beautiful photos. Really allows the figure to shine!

What do you use for a backdrop?

That's a hand painted canvas backdrop - it's ideally meant for 1/1 scale, but it works really well with 1/6 scale too Smile

brassco

brassco
very beautiful pictures of this amazing figure! Yes it is worth collecting. Could be the best offering so far from TBL. Cheers!

I won't be surprised if they decided to go with 1/12th of this figure!

desertdragon

desertdragon
brassco wrote:very beautiful pictures of this amazing figure! Yes it is worth collecting. Could be the best offering so far from TBL. Cheers!

I won't be surprised if they decided to go with 1/12th of this figure!

Thank you brassco! I totally agree that this is some of TBLs best work yet, and I'll put money on a 1/12 version of her Smile

Diana

Diana
She doesn't have shoes, which is something all the TBL 1/12 offerings have in common, so fingers crossed! Laughing

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I guess it depends on how the Sideshow license side of it goes, since they don’t tend to much in that scale...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Mine arrived today, and I have to agree with desertdragon — this is hands down one of TBL’s best. She is so cool looking in hand. I opted against putting the cape on mine, as I like her a little more minimal in that regard. Absolutely beautiful figure. Now that I have the loose body, I’m looking forward to messing with her to see what I can make.

Really hope this collaboration for the Court of the Dead continues with Sideshow; I don’t know if they’d make any of the male figures, but there are several that fall into the “sexy chick” realm that we’re used to getting from TBL (though, like this, a bit more macabre).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague & Sideshow: 1/6 Court of the Dead - Valkyrie Cole / Kier movable doll (PL2019-141) - Page 3 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Glad yours arrived, Stryker, and even more happy to know you like her!! I've watched so many reviews of this figure on YouTube and I really love how she looks. If she's still available once I can afford one, I would love to pick her up. Probably the only full figure from tbleague I've ever seriously considered purchasing. Even with Nancy in Hell, I was really only interested in the sculpt. But this one, it grabbed me from the start and the in-hand pics and unboxing vids don't disappoint.

desertdragon

desertdragon
Stryker2011 wrote:Mine arrived today, and I have to agree with desertdragon — this is hands down one of TBL’s best. She is so cool looking in hand. I opted against putting the cape on mine, as I like her a little more minimal in that regard. Absolutely beautiful figure. Now that I have the loose body, I’m looking forward to messing with her to see what I can make.

Really hope this collaboration for the Court of the Dead continues with Sideshow; I don’t know if they’d make any of the male figures, but there are several that fall into the “sexy chick” realm that we’re used to getting from TBL (though, like this, a bit more macabre).

Glad she made it to you Stryker! Even though I display mine with the cape, I concur that she works at least as well if not better with just her armor and her beautifully executed body coloring... and yeah, I'd love to see more CotD figures from TBL as well - their attention to detail and execution serves that style of figure perfectly IMO.

Diana

Diana
I second the motion of more Court of the Dead figures by TBLeague. Shard is really pretty, but that full body armor is not really TBL's style. But I want that Shard head sculpt!

Oh, and Xena. I don't understand why they haven't gone for that license yet. Calisto, Aphrodite,...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Random question for anyone who has this figure and/or just the body -- I'm searching for any info on how the upper body of this figure compares size-wise with the older tbleague s12d type model. Mainly the neck area. I ask because I'm in the middle of putting together a figure using a s12d, but running into problems with the size of the neck being incompatible with some of the parts I'm using. Just curious if the neck on this one is larger, smaller, same size, etc.?

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
AerynDiana wrote:Oh, and Xena. I don't understand why they haven't gone for that license yet. Calisto, Aphrodite,...

Yes, please! I second your second... wait, so... does it mean I... third that?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Random question for anyone who has this figure and/or just the body -- I'm searching for any info on how the upper body of this figure compares size-wise with the older tbleague s12d type model. Mainly the neck area. I ask because I'm in the middle of putting together a figure using a s12d, but running into problems with the size of the neck being incompatible with some of the parts I'm using. Just curious if the neck on this one is larger, smaller, same size, etc.?

I’ll have to check tomorrow to see if I have a S12D (I have the Kier body and HS loose). I don’t think this is a 12D though, it looks like it’s one of the more muscular bodies.

TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague & Sideshow: 1/6 Court of the Dead - Valkyrie Cole / Kier movable doll (PL2019-141) - Page 3 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Aw, well there's no rush of course. And yeah, it's definitely got a different shape than the s12d -- seems like it has more slopey shoulders, for one.

Diana

Diana
FreakinLobster wrote:
AerynDiana wrote:Oh, and Xena. I don't understand why they haven't gone for that license yet. Calisto, Aphrodite,...

Yes, please! I second your second... wait, so... does it mean I... third that?
Since this wasn't part of the motion I was seconding I think you got the honour! Congrats!
Laughing

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Random question for anyone who has this figure and/or just the body -- I'm searching for any info on how the upper body of this figure compares size-wise with the older tbleague s12d type model. Mainly the neck area. I ask because I'm in the middle of putting together a figure using a s12d, but running into problems with the size of the neck being incompatible with some of the parts I'm using. Just curious if the neck on this one is larger, smaller, same size, etc.?

Here you go, sky:

The upper body on Kier is slightly bigger than the S12D, and there's a bit more muscle -- also in the thighs; oddly, the Kier body has a detailed va-ja-ja - the 12 does not (I only blacked it out for modesty's sake); the neck peg on the 12D sticks up a bit higher than on Kier, leaving a gap on the HS.

TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague & Sideshow: 1/6 Court of the Dead - Valkyrie Cole / Kier movable doll (PL2019-141) - Page 3 Img_8217
TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague & Sideshow: 1/6 Court of the Dead - Valkyrie Cole / Kier movable doll (PL2019-141) - Page 3 Img_8215
TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague & Sideshow: 1/6 Court of the Dead - Valkyrie Cole / Kier movable doll (PL2019-141) - Page 3 Img_8216

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Interesting! Thank you so much for this invaluable info. That Kier body is definitely unique looking, and I hadn't realized how 'voluptuous' it is in that regard. Really appreciate these pics. Smile

Diana

Diana
Oh wow! Thank you for the comparision shots. She's so tall! Very interesting indeed.
Which body does Kier have then?? Is it an S20/21? Her bust is too big for an S32/33... or another body type we haven't seen yet? (I think we are still missing S30A/S31B... This has been bugging me.)

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
To my eyes it looks like one we have not yet seen. It's much more voluptuous than the s20/21, with bigger hips, thicker waist, etc. Also the shoulders are smaller, comparatively, to any of the muscle bodies. Just going by the recent promo pics, I'd say that this one and the upcoming Court of the Dead figure have similar if not the same figure type and are original bodies that have not yet been released as base bodies.

Diana

Diana
skywalkersaga wrote:To my eyes it looks like one we have not yet seen. It's much more voluptuous than the s20/21, with bigger hips, thicker waist, etc. Also the shoulders are smaller, comparatively, to any of the muscle bodies. Just going by the recent promo pics, I'd say that this one and the upcoming Court of the Dead figure have similar if not the same figure type and are original bodies that have not yet been released as base bodies.
That's what I'm hoping. Well, I'm hoping they will be released. Cause I love new body types. Smile

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Nice comparison pics, really shows off the generous curves of the new body and WHAT A BODY!

Maybe Sideshow commissioned TBL to make that based on Sideshow artists' instructions.

If that's the case, it would've been great if Sideshow used that tall body type with their upcoming Wonder Woman instead of what was shown (S23B?).

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I do think this one seems to have been made especially for Sideshow's Court of the Dead characters. Because of that, I have no idea if we will see it put out as a base body or not. It could be that Sideshow wanted to keep it exclusive to their figures, though I do hope it gets its own release at some point. Even though I normally don't love the large busts on tbleague figures, I think this one actually works because the rest of the body is comparatively voluptuous and curvy as well, so it balances out the figure, if that makes sense.

Diana

Diana
skywalkersaga wrote:I do think this one seems to have been made especially for Sideshow's Court of the Dead characters. Because of that, I have no idea if we will see it put out as a base body or not. It could be that Sideshow wanted to keep it exclusive to their figures, though I do hope it gets its own release at some point.
My guess (I love speculating) is that they intended to release the body as S30A/31B, but then maybe Sideshow insisted on it being exclusive. Or they are still working out the details.
S34A/35B seem to be the result of that kind of exclusive work of that recent product announcement that I can't remember...

skywalkersaga wrote:Even though I normally don't love the large busts on tbleague figures, I think this one actually works because the rest of the body is comparatively voluptuous and curvy as well, so it balances out the figure, if that makes sense.
Absolutely makes sense. I was initially going to respond that I'm not too keen on the big bust because it is even bigger than any previous releases it seams, but then I realized I don't mind it on this body.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I agree with your speculation -- mainly because the s32a-s33b were listed as 'medium bust version' or something like that. Maybe this one was supposed to the be the 'large bust version'?

Diana

Diana
rollotomasi wrote:[...]it would've been great if Sideshow used that tall body type with their upcoming Wonder Woman instead of what was shown (S23B?).

I went on a hunt when I read your post.
WHY HAVEN'T I SEEN THIS ALREADY???

Here is a link: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/11/15/wonder-woman-gets-real-with-new-figure-from-sideshow-collectibles/

Do you know any more about it? Why is there no buzz I'm aware of?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum