OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

KO Homecoming Spider-man on a TbL M32 body.

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Having a lot of fun upgrading Spider-man to TBL/Phicen M32 Bodies. Here's the newest addition. Got the KO figure off ebay for $51.00. The suit is better quality than expected. Pretty nice I have to admit.

OH and FYI, the head is a Hot Toys HC Spidey head.  Enjoy the pictures.

KO Homecoming Spider-man on a TbL M32 body. 48448455206_f85df411ea_zDSC06802 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

KO Homecoming Spider-man on a TbL M32 body. 48448455081_c0e251ffe1_zDSC06803 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

KO Homecoming Spider-man on a TbL M32 body. 48448614707_bff4eed827_zDSC06804 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

KO Homecoming Spider-man on a TbL M32 body. 48448614632_12eca4411c_zDSC06805 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

KO Homecoming Spider-man on a TbL M32 body. 48448454871_fa7440c43c_zDSC06806 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

KO Homecoming Spider-man on a TbL M32 body. 48448614457_96de2a9892_zDSC06807 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

KO Homecoming Spider-man on a TbL M32 body. 48448614347_869358346e_zDSC06808 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

KO Homecoming Spider-man on a TbL M32 body. 48448614287_aca50a4ef9_zDSC06809 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
He looks great. That body really works fantastic with this outfit.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

KO Homecoming Spider-man on a TbL M32 body. C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
He looks very good. Well done. That seems to be the trick with knockoffs -- make any necessary improvements (like putting them on a new body, as here) or getting a better head (or, as here, the original), and they get the job done very well. I also saw Keyboard Warriors on Youtube doing a Deadpool knockoff body swap to get it just right.

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Thanks guys. I'm all for making a figure better. Here Spidey unmasked.

KO Homecoming Spider-man on a TbL M32 body. 48455490331_3b92fcb07b_zDSC06821 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

KO Homecoming Spider-man on a TbL M32 body. 48455643337_d1786cd868_zDSC06820 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

KO Homecoming Spider-man on a TbL M32 body. 48455643407_3839211f90_zDSC06819 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

KO Homecoming Spider-man on a TbL M32 body. 48455487446_5ca43e727d_zDSC06818 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

KO Homecoming Spider-man on a TbL M32 body. 48455487521_edc540c74d_zDSC06817 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

KO Homecoming Spider-man on a TbL M32 body. 48455487681_3f78f3f9c4_zDSC06816 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

KO Homecoming Spider-man on a TbL M32 body. 48455643767_a8c6623eab_zDSC06815 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

KO Homecoming Spider-man on a TbL M32 body. 48455487871_5aff74e6cc_zDSC06810 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

KO Homecoming Spider-man on a TbL M32 body. 48455643212_817876f358_zDSC06822 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice to see him unmasked, too. Still looks great.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Very cool. Nice poses.

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Thanks guys. I caught some flack from a user on SSF forum using a straw man argument against my spidey. I ignored him.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
actionfiguremovies2 wrote:Thanks guys. I caught some flack from a user on SSF forum using a straw man argument against my spidey. I ignored him.

Your Spidey is seamless and super-articulated and great, and I say this without even being an uber-Spider-Man fan. I just don't get that negative attitude on the part of some users. Yes, the internet is a vast and anonymous space (depending on how much one puts on Facebook), but that is still no excuse for acting like a troll (to use a modern internet-age term). I get that people are getting too unused to even constructive criticism, but it isn't too much to ask to be civil and polite, especially where someone has put some thought and effort into putting something together -- whether it is one's cup of tea or not. Perhaps it is a little different when discussing upcoming product (do companies have feelings? we know they have wallets!), but I suppose with them there is some glimmer of hope someone might be paying attention and the criticism could result in improving a product (apparently it has happened!) -- and at any rate a company is in a much better position, generally speaking, to produce more complicated things and can probably be held to a higher standard and greater expectation. If we only commented on and found good things only in the things that happened to fall 100% within our individual personal scopes of prioritized interest, such forums would be pretty quiet, not to say dead. I do wish people would have more to say on more posts (e.g., not just new product announcements), provided it is constructive -- of course I realize that us moderators have special responsibility to support and keep things going, and quite that much cannot be expected of each member.

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Totally agree my friend. We post our work to possibly help those that might want to do the same thing to improve their figures. Anyone can poo poo some one else effort. It take No skill, No intelligence, and little effort to do that. But to really add something to the contribution, take this and more. Leave jealousy and envy at the door and we light just lean something new. I've learned a ton here and enjoy when i can give back to the group. So thanks guys and keep up the great work.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The SSF crowd can be a pretty harsh group at times, that’s for sure. I’ve learned, just recently, that it’s only okay to criticize companies when some of the more frequent posters start the complaint, but heaven forbid you say anything too harshly on the almighty Gods. But attacking someone’s work is something I just don’t understand — unless it’s constructive criticism — but just making snide or downright hurtful comments helps no one, and hurts the hobby.

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Stryker2011 wrote:The SSF crowd can be a pretty harsh group at times, that’s for sure. I’ve learned, just recently, that it’s only okay to criticize companies when some of the more frequent posters start the complaint, but heaven forbid you say anything too harshly on the almighty Gods. But attacking someone’s work is something I just don’t understand — unless it’s constructive criticism — but just making snide or downright hurtful comments helps no one, and hurts the hobby.

Well they are in full swing. I've never seen more straw attacks for no reason that they do not like the work I've done.   Not sure what the point is but to be nasty. So very sad.

See for yourself.
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/marvel-action-figures/178846-1-6-hot-toys-mms-spider-homecoming-spider-collectible-figure-434.html

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Side by side comparison. Custom HC Spider-man next to Hot Toys HC Spider-man

KO Homecoming Spider-man on a TbL M32 body. 48466881471_cfb498b58a_zDSC06825 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

KO Homecoming Spider-man on a TbL M32 body. 48466881556_260c2c1071_zDSC06824 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

KO Homecoming Spider-man on a TbL M32 body. 48467029592_29d4e7360f_zDSC06823 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Is mine really that terrible?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I’m not an expert on Spider-Man by any means, but I think your figure is by far more visually striking than the Hot Toys version.

And as for criticisms of the body ...while it may not be as slavishly ‘screen accurate’ as the HT, it’s certainly not ‘terrible’. Have they literally never heard of people upgrading figures to tbleague bodies before??? confused

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
skywalkersaga wrote:I’m not an expert on Spider-Man by any means, but I think your figure is by far more visually striking than the Hot Toys version.

And as for criticisms of the body ...while it may not be as slavishly ‘screen accurate’ as the HT, it’s certainly not ‘terrible’. Have they literally never heard of people upgrading figures to tbleague bodies before??? confused

I guess not. Here's more evidence that this one is far more articulated than the HT.
Thanks brother.

KO Homecoming Spider-man on a TbL M32 body. 48467513336_eeb71e9d88_zDSC06826 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

KO Homecoming Spider-man on a TbL M32 body. 48467513271_b034348f44_zDSC06827 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

KO Homecoming Spider-man on a TbL M32 body. 48467661012_5d2ea43dc4_zDSC06828 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

KO Homecoming Spider-man on a TbL M32 body. 48467660922_b6eabe130e_zDSC06829 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I like the new photos showing the articulation. Try to do that with an HT, and both body and suit will split three ways till Tuesday (yeah, I know, the expression is off). When it comes to these things, it is not going to be an exact science.
And, by the way, skywalkersaga is a sister, not a brother. Smile

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
GubernatorFan wrote:I like the new photos showing the articulation. Try to do that with an HT, and both body and suit will split three ways till Tuesday (yeah, I know, the expression is off). When it comes to these things, it is not going to be an exact science.
And, by the way, skywalkersaga is a sister, not a brother. Smile

Thanks my friend. I think your saying works perfectly. And thanks for the correction. Sorry skywalkersaga , I'll make a not of that. Thanks again.

AFM

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
No worries, AFM! I love you

And I agree with GF that the action poses are wonderful and demonstrate perfectly the reason why a tbleague body is so suited to, well... the suit. Wink

The issue with a certain crowd of collectors is that they are not interested in artistic license or personal preference in this manner. And thus they don't really understand why one would sacrifice some degree of 'exact' likeness in order to gain extra articulation and pose-ability. It doesn't mean your figure is bad or lesser, just that you have different aims. You want ACTION figures...figures that can be put in extreme action poses and embody that unabashed comic book aesthetic in the process. Whereas some people obviously don't care if their Spidey has to stay in a boring standing pose for eternity as long as it's the 'official' HT version which they can then brag about to their fellows. Razz

Hopefully you know that your awesome figures and photos are always welcome -- and, most importantly, appreciated -- here. Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
skywalkersaga wrote:No worries, AFM! I love you

And I agree with GF that the action poses are wonderful and demonstrate perfectly the reason why a tbleague body is so suited to, well... the suit. Wink

The issue with a certain crowd of collectors is that they are not interested in artistic license or personal preference in this manner. And thus they don't really understand why one would sacrifice some degree of 'exact' likeness in order to gain extra articulation and pose-ability. It doesn't mean your figure is bad or lesser, just that you have different aims. You want ACTION figures...figures that can be put in extreme action poses and embody that unabashed comic book aesthetic in the process. Whereas some people obviously don't care if their Spidey has to stay in a boring standing pose for eternity as long as it's the 'official' HT version which they can then brag about to their fellows. Razz

Hopefully you know that your awesome figures and photos are always welcome -- and, most importantly, appreciated -- here. Smile

You know the deal indeed. Thanks skywalkersaga, and thanks to you all for enjoying the effort. I'm blessed n the process.

Here's a little more...

KO Homecoming Spider-man on a TbL M32 body. 48468187327_80f4389d9d_zDSC06837 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

KO Homecoming Spider-man on a TbL M32 body. 48468040761_a60365b937_zDSC06836 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

KO Homecoming Spider-man on a TbL M32 body. 48468187392_615857e600_zDSC06835 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

KO Homecoming Spider-man on a TbL M32 body. 48468040906_eae4acd241_zDSC06834 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

KO Homecoming Spider-man on a TbL M32 body. 48468187502_9e77d12158_zDSC06833 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

KO Homecoming Spider-man on a TbL M32 body. 48468187562_71d793f1c9_zDSC06832 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

KO Homecoming Spider-man on a TbL M32 body. 48468041066_b9c2dab01c_zDSC06831 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

KO Homecoming Spider-man on a TbL M32 body. 48468041111_8b475e5576_zDSC06830 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Those are some sweet extra poses. I do believe you're having plenty of fun with your customized Spidey. As for the insensitive/hater people out there, karma shall be your avenger.

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
GubernatorFan wrote:Those are some sweet extra poses. I do believe you're having plenty of fun with your customized Spidey. As for the insensitive/hater people out there, karma shall be your avenger.

I am a firm believer in "You reap what you sow". You are correct about all the fun posing Spidey but I really am looking forward to animating him the most. I had a great time animating my RAH Medicom Spidey but always had the fear that he was going to break one of these times. (and he did at, least 4 times) But no worried with this new custom. He's dang near indestructible.

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Awesome! Spider-Man is probably my favorite Marvel superhero, if I ever purchase an actual licensed figure it will probably be one of the various Spideys out there (or I might give a go making my own custom too!) I'm really digging that extra level of flexibility and dynamic poses you're able to pull off not only with a seamless body, but the bendy stand too. Is there a way to buy those separately, without having to buy a whole figure set where it's included?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I’m not sure if this is the same exact type that AFM uses, but here’s a listing for some ‘bendy’ dynamic action figure stands:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dynamic-Stand-For-1-6-1-9-1-12-Scale-Action-Figure-Hot-Toys-Display-Stand-Holder-/254236337085

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Those extreme poses are awesome. As has been said — you wouldn’t be able to do that with the original HT.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yes, indeed even such dynamic stands can be had for surprisingly decent money on eBay -- perhaps one thing in our hobby that is not outrageously overpriced. For the photos AFM might be using a stand that came with an actual HT set, but the "knock offs" or non-licensed ones seem to work just as well.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
He looks brilliant! More a Spider-man than Spider-teenager, Keyboard Warriors (who do like to think they're experts which makes me laugh although I generally enjoy their content) made the KO suit seem unusable as it was too baggy. After seeing yours I think I'm tempted to do what you've done!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum