OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145#

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

GeeWillikers

She has arrived! No customs charge!

As we've already discussed, this is a pretty basic figure, but on the whole I'm very pleased. I'll get my qualms out of the way first:

It's a standard 29B body. While I love the design of this body (with the caveat that I still think the arms are too short) I've been less than thrilled with the build quality. This seems smoother in it's movements but I'll reserve final judgement for a while.

The clothing: the top and bra are fairly flimsy and will certainly wear and fray with time. I'm fine with the blood spatter, but it obviously limits the outfit's kitbash potential. I'd have personally preferred there not to be any but it's far from a deal-breaker.

And now the good stuff:

Gorgeous headsculpt, very photogenic. The boots are fantastic, and thanks to them posing her is effortless, even with the chainsaw extended out from the body. The chainsaw itself is full of fun little details (see pics).

A few super-hasty straight-from-the-box flash pics for your edification and delight:

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 3 DSCN7988
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 3 DSCN8018
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 3 DSCN8037
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 3 DSCN8039
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 3 DSCN8046
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 3 DSCN8064
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 3 DSCN8067
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 3 DSCN8071
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 3 DSCN8072
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 3 DSCN6614

Some better, more choreographed pics to follow, once I've introduced her to her hockey-masked serial-killing nemesis Smile

Seems like I'm going to have to get me some zombies, now...

skywalkersaga

She’s awesome, I love her!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks great. Love the chainsaw details and decals.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 3 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Congratulations! And please don't lose that chainsaw... it is so swell! Smile

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
UPDATE:

The build on these 28/29 bodies continues to be problematic for me, and the problems seem to centre on the arms. Two days in, she's starting to experience 'weak wrist syndrome' - specifically the right wrist, a problem I've experienced with both of the other 29's in my collection (although not the sole 28 I own, oddly). Changing over the hands with this model is much more difficult than usual in my experience of them, for some reason. The skeleton bar from wrist 'ball' to arm 'socket' seems much thinner and weaker than usual and is very easily stressed. As a result, the chainsaw no longer holds up so well and so it now requires more careful positioning. Not that traumatic, but certainly disappointing. On the plus side, I'm not yet experiencing any of the other arm-related troubles I've experienced with those other 29s in my collection.

So as far as the body is concerned, while I might grab another 28 to test out if this problem is peculiar to the 29, I'm going to hold off from buying more for a while now.

That grumble aside, still loving her!

ACTION SHOTS!

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 3 DSCN8155
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 3 DSCN8156
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 3 DSCN8160
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 3 DSCN8164
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 3 DSCN8175
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 3 DSCN8180
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 3 DSCN8188
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 3 DSCN8190
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 3 DSCN8194

As you can see, posing her is still a dream (in the fifth picture she is in that awkward pose while happily balanced on one foot and only the edge of the other) . Her nemesis looks positively clunky by comparison.

And finally:

This may be sacreligious, but the kitbasher in me cannot be tamed - I tried a different head [YMT015A] on her and goshdarnit, I quite like it:

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 3 DSCN8138
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 3 DSCN8120
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 3 DSCN8106
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 3 DSCN8112

Getting ever closer to that Cassie Hack kitbash I'm dreaming of... I may need to buy another Nancy, or at least work out a headsculpt rota. Very Happy

Diana

Diana
Great photo shoot!! Very Happy

navetsea

sculpt looks like young Jewel the singer

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
AerynDiana wrote:Great photo shoot!! Very Happy

Thanks!

navetsea wrote:sculpt looks like young Jewel the singer

It's a really, really nice sculpt.
It's odd, because looked at objectively it's not really a great departure for TBL, but it just works in a way that a lot of them don't.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice shots. For the wrist, pull back the skin a bit and if you have a needle-nose pliers, go around the wrist/arm connector and pinch it down as much as possible — that should help a bit with the loosened joint.

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 3 C8485110

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Stryker2011 wrote:Nice shots. For the wrist, pull back the skin a bit and if you have a needle-nose pliers, go around the wrist/arm connector and pinch it down as much as possible — that should help a bit with the loosened joint.

That's worked as a temporary fix for me up to now, but it tends to loosen up again with use (and honestly, I'm not doing anything unusual with them). It's weird - it only happens with the right wrist, and it's happened with all three 29s I own, but not with the 28 (where the only difference is supposedly the skintone). I'm resigned to picking a right hand as permanent for them now, and just leaving it there. I'm more and more convinced that this first batch of 29s (or at least the skeletons) are mildly defective.

The arms are, unsurprisingly, my least favourite feature of the 28/29, both aesthetically and functionally. Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Glad to see you having fun with your Nancy (and her newly-bashed variant), and making a cut through the criminal element in so decisive a fashion.

navetsea

that 29 body has shortish upper arm, seems like they want to make a body for daenerys targaryen or someone else in similar stature.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Absolutely awesome photoshoot, GeeWillikers! That's the perfect backdrop for her! I like your kitbash too, but the original Nancy is just SOOO gorgeous there's no topping that from my PoV. Very Happy

navetsea - Yes, you are right, the upper arms are indeed shorter on that body. I don't mind that, my only dislike aesthetically speaking is the rather pudgy wrists on it. I mean, I am a fairly short and curvy lady myself, and even at the times in my life when my upper arms have been the least toned, I still had really slim wrists! Just cause someone is 'curvy' doesn't mean they have no wrists, lol. ;p

And Stryker.... love your new signature pic. Wink

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
That YM headsculpt totally works! So what's her name? Very Happy

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
rollotomasi wrote:That YM headsculpt totally works! So what's her name? Very Happy

Ever since I got that sculpt, I thought it would make an ideal Cassie Hack from the Hack/Slash comic series:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hack/Slash

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 3 Fa7f902099d5a36b83ac168629b96bf3_xl

All I need for that ultimate kitbash is a modified baseball bat, the proper approximate outfit (those Nancy boots are ideal though, I must get another pair), and an oversized, sickly-green-skinned TBL M35 for her sidekick Vlad Very Happy

The whole series is ripe for a proper set of figures, IMHO. I'd pay serious money for an articulated Pooch the (reformed) demon dog.

(hopefully that touted movie version never happens as they stupidly wanted Megan Fox for it  Rolling Eyes )

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Random question ... has anyone tried the Nancy head on a different tbleague body? It looks great on the buxom/curvy body, but I’m also curious how it might look on the ‘regular’ ones (s12d, s17b, s23b, etc).

Diana

Diana
Looks good to me. Makes the S17B look very petite, but that type does exist after all:
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 3 96859b10
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 3 B4a23610

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ooh, it does look good. Thank so much for the reference pic, greatly appreciated ! Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice figure, Diana. Looks cool. Like her necklace.

Diana

Diana
skywalkersaga wrote:Ooh, it does look good. Thank so much for the reference pic,  greatly appreciated ! Smile
My pleasure!

Stryker2011 wrote:Nice figure, Diana. Looks cool. Like her necklace.
Right? This setup usually belongs to YMT016 "Ming", which is more petite, which makes the body look less so. Smile

The necklace is by kerso on Etsy: http://etsy.com/listing/669593142

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cool. Thanks for the link. I’ll have to check out what else they have.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I do really like the 16/17 bodies (not least because of the more realistically-proportioned bust) but I find them more aesthetically pleasing with smaller heads - most TBL heads always look slighty off to me. It's probably because of the narrower shoulders and it's only very slight, but enough to throw things off for me.

While I tried out the YMTOYS head on Nancy's body (see end of page 1) I took the opportunity to try out Nancy's head on a 'pink' 23b and an older 21b, and it looked fine on both. Just for kicks I also tried her out on a spare old pale S04 and it looked OK so I guess it would also look fine on an S06. Didn't think to take any pics unfortunately.

BTW: I noticed that the Nancy head is slightly paler than most TBL heads, but while it wasn't as glaring as mismatch as some 'suntan' TBL heads on a pale body, it still didn't look quite right.

Usual caveat: Of course where matching skintone is concerned if you're using these figures purely for photography, with a little effort to get the lighting/colour temperature right you can make near enough any head look OK on any body. Even if you can't, you can always handwave it as paler make-up - I once got a repainted TBL sculpt that was so white it was too pasty even for a pale body. So I decided she was a goth. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum