OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Before and after pics of Dengar with replacement gun

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

scalawag

scalawag
Just a quick post with before and after pics of Dengar now that I have replaced his MG34 based weapon with a more movie accurate MG3 (MG42) kit from TomyTec.

It's a nice kit, if a little brittle in places, and potentially fiddle to put together.  Paints up nicely and looks the part.

Before
Before and after pics of Dengar with replacement gun 5HBgh9p

After
Before and after pics of Dengar with replacement gun AivpLFG

Worth doing if you like the accuracy, although here in the UK importing the kit from Japan will cost you as much as the figure did or more.

I will be bowing out from this forum at this point.  As many of you know for various reasons I have just lost my interests in 1/6 figures, figure collecting and kit bashing, and I have reached a point where I find it very difficult to say anything positive about the hobby anymore.  So with that in mind, and not wishing to keep adding negativity to this group, I will no longer be contributing or stopping by regularly to read the forum.
I have met some great people whilst here and I wish you all well in all your 1/6 and other scale adventures.

Paul

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
First of all, wow, that replacement looks stunning! He's a great looking figure already and the new weapon with its lovely paint job adds an extra touch of realism. : )

And secondly... I'm so sorry you will be leaving, I'll be gutted to see you go. Sad  I wish you the best in your collecting endeavours in any and all scales, and I sincerely hope you will still pop 'round here from time to time. For what it's worth, I'm always very interested to see your new Black Series acquisitions. Your posts have helped me see many positive and worthwhile qualities of a line that I'd previously dismissed, and I greatly appreciate that. 

But if you really are disappearing into the ether, then I just want say thank you again for what you've shared here, and even though I'm still fairly new and probably missed a great deal of what you've posted here and elsewhere, those posts and reviews of yours that I have encountered have always been beautifully presented -- not to mention gracious, helpful, and enlightening. Your presence will be missed. <3

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It's great to see your Dengar properly outfitted with the customized MG3 (MG42) in another triumph for better screen accuracy. As for "bowing out," I couldn't have said it better than skywalkersaga said it above, except to add that your absence would impoverish our little community -- you have done far more than offer just comments (positive or negative), and your knowledge and experience have been outright educational. And I know there will be plenty of upcoming threads that could benefit from it. I hope you realize that you are welcome and wanted here, and (as has always been the case) free to be as present and as involved as you choose to be.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’m at a loss, Paul. I like what you’ve done with Dengar, but I’m saddened to see you go — though I completely understand your sentiment (I’m reaching that breaking point myself).

I’ll miss you, Brother.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Before and after pics of Dengar with replacement gun C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yes, scalawag, you are definitely not alone. 

I may have defended the 1/6 hobby at times, but I really only do so from a customizing standpoint. As a 'collecting hobby', well.... I've pretty much been 'priced out' of it from the start.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Ovy

Ovy
I always liked your posts and attention to detaiI - I mean, this post here is the best example. Looks great with the new MG. My Mimban Han would like to thank you, too, ha.

May your creativity and craftsmanship always be with you in the 1:1 world. *Force Theme*

See you around, kid.

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Heckuva nice upgrade to ol' Dengar.

Sorry to see you go, Paul, but you know of course you're more than welcome to come back anytime. We'll keep the light on for ya.

AlliesVintageVibes

He’s cool looking

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum