OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kid Mantis and The Crimson Jackal

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Kid Mantis and The Crimson Jackal Empty Kid Mantis and The Crimson Jackal Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:27 am

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91

The Dreamstar Phenomena was a mysterious supernatural occurrence that affected a handful of places and individuals throughout the world, in different ways and at different times. Mantis was one of these people; a tech-savvy teenager who suffered a life threatening head injury, but managed to save himself with salvaged equipment he discovered at an alien crash site. Years later the superhero known as The Crimson Jackal, who Mantis was a big fan of, found himself caught in one of the disasters as well. His powers were severely dampened and part of his mask was permanently melded into his face. Mantis found and nursed him back to health and they've been comrades ever since, as Kid Mantis supplies CJ with powerful technological weapons to help fill the gap of his weakened powers, whilst he continues to face off against villainy. Sometimes they just chill, though.Kid Mantis and The Crimson Jackal Img_2045
Kid Mantis and The Crimson Jackal Img_2046

Kid Mantis and The Crimson Jackal Img_2047
Kid Mantis and The Crimson Jackal Img_2048
Kid Mantis and The Crimson Jackal Img_2049
Kid Mantis and The Crimson Jackal Img_2050
Kid Mantis and The Crimson Jackal Img_2051
Kid Mantis and The Crimson Jackal Img_2052
Kid Mantis and The Crimson Jackal Img_2053
Kid Mantis and The Crimson Jackal Img_2054
Kid Mantis and The Crimson Jackal Img_2055
Kid Mantis and The Crimson Jackal Img_2056
Kid Mantis and The Crimson Jackal Img_2057
Kid Mantis and The Crimson Jackal Img_2058
Kid Mantis and The Crimson Jackal Img_2059
Kid Mantis and The Crimson Jackal Img_2060
Kid Mantis and The Crimson Jackal Img_2061
Kid Mantis and The Crimson Jackal Img_2062
Kid Mantis and The Crimson Jackal Img_2063
Kid Mantis and The Crimson Jackal Img_2064
Kid Mantis and The Crimson Jackal Img_2065
Kid Mantis and The Crimson Jackal Img_2066
Kid Mantis and The Crimson Jackal Img_2067
Kid Mantis and The Crimson Jackal Img_2068
Kid Mantis and The Crimson Jackal Img_2069
Kid Mantis and The Crimson Jackal Img_2070
Kid Mantis and The Crimson Jackal Img_2071
Kid Mantis and The Crimson Jackal Img_2072
Kid Mantis and The Crimson Jackal Img_2073

2Kid Mantis and The Crimson Jackal Empty Re: Kid Mantis and The Crimson Jackal Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:05 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Continuously amazed by the character designs and scenarios you come up with! Your world has such a unique aesthetic and one that is very recognisably 'yours'. I love their furniture and acccessories, and  the poses are also very engaging. LOL @ the stuffed puppy, the 'next time b*tch' sign, and the torn crotch. Razz

3Kid Mantis and The Crimson Jackal Empty Re: Kid Mantis and The Crimson Jackal Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:49 am

Ovy

Ovy
Great again, the mix of horror creature design combined with casual urban style just works. Nice Forest person cameo.
And Mantis' chin looks like a tiny second face to me, it can not be unseen.

But what happens if you pull the trigger on that sword?

4Kid Mantis and The Crimson Jackal Empty Re: Kid Mantis and The Crimson Jackal Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:22 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Creepy cool stuff. Your style is very distinctive and wild. Nice work.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Kid Mantis and The Crimson Jackal C8485110

5Kid Mantis and The Crimson Jackal Empty Re: Kid Mantis and The Crimson Jackal Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:00 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Like the others wrote, very cool additions to your world. It's nice to see more interactions between them, and your scenes certainly have a feel and quality of their own which unites them. Great photography and customs -- from the characters to their rides, tools, furniture, etc. Since you literally pointed it out, what happened to Mantis' pants?

6Kid Mantis and The Crimson Jackal Empty Re: Kid Mantis and The Crimson Jackal Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:05 pm

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Glad you all enjoyed the more playful interactions I was going for with this photoshoot, it was a lot of fun but it'll be even more so once I have some actual sets or am able to buy a large format printer for backdrops.

GF, I had the pants on a plastic figure for a while, which had default attached genitals that poked the crotch a lot when posing. I used fabric glue to try and fix it early on, but every once in a while it tears back open.

Squeezing the trigger of the Drillblade causes it to go into overdrive blitz mode, spinning so quickly that it conducts electricity and does extra damage.

Kid Mantis and The Crimson Jackal Drillb10
Kid Mantis and The Crimson Jackal Drillb11
Kid Mantis and The Crimson Jackal Drillb12

7Kid Mantis and The Crimson Jackal Empty Re: Kid Mantis and The Crimson Jackal Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:06 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice extra photos and special effects. As for backdrops, I do mine (when I bother or don't use a poster) at Staples -- they can print up to 36 inches (if not more) by whatever on matte poly paper. Of course you pay, but if you were printing it on your own printer, I'd imagine you'd need new cartridges pretty soon.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum