OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME MYSTERIO 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
“I created Mysterio to give the world someone to believe in. I control the truth…Mysterio is the truth!” - Mysterio

Quentin Beck, a gifted but under-appreciated special effects artist. Chose to focus his skills on becoming Mysterio as the number one super hero in the world, and supplant himself over Iron Man. Coupled with his talent for chemistry, robotics and hypnotism, Mysterio’s convincing illusions on The Elementals blurred the line between reality and fantasy, to the point where the work seems almost supernatural in nature.

Today, Hot Toys is pleased to officially introduce the highly-anticipated 1/6th scale Mysterio collectible figure from Spider-Man: Far From Home with highly-detailed gadgets that specifically counter Spider-Man’s abilities!

Masterfully crafted based on Mysterio’s appearance in the movie, the collectible figure features a newly developed helmeted head with incredible likeness, finely tailored cape and armors with luminous reflective elements, a pair of illusion effect accessories, smoke effect diorama accessories, and a movie-themed dynamic figure stand.

Mysterio has now arrived! Marvel fanatics, make sure you do not under any circumstances believe everything you see.
SPECIFICATIONS
PRODUCT CODEMMS556
PRODUCT NAMEMYSTERIO
HEIGHTAPPROXIMATELY 30CM TALL
POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS30
SPECIAL FEATURESNEWLY DEVELOPED HELMETED HEAD, FINELY TAILORED CAPE AND ARMORS WITH LUMINOUS REFLECTIVE ELEMENTS, A PAIR OF ILLUSION EFFECT ACCESSORIES, SMOKE EFFECT DIORAMA ACCESSORIES, AND DYNAMIC FIGURE STAND
ARTISTSHEAD SCULPTED BY N/A.
HEAD PAINTED BY N/A.
HEAD ART DIRECTED BY N/A.

The 1/6th scale Mysterio Collectible Figure specially features:

- Authentic and detailed likeness of Mysterio from Spider-Man: Far From Home
- A newly developed helmeted head with LED light-up function (battery operated)
- Specialized body with over 28 points of articulation
- Approximately 30cm tall
- Six (6) interchangeable hands in fingerless gloves, including:
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of relaxed hands
- One (1) pair of gesture hands

Costume:
- One (1) burgundy colored cape with clasps
- One (1) piece of newly developed bronze and burgundy colored body armor with luminous reflective effect
- One (1) dark green colored under suit with scale-patterned design
- One (1) pair of bronze colored gauntlets
- One (1) pair of bronze colored boots

Accessories:
- One (1) pair of illusion effect accessories
- Two (2) green colored smoke effect diorama accessories
- One (1) specially designed dynamic figure stand with character nameplate and movie logo

Artist:
- Diorama Accessory designed by Studio HIVE

Release date: Approximately Q3 – Q4, 2021

**Prototype shown is not final, pending licensor approval
**Product details are subject to change without further notice

Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME MYSTERIO 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 11016
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME MYSTERIO 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 2400
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME MYSTERIO 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 3295
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME MYSTERIO 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 4268
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME MYSTERIO 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 5259
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME MYSTERIO 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 6248
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME MYSTERIO 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 7239
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME MYSTERIO 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 8224
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME MYSTERIO 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 9211
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME MYSTERIO 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 10196
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME MYSTERIO 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 11190
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME MYSTERIO 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 12174
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME MYSTERIO 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 13162
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME MYSTERIO 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 14144
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME MYSTERIO 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 15131
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME MYSTERIO 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 16123
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME MYSTERIO 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 17116
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME MYSTERIO 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 18109
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME MYSTERIO 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 19104
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME MYSTERIO 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 2082

#newproduct #HotToys #Mysterio #Spider-Man #FarFromHome #movie #Marvel #MCU #male #comicbook

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Definitely mysterious, but here's a mystery I'm not terribly intrigued to solve...

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nor I. Without a Jake Gyllenhaal sculpt it’s not even remotely worth the $260 price tag.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME MYSTERIO 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Nor I. Without a Jake Gyllenhaal sculpt it’s not even remotely worth the $260 price tag.

Is that who it is supposed to be inside there? And they actually have a Jake Gyllenhaal sculpt from before that they could have modified and reused.

blackpool

blackpool
Looks so unachieved that I even doubt it gets released very soon... No gyllenhaal's headsculpt, and that awfully ugly seamline on his "cristal ball" head... and like you say guys it's gonna hit the 260-280$ level, quite a fail and an easy pass for me even if I was excited to finally see a marvel villain done.

What happened at hot toys???

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
blackpool wrote:Looks so unachieved that I even doubt it gets released very soon... No gyllenhaal's headsculpt, and that awfully ugly seamline on his "cristal ball" head... and like you say guys it's gonna hit the 260-280$ level, quite a fail and an easy pass for me even if I was excited to finally see a marvel villain done.

What happened at hot toys???

This has a 2 year window, so indeed a long wait.

To make a guess as to your question about HT:

Arrogance and greed might be the answer, and judging by the number of HT apologists and boot-lickers plenty of them have POd anyway, despite its shortcomings — HT definitely knows it’s audience.

Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME MYSTERIO 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yikes, totally not my thing to begin with, but ... yeah, that crystal ball head looks soooooo fake. D:

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

blackpool

blackpool
Some good news for Mysterio, J.C. Hong just posted on his instagram that a new korean artist was joining the team on this product, leaving a "that means....?" comment like a cliffhanger lol

It seems that a Jake Gyllenhaal head is on the way!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
blackpool wrote:Some good news for Mysterio, J.C. Hong just posted on his instagram that a new korean artist was joining the team on this product, leaving a "that means....?" comment like a cliffhanger lol

It seems that a Jake Gyllenhaal head is on the way!

Let's hope. If it does, my wife wants me to get this (she thought he looked "hot"; and she "hates" J.G. Don't ask me why, she "can't explain it.")

blackpool

blackpool
It just got confirmed with the new "product" presentation sheet showing a blurred out sculpt of bearded jake Gyllenhaal. I seriously hope it's gonna open the doors to third parties to create variants from his other movies!

Anyway I'll try to grab that head!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker, there are plenty of Jake G heads out there, surely you can get one of those for your wife, and plop it on top of an appropriate TBLeague body for her to appreciate. Or even a Jiaou one! Wink

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:Stryker, there are plenty of Jake G heads out there, surely you can get one of those for your wife, and plop it on top of an appropriate TBLeague body for her to appreciate. Or even a Jiaou one! Wink

But let’s be honest, until someone pointed out all the previous heads were supposed to be JG, I didn’t see it at all — I still don’t. I hope this one will actually look like him — even their Prince of Persia HS was a let down.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:But let’s be honest, until someone pointed out all the previous heads were supposed to be JG, I didn’t see it at all — I still don’t. I hope this one will actually look like him — even their Prince of Persia HS was a let down.

Well, I suppose some of them were not quite spot on. The popular one from the HT base muscle body was decent but the hair color is throwing it off. Here's what eBay has to say about it:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=1%2F6+jake+gyllenhaal+head&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=1%2F6+Honda+Valkyrie+Diecast+Motorcycle+Replica

What makes you think this one will be much better? And being bearded (apparently), it might be less identifiable even if they get the details down to a T.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’m HOPING it’s better. JC Hong is one of their usual artists, and he’s pretty good on some people, but not all of them. Since they’re bringing in someone new, I’m hoping they have better eyes for the subtle details that bring out likenesses better. We’ll see when they unblur the head sculpt, I guess.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:I’m HOPING it’s better. JC Hong is one of their usual artists, and he’s pretty good on some people, but not all of them. Since they’re bringing in someone new, I’m hoping they have better eyes for the subtle details that bring out likenesses better. We’ll see when they unblur the head sculpt, I guess.

Hope springs eternal, right? Let's hope your hope is vindicated. Smile Of course the blurred head could be one of them bearded Cap head sculpts standing in for a future bearded Jake G. Or maybe I'm just a pessimist with little faith in humanity...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Lmao, GF.... poor Cap, don't drag him into this.  Laughing

But I'm now kinda curious what makes this JG more attractive than the 'usual' one.... cause I'm someone who normally finds him kind of boring/average looking, at best. Is it just the fact that he's bearded and in a suit with the cape thingie which makes him look a bit more bulked out than usual? lol.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Lmao, GF.... poor Cap, don't drag him into this.  Laughing

But I'm now kinda curious what makes this JG more attractive than the 'usual' one.... cause I'm someone who normally finds him kind of boring/average looking, at best. Is it just the fact that he's bearded and in a suit with the cape thingie which makes him look a bit more bulked out than usual? lol.

I should note that I was only hypothesizing... LOL And I agree -- Jake might be a good actor, but I just don't get the appeal. Then again, I suppose I'm not supposed to. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I guess all the posts regarding a JG head sculpt have been deleted. It could be a licensing issue, but at this point it may be advisable to wait before placing a PO.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh dear... this is the downside of having people from the company interacting on social media... I'm sure in this case they meant well, but sometimes they don't actually have much control over such things.

blackpool

blackpool
Yup Hot toys had to publish a little note saying that current licensing issues between them and marvel were causing that headsculpt issue... So far all their promotional posts have been taken down and the old product sheet is back...

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
This was a Reddit post:

"News from Hot Toys, confirmed by HT staff: Mysterio head sculpt WILL NOT be available unless they can figure out the rights for it. In that case, the head sculpt will be shipped along with the figure."

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Head sculpt revealed. Looks off to me.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Head sculpt revealed. Looks off to me.

Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME MYSTERIO 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 5ba9c110
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME MYSTERIO 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 7b08f910
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME MYSTERIO 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 0495b910
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME MYSTERIO 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE D97fd810
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME MYSTERIO 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Da4c3110

Looks more like this guy (James Ransome) than JG.

Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME MYSTERIO 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE E2db5a10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Or maybe they cross-bred Jake G and Paul Rudd? Smile

csyeung

csyeung
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME MYSTERIO 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Dsc02310
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME MYSTERIO 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Dsc02312
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME MYSTERIO 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Dsc02311
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME MYSTERIO 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Dsc02313
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME MYSTERIO 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Dsc02314

Got my Mysterio in today. Very happy with this release. I liked the character as a kid and didnt mind the changes they made for MCU. Everything looks sharper it feels than the prototype as often is the case. The tailoring is tighter and details looks sharper. The dome definitely looks nice. It's glossier than the prototypes and they manage to hide the seam better with some interior painting. Also there is a piece of plastic inside that simulates a cloud or mist. I didn't realize it lit up when i preordered. Also the head sculpt was always will they or won't they for the longest time. I'm glad it's added, whether or not you feel like it looks like Jake. Cloak is wired on the base, but it feels like a super thin wire. The chestplate gold seems brighter than the rest of the armor on the body. Well those are my first impressions as I unboxed it. Also the bottom smoke pieces are a duller/darker green than the magic green triangles.

Edit: One thing that did bug me, when i swapped out the dome for headsculpt for a few pics, then attempted to swap back to the dome, the neck piece and adapter came apart. Not a big deal, but the adapter was still stuck on peg in body and was a pain to get out cause you cant get a good grip with the collar of the costume and it being partially sunk in. I had to wiggle some needle nose pliers underneath the adapter to pop it out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum