OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: BY-ART: 1/6 metal halberd & hair carving

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ok, I really want this headsculpt!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
How sad in a way. This is the head sculpt everyone should have gotten when they ordered either HT Aquaman. You gotta love these unknown companies for stepping up and giving the collectors what they want. I didn’t order either AM, but I do like this sculpt — could use it for something else.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

male - NEW PRODUCT: BY-ART: 1/6 metal halberd & hair carving C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yeah, it's unfortunate someone 'had' to make a knock-off in order to get a nice looking one with rooted hair, but I'm not complaining that they did! Very Happy

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
This looks quite good, even if it's not a "halberd." I love that they labeled the character "Sea People." And I agree it looks better than the HT product.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yeah, I don’t have the HT Aquaman figures and have no plans of getting them, but I cannot resist the chance to have a decent Jason Momoa headsculpt. The other knock-off version with the wonky hairline that was posted a couple days ago was ‘ok’, but was not quite doing it for me. This one actually looks like it could be pretty nice. No idea what I’d even use it for yet, probably just a ‘for fun’ kitbash. ;D

blackpool

blackpool
It might not be the same quality of paint on the final product compared to HT but yessss I couldn’t agree more, that’s where those small companies really step up the game and are much more onthe collector’s side than major companies, and even some artists that prefer to create rarity than work with a small factory to justify insane prices... with all due respect to all artists I’ve seen some of them asking for 300$ to apply hair on the HT head that you have to ship them...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
blackpool wrote:and even some artists that prefer to create rarity than work with a small factory to justify insane prices... with all due respect to all artists I’ve seen some of them asking for 300$ to apply hair on the HT head that you have to ship them...

Ugh, yes, this. That kind of thing is extortionate, and imo seems more like custom artists trying to ride on the coattails of HT's jacked-up prices, rather than to truly help fellow customizers/collectors.

Ovy

Ovy
This one doesn't need a headband to hide hairlines, I guess.

There has always been some kind of synergy between companies that fail to meet expectations and those who fix it and make profit from it.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Both of these are up on Onesixthkit

$32.00 USD for head sculpt (includes shipping)
$35.00 USD for Trident (includes shipping)

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Nice! good to know!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It is nice of them to sell the two items separately -- I, for example, have no need for the five-pronged trident.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I wonder... if it has 5 prongs wouldn't it be a Quindent...? Razz

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:I wonder... if it has 5 prongs wouldn't it be a Quindent...? Razz

Something like that, but shouldn't there be a t in that word (as in Quintus)? I wasn't sure, so I didn't try. The guy from Keyboard Warriors uses the (presumably correct) word in his video review of the HT Aquaman -- until he slips right at the end and says "trident" and then bemoans that fact, adding to the usual dose of humor.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
According to Quora, it's Quindent (presuming they have it correct).

By the way, I'm the exact opposite, Guv. I also like that they are selling them separately as I don't really have any need for the head sculpt, but the "spear" would look cool if I ever get around to making a mermaid figure.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:According to Quora, it's Quindent (presuming they have it correct).

By the way, I'm the exact opposite, Guv. I also like that they are selling them separately as I don't really have any need for the head sculpt, but the "spear" would look cool if I ever get around to making a mermaid figure.

Far be it for me to dispute anything with Quora. A quindent it is, then... Smile

The sculpt could be used for various characters, not just Aquaman. For example, Khal Drogo, or whatever the name of the lumberjack (?) character he played in that wintry movie, or just fantasy characters (they already have a somewhat Momoa-looking TBLeague Hercules). As for the quindent, I don't "need" it because I have the actual HT set, and it was part of that.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
He's also in that Frontier show, and has a beard in that, too. [The character he plays had that 1/6 figure announced, and then promptly cancelled -- the one with the antler-hilted knives.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum