OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Sacred Ointment starring Yamcha and Piccolo!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Adeno

Just making fun of the recent Dragon Ball scandal from a few days ago. It is currently being called the "Funimation Leaks", Funimation being the company that localizes Dragon Ball for the western audiences. Basically what happened was that the US voice actors for Dragon Ball recorded themselves saying all sorts of x-rated and offensive jokes. The recording got leaked and now it's all over the internet! Since the scandal is new, the Japanese Dragon Ball headquarters still hasn't given a reaction, but for sure they're very strict about protecting the image of Dragon Ball and it's in the contract of the US Dragon Ball cast that they're not supposed to be doing this kind of stuff lol!

The Sacred Ointment starring Yamcha and Piccolo! Vof8sQO

If you are curious and you want to listen to the leaked audio recordings of the US voice actors, you can listen to them on the youtube link below.

Warning: Contains X-Rated Jokes and Offensive Stuff, Play Only When You're Alone lol!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Lol, wow, what a ‘scandal’ to have. I hope there won’t be negative ramifications for the voice actors and franchise, though I have to admit it’s kind of hilarious/ridiculous situation. Laughing

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Unfortunately, while it may have been funny, people lose their jobs all the time over stuff like this.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

The Sacred Ointment starring Yamcha and Piccolo! C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:Unfortunately, while it may have been funny, people lose their jobs all the time over stuff like this.

Yes indeed, especially in this day of social media, where things frequently blow up and then there's no going back...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Ovy

Ovy
Well...I guess there will always be s place for them on shows like South Park, BoJack Horseman or Archer... :0

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I love Archer. It’s amazing to me some of the people doing voices on that show.

Adeno

Yup, it's definitely a huge problem for them, most especially because the voice actor of Broly named Vic Mignogna (the giant super muscular guy whose hair transforms into light green, seen in the latest movie), was being falsely accused of doing inappropriate things with fans, until eventually he got fired for eating a jelly bean with Monica Rial's name on it (voice actress of Bulma, the rich scientist, wife of Vegeta). Yes, fired for eating a jelly bean that had Monica's name on it (there is no logic here seriously). So now people are saying that if they fired Vic Mignogna because of false accusations and eating a jelly bean, then there's no way the people involved in the audio leaks wouldn't suffer similar consequences. Right now, Vic is suing Monica and the others who have been dirtying his name. Yup, it's former workmates vs former workmates! Most recently, there's also been a scandal about the voice acting job having a "casting couch" as if it were some adult movie. Chris Sabat, the voice of Vegeta and also one of the people who holds power at Funimation, is being accused of making voice actresses do inappropriate things in order to secure a job at Funimation. Now that's serious if proven to be true!

It's amusing and sad at the same time. Personally, I find the audio leaks to just be naughty, something that people do all the time when they're in private with close friends. Nothing serious. But just like you've noted, the current culture nowadays is the outrage or cancel culture. People find a bit of dirt on someone, even if it's unproven, it becomes the catalyst for ending a career. (Speaking of this, I highly recommend watching the recent Dave Chappelle's Sticks and Stones comedy special on Netflix, so funny, he makes fun of everybody especially today's online culture and hypocrisy lol!)

Warning: Super Adult Joke, Only Play When Alone lol!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I agree with you completely, Adeno, the culture of being so 'unforgiving' about the slightest flaw in others and then to delight in taking them down and shaming them, turning them into 'persona non grata' for eternity, is one that I have no wish to take part in or associate with, ever.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
This is one of my favorite T-shirts, and pretty much says it all...

The Sacred Ointment starring Yamcha and Piccolo! Img_8124

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum