OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

1/6 Scale - "JERSEY BOYS" from the Broadway Musical

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

BusinessDog

BusinessDog
Heya!

Well...this was a project I took up on a whim. This is my little cast of Jersey Boys from the musical of the same name, based around the story of The Four Seasons (later known as Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons). One of the best musicals I had ever seen bounce Very Happy I really love those "Sherry" blazers!

Deciding on headsculpts was the trickiest part. I opted to go for more generic looking sculpts that still suit the look of the person a production would cast (if that makes any sense...)

1/6 Scale - "JERSEY BOYS" from the Broadway Musical MDuo2tU

1/6 Scale - "JERSEY BOYS" from the Broadway Musical 9zpSsMm

1/6 Scale - "JERSEY BOYS" from the Broadway Musical Lu4UmVD

1/6 Scale - "JERSEY BOYS" from the Broadway Musical D6MUO0A

Ovy

Ovy
Great choice of 'normal' heads, fitting hairstyles and how you managed to capture the different sizes of the boys. I think the outer right one on the reference photo looks a bit like a young David Bowie.

And that glass cube works out really well with the lighting. Looks quite stage-ish and showmen like. But I guess they have problems standing on their own feet, or do you think they might survive some minutes of photo shooting without those stands?

BusinessDog

BusinessDog
Thanks man Smile I actually hadn't really tried out if they could self-stand at this stage. (I just got so used to them being on their supports all the time). I'll give it a go.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very nicely done. Finding anything near exact likenesses especially when such don't exist is a fairly big hurdle, and I think you have chosen very reasonable sculpts that largely channel your source.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
This is really well done, even the lighting on the detolf contributes to the stage-like feel. It’s so nice to see some musical theatre here!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Valiarde

Valiarde
I'm normally not a fan of modern figures or singers, but this one did impress me. Really nice job, they look fantastic in your display case. Heads are great, posing, sizes and clothing...

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Really well done. Nice job on the jackets and overall look of all of the figures.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

1/6 Scale - "JERSEY BOYS" from the Broadway Musical C8485110

blackpool

blackpool
Splendid! I gave these guys a ton of likes on instagram, very cool to see them here, I really like unique and original projects like that it's so refreshing in the crowd of captain americas and iron men!

Thanks for sharing!

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

They are brilliant! You nailed each one!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum