OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hot Toys Wonder Woman training armor headsculpt

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Ephiane

Ephiane
Hey Friends,
someone had this HS ? Or pictures of it next to other 1:6 figures ?. I really need new Heads for my projects, but to spend much money that for and at last they are not in the scale i need is bad. I need big heads, not small ones. The Question is, will this one be a big one ?

#head #headsculpt #wonderwoman #custom #kitbash

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I cannot answer directly as I don't own this figure or headsculpt, but I am curious what you mean by you need it to be 'big'? Is that because Hot Toys heads tend to run on the smaller size compared to others? Just want to make sure I understand. 

If you need a Wonder Woman headsculpt, there are several knockoff versions out there. Here's example of some: 

kitbash - Hot Toys Wonder Woman training armor headsculpt S-l16014

Obviously, as I'm not sure what you plan to use it for, I don't know if that will be helpful to you, but hope you can find something suitable for your needs. Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Does this help? You've seen it before.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t756-super-gym

When it comes to knockoffs, they are often of very good quality, but I recall that recasts are sometimes a little smaller than the originals.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Good point about recasts being smaller. I guess it depends if it’s simply an alternative off-brand version, or if it’s a direct recast, as you say.

Ephiane

Ephiane
Call me curious Laughing , looks like i´m very special. When i have an Inspiration of a Figure i like to bash, i´m searchin for a Headsculpt that for. The sculpt has to be in the same... size... like the others i already have. I use them for my little Puppet Theater for adults Wink , so the new figure has to harmonize with the other ones.

Many Sculpts I´ve bought are useless, because they are to big or to small.

Blue = to Big, Green = OK ( common ) Red = to small

kitbash - Hot Toys Wonder Woman training armor headsculpt 20190725

The Wonder Woman HS is amazing. Looks like a little bit aggressive, not such a Doll face. Could You show her Head next to another one for to see the size please, Gube ? That would be Great !

kitbash - Hot Toys Wonder Woman training armor headsculpt Hqdefa11

Thanks a lot to all so far.

P.S.: There is a Size difference between Alfred and Erwin, isn´t it ? You can see this to

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I don't think I have either of the heads you have marked as "right-sized" but here is a comparison with a few others, including the one I think you used for Skerf (Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson). All are Hot Toys, except for the recent "Avril Lavigne" next to Thor.

kitbash - Hot Toys Wonder Woman training armor headsculpt Wwtvhe10

I hope this helps.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
And here is one more, in case it helps.

kitbash - Hot Toys Wonder Woman training armor headsculpt Wwtvhe11

Ephiane

Ephiane
Excellent ! Thank You very very much, Gube. Wow, Chris Helmsworth is one of the bigger ones to. Good to know. Is he a HT Original ?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ephiane wrote:Excellent ! Thank You very very much, Gube. Wow, Chris Helmsworth is one of the bigger ones to. Good to know. Is he a HT Original ?

You are very welcome! Yes, he is original. Although I have plenty of knockoffs, all the ones in the photo were original. He might look bigger in part because his hair forces him to sit a little more forward and upward.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Looking forward to seeing what you create, Ephiane! Smile

Ephiane

Ephiane
kitbash - Hot Toys Wonder Woman training armor headsculpt 01011

Thanks Friends. I did it ! I ruined a 100 $ hot Toys Sculpt Laughing

Found this old Thread and have to say thanks here. Great Forum

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
She doesn't look ruined to me!! Nice one, Ephiane!

(and thanks for explaining which head you used for your Necromancer lady ;D )

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Wow! I did not recognize her at all, which means nice job. I agree with Sky. You did not ruin it, it still looks beautiful, and the transformation is uncanny. As for these head sculpts being pricey when parted out, yes they are, I just hope you were able to find it for less than $100. Anyway, excellent job on the customization and the whole necromancer character.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Yeah that head turned out pretty (for a necromancer) love it. And I also did not recognize her.

Was pondering for a long time if I should get a 3rd party Gal head. Might be the final push to buy it Very Happy

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Brilliant. I had no idea that you used that head sculpt.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

kitbash - Hot Toys Wonder Woman training armor headsculpt C8485110

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Well, that's more versatility than Gal Gadot has ever shown so far... Smile The excellently modified WW headsculpt worked excellently in that excellent Necromancer story. I too hadn't recognized her.

Ephiane

Ephiane
Thank You very much, Friends. It´s really hard to do a skin tone repaint, if You are not one of these fantastic artists. I do it without a brush. I mixed, mixed, mixed...... some colours till i had nearby the same skin tone the body had. I use the paint on my fingertip and use it as a paintbrush. The Surface a paintbrush did looks not like surface of skin.

MOONBASE !!! Great to hear from You. Hope You are fine

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ephiane wrote:Thank You very much, Friends. It´s really hard to do a skin tone repaint, if You are not one of these fantastic artists. I do it without a brush. I mixed, mixed, mixed...... some colours till i had nearby the same skin tone the body had. I use the paint on my fingertip and use it as a paintbrush. The Surface a paintbrush did looks not like surface of skin.

Well, it worked beautifully. I have learned to water down the paint quite a lot, and sometimes use a soft cotton q-tip instead of a brush. Also learned to use plenty of Liquitex Ultra Matte Medium in the mix, so that it wouldn't end up too shiny. But looking at your results, I don't think you need any advice on how to do it. You have perfected the technique.

Ephiane

Ephiane
Witout all the inspirations and advice here in this forum i think i will just do one bash a Year.
Btw... if a head repaint is to shiny i use the staedler oil pastels with a littel water on a paint brush. There´s a skin tone one inside. Not on the HS, only with water on the paint brush and a shiny surface is gone

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ephiane wrote:Witout all the inspirations and advice here in this forum i think i will just do one bash a Year.
Btw... if a head repaint is to shiny i use the staedler oil pastels with a littel water on a paint brush. There´s a skin tone one inside. Not on the HS, only with water on the paint brush and a shiny surface is gone

Interesting technique, I will keep it in mind.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum