OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

LAPD figures (pic heavy)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1police - LAPD figures (pic heavy) Empty LAPD figures (pic heavy) Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:54 am

scalawag

scalawag
So here we go again.  Some of you will have seen these before, but they have not been posted on here in any depth.

These are the 5 LAPD figures I have put together.  When I first got interested in 1/6 figures one of the first figures I saw at the shop was the DiD driver LAPD SWAT point man, and I was in awe at the detail and volume of parts included with the figure.  Of course I ended up buying one and it eventually spawned this set.  The pics here were taken at different times so the details on some of the figures may change from picture to picture.

DiD "Driver" figure.  I was really taken aback by the shear volume of equipment that comes with this figure.  I have not added any equipment to this figure that did not come with it, and in fact some of the pieces are still in the box!!  The figure itself has a semi seamless body with the top half being seamless.  It is quite flexible, and relatively easy to pose.  This is the one with the Ryan Gosling head sculpt, but that is not something I took too much notice of and you will see that in some of the pics he is now wearing the included respirator so it could be anyone under there.
I will let the pics talk for themselves.

police - LAPD figures (pic heavy) V3aiWfv
police - LAPD figures (pic heavy) 3clYToW
police - LAPD figures (pic heavy) GLtma46
police - LAPD figures (pic heavy) KEEjMuj
police - LAPD figures (pic heavy) 4kmImQW

The next figure I added was the DiD "Denver" SWAT figure.  Same body and basic uniform as the "Driver" figure, but a lot of different equipment with this one.

police - LAPD figures (pic heavy) PdkLHLr
police - LAPD figures (pic heavy) F3pQQLu
police - LAPD figures (pic heavy) MtlBpKh
police - LAPD figures (pic heavy) HiCnXaq

I then Wanted to do a K9 team as I already had the German Sheppherd dog seen here.  I got hold of a Colin Farrell figure from the movie SWAT.  The uniform was a reasonable match to the DiD figures and I found and added equipment to it to represent my take on a K9 handler in a tactical situation.  I also had the dogs harness, and added some other items again my take on an LAPD police dog.  I also adapted the patches from a "Driver" figure to make the K9 patches seen on these 2 figures I also added additional patches from Patches Of Pride and One Sixth King.  The dog had some minor re-painting and detailing done to it, and he is named Axel after a real LAPD K9.

police - LAPD figures (pic heavy) WRYyurY
police - LAPD figures (pic heavy) 0CWqmBi
police - LAPD figures (pic heavy) 1a9J27L
police - LAPD figures (pic heavy) 0tqe7fy
police - LAPD figures (pic heavy) HpNlI1l
police - LAPD figures (pic heavy) X7aDWwQ
police - LAPD figures (pic heavy) DojN97p

Next I acquired another DiD Driver figure at a more than reasonable price, and went about producing a 3rd SWAT figure.  The Head sculpt was changed, and various additional equipment sourced including the shotgun and breaching tools.  I made up a custom "Avery" name tape for this one too as having 2 Drivers didn't work for me.

police - LAPD figures (pic heavy) ZXwt47z
police - LAPD figures (pic heavy) 6qQ8jVv
police - LAPD figures (pic heavy) AWg7LBM
police - LAPD figures (pic heavy) CU2lzgj

So here are some pics of these guys together.

police - LAPD figures (pic heavy) SzEp3MQ
police - LAPD figures (pic heavy) VCWtY3D
police - LAPD figures (pic heavy) GgkRhTd

And then I saw the Toy City LAPD patrolman uniform set.

police - LAPD figures (pic heavy) MbVGRls

I thought this would be another nice addition to my LAPD collection, so I found a body and head sculpt and started to put this together.

The basic uniform is very good but maybe a little tight on more muscled torsos.  The belt is great, but some of the pouches are not so good and when I referenced LAPD belt kit it was missing some items often found. Because of this what you see in the pics is a mix of the Toy City equipment and additional pieces i sourced elsewhere. The Beretta included is pretty basic so I swapped this for a better looking piece, and it also comes with a left handed holster, which is ok, but I wanted this right handed and so I adapted the Toy City one accordingly.  I also added the radio seen here as I wanted one with the separate microphone.

police - LAPD figures (pic heavy) DymelDz
police - LAPD figures (pic heavy) P3747h6
police - LAPD figures (pic heavy) N4caSWc
police - LAPD figures (pic heavy) QESOqVO
police - LAPD figures (pic heavy) C94OexL
police - LAPD figures (pic heavy) UKIkpop

All 5 are now displayed together.

police - LAPD figures (pic heavy) TVpVWaP

I hope you like what I have done with these figures, and as always any comments and observations are welcomed.

Paul

#modern #lawenforcement #police #swat #lapd "male

2police - LAPD figures (pic heavy) Empty Re: LAPD figures (pic heavy) Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:08 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The posing on these is really well done. I actually thought the first couple of pics were a real person. Nice collection of officers.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

police - LAPD figures (pic heavy) C8485110

3police - LAPD figures (pic heavy) Empty Re: LAPD figures (pic heavy) Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:11 am

scalawag

scalawag
Stryker2011 wrote:The posing on these is really well done. I actually thought the first couple of pics were a real person. Nice collection of officers.

Thanks mate, i'm glad you like them.

I can spend way too much time getting the poses just right, but they have to look natural and realistic for me to feel ok with them. Very Happy

4police - LAPD figures (pic heavy) Empty Re: LAPD figures (pic heavy) Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:02 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very nice group, Paul! Thanks for sharing. Is "Austin's" head sculpt Adam Baldwin from the Tet Offensive set?

5police - LAPD figures (pic heavy) Empty Re: LAPD figures (pic heavy) Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:02 am

scalawag

scalawag
GubernatorFan wrote:Very nice group, Paul! Thanks for sharing. Is "Austin's" head sculpt Adam Baldwin from the Tet Offensive set?

Thanks mate, i'm pleased you like these.

That may well be the head on "Austin", I couldn't tell you for sure as I just look around until I find a face I like but I often don't take too much notice of who it is Rolling Eyes

Paul

6police - LAPD figures (pic heavy) Empty Re: LAPD figures (pic heavy) Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:40 pm

Cobratrooper11

Cobratrooper11
the swat guys are great, especially that k9 officer. the hk416 is boss, and i really like the posing. but that patrolman needs body armor, and a PR24 monadock sidehandle baton. the problem is getting one, and getting the holder for it. i have to get some more holders myself, but getting them anywhere is impossible since you have to get lucky, because they are usually gone after being parted out. but yeah, great group anyway.

7police - LAPD figures (pic heavy) Empty Re: LAPD figures (pic heavy) Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:45 pm

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
Why do I feel like breaking out in singing "BREAKING THE LAW" by Judas Priest?

If I wanted to build up a full sized LAPD SWAT in 1:6, I'd have to buy multiples of this set from VERYHOT.

police - LAPD figures (pic heavy) 2013-04-13-10-16-205

8police - LAPD figures (pic heavy) Empty Re: LAPD figures (pic heavy) Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:21 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I was thinking of "Bad boys, bad boys, what you gonna do..."

9police - LAPD figures (pic heavy) Empty Re: LAPD figures (pic heavy) Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:58 pm

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
It's pretty much the given that when it comes to 1:6 SWAT figures . . . most want to kit bash / customize the LAPD interpretation of it and obviously/rightfully so given the prolific history of the LAPD SWAT in real life and also in pop culture.

For me, I first learned of SWAT/LAPD SWAT based on the 70s action show SWAT.

I also learned about the South Korean law enforcement SWAT in my homeland, but they're really more military than para-military.

10police - LAPD figures (pic heavy) Empty Re: LAPD figures (pic heavy) Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:18 am

scalawag

scalawag
Cobratrooper11 wrote:the swat guys are great, especially that k9 officer. the hk416 is boss, and i really like the posing. but that patrolman needs body armor, and a PR24 monadock sidehandle baton. the problem is getting one, and getting the holder for it. i have to get some more holders myself, but getting them anywhere is impossible since you have to get lucky, because they are usually gone after being parted out. but yeah, great group anyway.

Thanks Cobratrooper11, Im pleased you like them all, and yeah that HK416 is one of the nicest pieces I have seen.

I think I know the baton you mentioned, and yeah I couldn't find one when I was putting this together. However DiD just released there own "Austin" figure, (its the T1000 from T2 in cop mode lol) and I think he has one of these batons so I will have to look out for a loose piece.

11police - LAPD figures (pic heavy) Empty Re: LAPD figures (pic heavy) Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:23 am

scalawag

scalawag
DeltaForceChung wrote:Why do I feel like breaking out in singing "BREAKING THE LAW" by Judas Priest?

If I wanted to build up a full sized LAPD SWAT in 1:6, I'd have to buy multiples of this set from VERYHOT.

police - LAPD figures (pic heavy) 2013-04-13-10-16-205

Thats another really nice set DFC, I might have to have a look for one of those if I do any more of these.  DiD just released another LAPD swat figure too, at least it became available in the UK recently.  Its called Takeshi Yamada, and seems to have been armed with a yellow less than lethal (is that the right term) shotgun.  There is also the DiD "Austin" patrolman figure that I mentioned in my last post too.  

I don't think this set is likely to stay at 5 for me Shocked Shocked Shocked Laughing

12police - LAPD figures (pic heavy) Empty Re: LAPD figures (pic heavy) Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:05 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
So Paul, I was just kind of curious if you have any police officers in your collection representative of the UK? And what was it that made you decide to do LA officers? Do they make figures of officers in your neck of the woods? I’m not real up on modern military or para-military figures, but I find the thought process behind the scenes (so to speak) fascinating. I tend to go overboard myself on research and immersion of whatever projects I’m working (despite most of my efforts being fairly blah and simple in the final execution compared to many of our posters here), so I’m curious as to what brought you to build such a cool collection.

I hope I explained my interest correctly, and it doesn’t come off sounding in any way like a dig, or I think you should stick to your own country for figure builds; that is not my intent. Like I said, it’s the development, the spark if you will, that ignited your desire to build such figures. I think it’s easier to imagine what makes people build fictional or movie related figures, than it is to build realistic ones.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

police - LAPD figures (pic heavy) C8485110

13police - LAPD figures (pic heavy) Empty Re: LAPD figures (pic heavy) Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:46 am

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Really nice group! I have to agree with you about all the gear, I think SWAT figures are probably one of the best deals in 1/6, based on all the stuff you get. I'm constantly drawn to them, even though I don't have a police themed need. I like the last officer as well, especially the remote michrophone, although a conversation I had with an officer yesterday is that they no longer wear them outside the uniform. Now they pass up through the shirt so the bad guys can't choke them with the cord. As if Law Enforcement didn't have enough to deal with already....
On a display figure, I still think it looks better outside, and the worry of injury is probably significantly lower.
I really enjoyed this shoot!
I think I may dig through the parts bin and bash a figure for fun today. It won't be anywhere as good as yours, but your guys are very inspiring!

14police - LAPD figures (pic heavy) Empty Re: LAPD figures (pic heavy) Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:20 am

scalawag

scalawag
Stryker2011 wrote:So Paul, I was just kind of curious if you have any police officers in your collection representative of the UK? And what was it that made you decide to do LA officers? Do they make figures of officers in your neck of the woods? I’m not real up on modern military or para-military figures, but I find the thought process behind the scenes (so to speak) fascinating. I tend to go overboard myself on research and immersion of whatever projects I’m working (despite most of my efforts being fairly blah and simple in the final execution compared to many of our posters here), so I’m curious as to what brought you to build such a cool collection.

I hope I explained my interest correctly, and it doesn’t come off sounding in any way like a dig, or I think you should stick to your own country for figure builds; that is not my intent. Like I said, it’s the development, the spark if you will, that ignited your desire to build such figures. I think it’s easier to imagine what makes people build fictional or movie related figures, than it is to build realistic ones.

Hi mate,

No problem ask away, I will always be happy to try and answer what ever you bring to me.

I don't have any British police figures, but I have thought about it.  The 2 I recall seeing are a Metropolitan Police Constable released a while back now and an Armed Metropolitan Officer both by Modeling Toys I believe.  The Met officer gave us a bit of a laugh here in the UK as the head sculpt is of a soccer player here called Wayne Rooney and its quite funny to think of him in a police uniform.  The Metropolitan Police, or Met as it is often known, is the force that covers greater London, I believe that there is a City of London Police force for central London, but we also have regional Police Forces all over the UK.  My local Force is Sussex Police for example.  We also have British Transport Police who cover the railways etc...  So it might be nice for the UK if a maker did something other than A Met figure. scratch

The scene was really just an idea I had about how a SWAT team might approach a doorway, nothing more than that.  A bit of research to look at how weapons etc.. might be carried in this situation and I had some input over at OSW as to how a team might operate.  
When posing a figure I tend to try out the pose myself, it gives me an idea of how likely it might be for someone to adopt that position, and even if it is simply possible to take that pose.  I bet I look a right plonker doing it, but I find it then helps to relate the pose to the figure.

The reason for my choosing LAPD was all down to The "Driver" figure I saw in the shop the day I bought my first 1/6 figure.  I was so impressed with the quality and quantity of the parts that came with it I went an bought one, and then the rest has flowed from there really.  Also the availability of parts from the "Driver" and Denver" figures makes it easy to source things like patches etc.....  Thats really the only reason I chose to stick with LAPD....  oh yeah and I think they look pretty cool.

I too tend to research as extensively as I can, so for example I found as many pics as I could find of LAPD officers on patrol when I did my patrolman, really looking for what sort of kit they carried, how they wear the uniforms etc...  I do this with all the "real" subjects I do, The Star Wars stuff not so much as I am less inclined to change what is in the box with them Very Happy

Hope that answers your questions.

Paul

15police - LAPD figures (pic heavy) Empty Re: LAPD figures (pic heavy) Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:42 am

scalawag

scalawag
Pontiacivan wrote:Really nice group! I have to agree with you about all the gear, I think SWAT figures are probably one of the best deals in 1/6, based on all the stuff you get. I'm constantly drawn to them, even though I don't have a police themed need. I like the last officer as well, especially the remote michrophone, although a conversation I had with an officer yesterday is that they no longer wear them outside the uniform. Now they pass up through the shirt so the bad guys can't choke them with the cord. As if Law Enforcement didn't have enough to deal with already....
On a display figure, I still think it looks better outside, and the worry of injury is probably significantly lower.
I really enjoyed this shoot!
I think I may dig through the parts bin and bash a figure for fun today. It won't be anywhere as good as yours, but your guys are very inspiring!

Thanks mate,

I'm glad you like them, and that it may have inspired you to break out the parts bin;) .

The gear that comes with these DiD figures and most other SWAT figures is insane!!!  With the Star Wars stuff I collect it is generally in the region of £250 per figure and I feel lucky if I get 1 or 2 extra pieces in the box, but these are £135 and come with 2 full trays of accessories, and a couple of Uniform options.  Says a lot about licensing of film memorabilia I guess Sad

I didn't know that about the mic, so thanks for sharing. A sad sign of times when this sort of thing needs to be thought of though Sad Sad

Paul

16police - LAPD figures (pic heavy) Empty Re: LAPD figures (pic heavy) Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:00 pm

MarkEl

Really enjoyed these sets of photos. I have the Austin uniform sitting in its box, and it’s given me some good inspiration.

17police - LAPD figures (pic heavy) Empty Re: LAPD figures (pic heavy) Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:18 pm

scalawag

scalawag
MarkEl wrote:Really enjoyed these sets of photos.  I have the Austin uniform sitting in its box, and it’s given me some good inspiration.

I'm glad you liked them MarkEl, and I'm pleased that this pics are inspiring people too.

The ToyCity Austin set is a great uniform set, not perfect, but a perfect place to start. Go for a slider bodied figure and it will pay benefits in terms of the clothing fit, and there are lots of loose pieces around to supplement the supplied equipment. I had fun putting mine together.

To be honest, I think there is a lot to be had from these subjects and similar. I am looking at Police figures again as well after posting this thread.

Paul

18police - LAPD figures (pic heavy) Empty Re: LAPD figures (pic heavy) Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:57 am

Allotropos

Allotropos
these guys look like they mean business !!
Fantastic swat group scalawag - the k9 is a nice addition to the squad too

19police - LAPD figures (pic heavy) Empty Re: LAPD figures (pic heavy) Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:22 am

scalawag

scalawag
Allotropos wrote:these guys look like they mean business !!
Fantastic swat group scalawag - the k9 is a nice addition to the squad too

Thanks Allotropos, glad you like them. Very Happy

I am really pleased with the K9 and the way Both the dog and handler turned out. A fair bit of work went into that one to try and reflect what I was seeing in pics. I was particularly pleased with the LAPD K9 patches which I adapted from the LAPD SWAT ones that come with the DiD figures, I think they turned out really well. I suppose the K9 and the chap with the shotgun are more of "bashes" than the other figures.

Paul

20police - LAPD figures (pic heavy) Empty Re: LAPD figures (pic heavy) Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:02 pm

dadrab

dadrab
Man, that's a damn fine collection.

I've admired those base figures from afar for quite some time, but have not pulled the trigger on any of them. You're making it damn hard to stick to that resolve.

Excellent work.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum