OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

STAR WARS Moving On Solo Story

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1darthmaul - STAR WARS Moving On Solo Story Empty STAR WARS Moving On Solo Story Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:31 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Spoilers for Solo 2. Not really. It can't be any sillier than this, can it? Or...

darthmaul - STAR WARS Moving On Solo Story Swmos010

darthmaul - STAR WARS Moving On Solo Story Swmos011

darthmaul - STAR WARS Moving On Solo Story Swmos016

darthmaul - STAR WARS Moving On Solo Story Swmos013

darthmaul - STAR WARS Moving On Solo Story Swmos014

darthmaul - STAR WARS Moving On Solo Story Swmos015

Hope this was lame enough to be fitting and fun. Smile What do you think?

For more Star Wars stories, check out these two:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1852-star-wars-a-negative-body-image-story

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1862-star-wars-a-lone-scoundrel-story

#starwars #parody #satire #hansolo #solo #qira #darthmaul #spoilers #fiction #scifi

2darthmaul - STAR WARS Moving On Solo Story Empty Re: STAR WARS Moving On Solo Story Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:44 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Funny. And probably not too far from what probably would have happened. Nice set up and photos. I see you’ve already put that Valkyrie to good use.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

darthmaul - STAR WARS Moving On Solo Story C8485110

3darthmaul - STAR WARS Moving On Solo Story Empty Re: STAR WARS Moving On Solo Story Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:53 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Funny. And probably not too far from what probably would have happened. Nice set up and photos. I see you’ve already put that Valkyrie to good use.

Thank you very much. And yes, between Bad Wolf's example and your encouragement, I've started playing with it...

And since I already sorta went there anyway, anyone else notice a certain parallelism between Darth Maul and the Night King from Game of Thrones? I mean...

darthmaul - STAR WARS Moving On Solo Story Swmos017

and then

darthmaul - STAR WARS Moving On Solo Story Night-king_game-of-thrones_gallery_5d4a1382c0f08

Smile

4darthmaul - STAR WARS Moving On Solo Story Empty Re: STAR WARS Moving On Solo Story Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:11 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yeah, Hollywood has been pretty devoid of creativity (ie, originality) for a very, VERY long time, so it doesn’t surprise me that things tend to look like something we’ve already seen. Think all the building destruction on the current DC and Marvel movies (first started in the Transformers movies), or watching Dr. Strange seemed very similar to Nolan’s Inception — the exact same warped building effects). The constant feeling of deja vu I get watching movies and TV shows these days is becoming tedious.

5darthmaul - STAR WARS Moving On Solo Story Empty Re: STAR WARS Moving On Solo Story Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:54 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Yeah, Hollywood has been pretty devoid of creativity (ie, originality) for a very, VERY long time, so it doesn’t surprise me that things tend to look like something we’ve already seen. Think all the building destruction on the current DC and Marvel movies (first started in the Transformers movies), or watching Dr. Strange seemed very similar to Nolan’s Inception — the exact same warped building effects). The constant feeling of deja vu I get watching movies and TV shows these days is becoming tedious.

Good points all. Come to think of it, I disliked Inception (I know, I'm stupid or something), so after seeing Dr Strange look similar in the previews I couldn't bring myself to see it.

Now I'm thinking maybe I should get the Night King too, so he and Maul could be a dynamic duo -- Ice Devil/Fire Devil or something like that. Except that reconstituting the Night King would require a much bigger investment -- with Maul all I needed was the head sculpt and a few pieces of clothing. And I certainly don't feel like getting the boxed set at HT prices (as I didn't with Maul, either).

6darthmaul - STAR WARS Moving On Solo Story Empty Re: STAR WARS Moving On Solo Story Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:56 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
So that's how Han came to be known as Han Solo!

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! darthmaul - STAR WARS Moving On Solo Story 1f60e

7darthmaul - STAR WARS Moving On Solo Story Empty Re: STAR WARS Moving On Solo Story Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:08 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
From what I’ve seen, Guv, the Night King is a pretty cool looking figure. Don’t know what it’s cost is, but a meeting with Maul would definitely be up your alley.

8darthmaul - STAR WARS Moving On Solo Story Empty Re: STAR WARS Moving On Solo Story Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:03 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Theboo-bomb wrote:So that's how Han came to be known as Han Solo!

LOL... well, they already kinda solved that one in the previous film (Solo), but it wasn't any better-grounded. Smile

Stryker2011 wrote:From what I’ve seen, Guv, the Night King is a pretty cool looking figure. Don’t know what it’s cost is, but a meeting with Maul would definitely be up your alley.

I agree. But I'm not getting the other White Walker, and didn't care much about this aspect of the plot (Medieval zombies in general -- did you know that zombies are a totally modern invention?), so I doubt I'll be getting the Night King. I collect very little from Game of Thrones. So far only Jaime, Daenerys, and Arya, plus parts from the Tywin and Cersei sets; I have pre-ordered Jon Snow and the new Tyrion, but I think I will stop there.

9darthmaul - STAR WARS Moving On Solo Story Empty Re: STAR WARS Moving On Solo Story Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:41 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
It sounds like you have quite a few GOT figures. I’ve POd the new Tyrion, but I’m not using him for anything Thrones related, and I’m planning to have a completely different outfit made for the figure.

10darthmaul - STAR WARS Moving On Solo Story Empty Re: STAR WARS Moving On Solo Story Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:04 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:It sounds like you have quite a few GOT figures. I’ve POd the new Tyrion, but I’m not using him for anything Thrones related, and I’m planning to have a completely different outfit made for the figure.

Yes, I guess they are not that few after all (and it's not as if every character has been made), though in two instances I only have a head sculpt and accessory or two. I was trying to say I'm not at all completist when it comes to this license. And with Tyrion and Jon I am getting their second releases of those characters, which are apparently benefiting from improvements.

11darthmaul - STAR WARS Moving On Solo Story Empty Re: STAR WARS Moving On Solo Story Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:54 am

shazzdan

shazzdan
Nice one. Double points for using the Valkyrie.

12darthmaul - STAR WARS Moving On Solo Story Empty Re: STAR WARS Moving On Solo Story Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:47 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
shazzdan wrote:Nice one. Double points for using the Valkyrie.

Thank you very much. It was a new arrival, so out and ready to pose. Smile Unfortunately it is missing the right rear view mirror. We have decided to blame vandal scum.

13darthmaul - STAR WARS Moving On Solo Story Empty Re: STAR WARS Moving On Solo Story Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:30 pm

Ovy

Ovy
It took me half an hour into the film to unsee Daenerys when watching the Solo movie and accept her as her own character.  Laughing

Those eyes are moveable? I think that is a great feature.

One of the pics reminds me of Ekkil from Banner Saga.
darthmaul - STAR WARS Moving On Solo Story Latest?cb=20170127165246

Stryker2011 wrote:Yeah, Hollywood has been pretty devoid of creativity (ie, originality) for a very, VERY long time, so it doesn’t surprise me that things tend to look like something we’ve already seen. Think all the building destruction on the current DC and Marvel movies (first started in the Transformers movies), or watching Dr. Strange seemed very similar to Nolan’s Inception — the exact same warped building effects). The constant feeling of deja vu I get watching movies and TV shows these days is becoming tedious.

I always have to laugh when another Skybeam appears, guarded by a disposable CGI army...

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PillarOfLight

14darthmaul - STAR WARS Moving On Solo Story Empty Re: STAR WARS Moving On Solo Story Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:05 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:It took me half an hour into the film to unsee Daenerys when watching the Solo movie and accept her as her own character.  Laughing

Those eyes are moveable? I think that is a great feature.

One of the pics reminds me of Ekkil from Banner Saga.
darthmaul - STAR WARS Moving On Solo Story Latest?cb=20170127165246

LOL. My feeling about that whole movie was "meh."

Yes, the eyes are movable (same thing on the alternate, snarling head sculpt). Unlike the older PERS eyes that came with some Deluxe figures (like the HT Indiana Jones and the T-800 with the removable hair and "brain" pieces, for example), these are each controlled by an independent little peg that you can adjust as you see fit. Yes, it takes just a little bit more effort to get them looking exactly in the same direction, but it also allows you to make him cross-eyed or whatever you want. Also, it seems like this obviates the need to set the eyes so deeply that the likeness suffers. I appreciate this feature. One of the trade-offs is that, to accommodate the need for access to the eyes, they settled for a magnetic attachment to the neck. This means that for the most part you need the magnetic neck piece and a suitable body to mount it on. There are ways around, it however, although in this instance I did not resort to that.

Ekkil looks like a prime candidate for a kitbash...

15darthmaul - STAR WARS Moving On Solo Story Empty Re: STAR WARS Moving On Solo Story Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:00 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Nice!

Even George Lucas might thank you for that one.

16darthmaul - STAR WARS Moving On Solo Story Empty Re: STAR WARS Moving On Solo Story Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:21 am

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Wait, you mean...you didn't know?
darthmaul - STAR WARS Moving On Solo Story C7220e10

17darthmaul - STAR WARS Moving On Solo Story Empty Re: STAR WARS Moving On Solo Story Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:33 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
AlKelAstra91 wrote:Wait, you mean...you didn't know?

Haha! You know, with all the cash-grab decisions Disney is making lately, I wouldn’t be surprised to see something like this happen.

18darthmaul - STAR WARS Moving On Solo Story Empty Re: STAR WARS Moving On Solo Story Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:13 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Rogerbee wrote:Nice! Even George Lucas might thank you for that one.

I know... maybe I can sue after they steal my idea and get rich and then I can afford more HT... Smile just kidding...

AlKelAstra91 wrote:Wait, you mean...you didn't know?

I had no idea... but that might explain a thing or two. Certainly no more silly than what we saw in the TV show...

19darthmaul - STAR WARS Moving On Solo Story Empty Re: STAR WARS Moving On Solo Story Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:10 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Having fallen off of the new Star Wars films, I've decided to embrace this as canon. I'm totally good with this.

Also, the best use of those movable eyes I've seen. Seriously, the expression in this pic cracked me up so bad.

darthmaul - STAR WARS Moving On Solo Story Swmos013

Love it man. Such a blast.

20darthmaul - STAR WARS Moving On Solo Story Empty Re: STAR WARS Moving On Solo Story Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:06 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ReverendSpooky wrote:Having fallen off of the new Star Wars films, I've decided to embrace this as canon.  I'm totally good with this. Also, the best use of those movable eyes I've seen.  Seriously, the expression in this pic cracked me up so bad. Love it man.  Such a blast.

Thank you very much. And for embracing my satire as canon! Very glad you liked it. Yep, these movable eyes come in quite handy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum