OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: BROWN ART: THE DUKE OF SAXONY-COBURG 1548 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005M & WAR HORSE 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005H

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Retail on Each: $224.99 USD

Product Description
Modeled after the collection in the Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York) and carefully crafted to the highest standard.

Man armor is made of 120 pieces of sheet steels with 285 pieces of rivets.
Horse armor is made of 36 pieces of sheet steels with 275 pieces of rivets.

Parts list:
Man Armor made for Duke of Saxony-Coburg (1521–1553) dated 1548

1. Head sculpture x1 PVC
2. Body x1 ABS
3. Hand x5 PVC
4. Black shirt x1 Cloth
5. Black pants x1 Cloth
6. Shoes x1 pair Cloth
7. Gloves x1 pair Cloth
8. All metal man armor set x1 sheet steel
9. Shield x1 sheet steel
10. Long sword x1 Metal
11. Short sword x1 Metal
12. Decoration of Burgonet x1 Cloth
13. Figure stand x1 Metal

The horse is sold separately.

historical - NEW PRODUCT: BROWN ART: THE DUKE OF SAXONY-COBURG 1548 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005M & WAR HORSE 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005H 11031
historical - NEW PRODUCT: BROWN ART: THE DUKE OF SAXONY-COBURG 1548 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005M & WAR HORSE 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005H 2452
historical - NEW PRODUCT: BROWN ART: THE DUKE OF SAXONY-COBURG 1548 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005M & WAR HORSE 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005H 3308
historical - NEW PRODUCT: BROWN ART: THE DUKE OF SAXONY-COBURG 1548 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005M & WAR HORSE 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005H 4281
historical - NEW PRODUCT: BROWN ART: THE DUKE OF SAXONY-COBURG 1548 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005M & WAR HORSE 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005H 5270
historical - NEW PRODUCT: BROWN ART: THE DUKE OF SAXONY-COBURG 1548 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005M & WAR HORSE 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005H 6259
historical - NEW PRODUCT: BROWN ART: THE DUKE OF SAXONY-COBURG 1548 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005M & WAR HORSE 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005H 7250
historical - NEW PRODUCT: BROWN ART: THE DUKE OF SAXONY-COBURG 1548 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005M & WAR HORSE 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005H 8234
historical - NEW PRODUCT: BROWN ART: THE DUKE OF SAXONY-COBURG 1548 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005M & WAR HORSE 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005H 9221
historical - NEW PRODUCT: BROWN ART: THE DUKE OF SAXONY-COBURG 1548 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005M & WAR HORSE 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005H 10206
historical - NEW PRODUCT: BROWN ART: THE DUKE OF SAXONY-COBURG 1548 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005M & WAR HORSE 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005H 11199
historical - NEW PRODUCT: BROWN ART: THE DUKE OF SAXONY-COBURG 1548 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005M & WAR HORSE 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005H 12183
historical - NEW PRODUCT: BROWN ART: THE DUKE OF SAXONY-COBURG 1548 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005M & WAR HORSE 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005H 13169
historical - NEW PRODUCT: BROWN ART: THE DUKE OF SAXONY-COBURG 1548 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005M & WAR HORSE 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005H 14151
historical - NEW PRODUCT: BROWN ART: THE DUKE OF SAXONY-COBURG 1548 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005M & WAR HORSE 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005H 15138
historical - NEW PRODUCT: BROWN ART: THE DUKE OF SAXONY-COBURG 1548 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005M & WAR HORSE 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005H 16130
historical - NEW PRODUCT: BROWN ART: THE DUKE OF SAXONY-COBURG 1548 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005M & WAR HORSE 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005H 17123
historical - NEW PRODUCT: BROWN ART: THE DUKE OF SAXONY-COBURG 1548 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005M & WAR HORSE 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005H 18116
historical - NEW PRODUCT: BROWN ART: THE DUKE OF SAXONY-COBURG 1548 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005M & WAR HORSE 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005H 19110
historical - NEW PRODUCT: BROWN ART: THE DUKE OF SAXONY-COBURG 1548 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005M & WAR HORSE 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005H 2087

BROWN ART WAR HORSE OF THE DUKE OF SAXONY-COBURG 1548 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005H

Product Description
Modeled after the collection in the Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York) and carefully crafted to the highest standard.

Parts list;

1.horse x1 PVC
2.full armor set for horse x1 sheet steel
2.saddle x1 cloth & sheet steel
3.Chain mail for neck x1 metal
4. stirrup x1pair metal
5.lance x1 metal

historical - NEW PRODUCT: BROWN ART: THE DUKE OF SAXONY-COBURG 1548 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005M & WAR HORSE 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005H 21126
historical - NEW PRODUCT: BROWN ART: THE DUKE OF SAXONY-COBURG 1548 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005M & WAR HORSE 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005H 22111
historical - NEW PRODUCT: BROWN ART: THE DUKE OF SAXONY-COBURG 1548 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005M & WAR HORSE 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005H 23101
historical - NEW PRODUCT: BROWN ART: THE DUKE OF SAXONY-COBURG 1548 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005M & WAR HORSE 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005H 2453
historical - NEW PRODUCT: BROWN ART: THE DUKE OF SAXONY-COBURG 1548 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005M & WAR HORSE 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005H 2542
historical - NEW PRODUCT: BROWN ART: THE DUKE OF SAXONY-COBURG 1548 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005M & WAR HORSE 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005H 2636
historical - NEW PRODUCT: BROWN ART: THE DUKE OF SAXONY-COBURG 1548 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005M & WAR HORSE 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005H 2730
historical - NEW PRODUCT: BROWN ART: THE DUKE OF SAXONY-COBURG 1548 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005M & WAR HORSE 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005H 2826
historical - NEW PRODUCT: BROWN ART: THE DUKE OF SAXONY-COBURG 1548 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005M & WAR HORSE 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005H 2921

#newproduct #BrownArt #DukeofSaxony-Coburg #historical #WarHorse #animal #male #Medieval #Knight #armor

JohnByng

This looks very nice!

I have a question for the knowledgeable: is there a piece missing? There seems to be an unusually large gap near his right armpit. Surely some additional piece of armour would have been placed here? If it is missing, I assume it is also missing from the original.

Anyway, it looks like this is the finest suit of armour (harness?) yet produced in this scale and the horse is also very good!

I will have to see if the price can be met! Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow, looks really good. A pleasant surprise to see something like this here.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

shazzdan

shazzdan
JohnByng wrote:I have a question for the knowledgeable: is there a piece missing? There seems to be an unusually large gap near his right armpit. Surely some additional piece of armour would have been placed here? If it is missing, I assume it is also missing from the original.
The armour is correct but they messed up the arming doublet (the black tunic underneath). It should have mail gussets covering the armpit and inside elbow. The mail covers the parts that the plate leaves exposed.

historical - NEW PRODUCT: BROWN ART: THE DUKE OF SAXONY-COBURG 1548 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005M & WAR HORSE 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005H He-voiderphoto-300px%5B2%5D

It should also have a mail brayette covering the groin. It looks like a daiper.

historical - NEW PRODUCT: BROWN ART: THE DUKE OF SAXONY-COBURG 1548 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005M & WAR HORSE 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005H 5903f3f6e36b27d91fa98e85c93b3247

shazzdan

shazzdan
The armour is great. I have their first one that was made from cast metal and it was disappointing. Sheet steel should make all the difference - both to improve the fit and to reduce the weight.

JohnByng

shazzdan wrote:
JohnByng wrote:I have a question for the knowledgeable: is there a piece missing? There seems to be an unusually large gap near his right armpit. Surely some additional piece of armour would have been placed here? If it is missing, I assume it is also missing from the original.
The armour is correct but they messed up the arming doublet (the black tunic underneath). It should have mail gussets covering the armpit and inside elbow. The mail covers the parts that the plate leaves exposed.

historical - NEW PRODUCT: BROWN ART: THE DUKE OF SAXONY-COBURG 1548 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005M & WAR HORSE 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005H He-voiderphoto-300px%5B2%5D

It should also have a mail brayette covering the groin. It looks like a daiper.

historical - NEW PRODUCT: BROWN ART: THE DUKE OF SAXONY-COBURG 1548 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005M & WAR HORSE 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005H 5903f3f6e36b27d91fa98e85c93b3247

Thanks for that, I did not know about the mail on the arming doublet and groin. Presumably the codpiece has not yet become mandatory? I have read about earlier armour where they wore padded jacket and hauberks. So it seems by this time they had reduced the areas of coverage to ones which were more likely to be hit.

Are you sure nothing is missing? If this were a tank there would be a huge shot-trap under the armpits. I can imagine a lance sliding in there and making quite a mess! Even with a mail undergarment.

SnakeyJones

So this figure has attracted some criticism over at BBICN, mostly in regards to the proportions of the armor, which Brownart responded too on their weibo:

historical - NEW PRODUCT: BROWN ART: THE DUKE OF SAXONY-COBURG 1548 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005M & WAR HORSE 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005H 006bzu10
historical - NEW PRODUCT: BROWN ART: THE DUKE OF SAXONY-COBURG 1548 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005M & WAR HORSE 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005H 006bzu11
historical - NEW PRODUCT: BROWN ART: THE DUKE OF SAXONY-COBURG 1548 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005M & WAR HORSE 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005H Captur10

Whilst i don't disagree that these would improve on the figure, the only thing that really bothered me was the shape of the couters and the lack of chainmail.

Still; it remains to be seen if Brownart actually follows through on any of these changes, but i'm personally quite pleased with how it looks already

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Well, it's good to see they are open to criticism/suggestions, at least. : )

shazzdan

shazzdan
JohnByng wrote:Thanks for that, I did not know about the mail on the arming doublet and groin. Presumably the codpiece has not yet become mandatory?
You can't wear a codpiece in the saddle. They were only used when fighting on foot.

shazzdan

shazzdan
SnakeyJones wrote:Whilst i don't disagree that these would improve on the figure, the only thing that really bothered me was the shape of the couters and the lack of chainmail.

The main thing that bothered me was the gauntlets but I don't think it is possible to replicate the originals in 1:6 scale without having them moulded on the hands.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
This looked great to me until I saw the side-by-side comparison with the actual source material. I'm glad they will try to correct the discrepancies and make the sets even better.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
They even said they’d rework the horse, as it’s too tall and thin.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

historical - NEW PRODUCT: BROWN ART: THE DUKE OF SAXONY-COBURG 1548 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005M & WAR HORSE 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005H C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I hadn’t nitpicked the horse since I figured it was futile to do so anyway... but that’s good they are willing to try to improve it. : )

shazzdan

shazzdan
The closest modern breed to a medieval warhorse would be something like a Hunter.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
shazzdan wrote:The closest modern breed to a medieval warhorse would be something like a Hunter.

A 'hunter' is more of a type of horse than an actual breed, and what is considered a 'hunter' by today's standards is probably much taller than an average medieval horse. I get what you're saying though, that a medieval warhorse would have been much 'lighter' than the heavy draft horses that are used for films and which are generally anachronistic in such a context. But pinpointing what exactly a medieval warhorse would have been like is not a simple task as it depends greatly on what particular era and geographical location one is discussing. Many breeds and/or types from the medieval period no longer exist and/or have developed to be very different than they were back then. It's confusing because horses were referred to moreso by their uses than by breeds. But some deductions can be made. My personal understanding is that many prized 'warhorses' in the medieval period would have had at least some Spanish blood in there somewhere. 'Spanish' horses usually meant that these were a mix of Iberian stock (native Spanish horses) with strains of Arab or Barb bloodlines  (via the Moorish influence). These are what have now developed into the modern day Iberian breeds, the most famous of which is the 'PRE' ...aka, the Andalusian. There may have also been some influences from the now-extinct Turkoman horse as well (said Turkoman horse was highly influential in creating some other modern breeds which have outlasted it, such as the Thoroughbred). Other types of medieval 'warhorses' may have been stockier, more like the old French Boulonnais horse, which was a progenitor of the Percheron draft horse from later centuries, but smaller and bit more refined. 

I think maybe what you are referring to is the fact that a common type of medieval horse of the day -- the lighter, faster sort known as a 'courser' (as opposed to the heavier destrier) -- was likely also used for hunting back then as well.  Just wanted to clarify though that what would have been considered a hunter and/or courser back then is likely not what is considered that now, and thus a modern hunter would not necessarily be the closest equivalent when talking about a medieval warhorse, even one of the lighter type. 

Regarding the 1/6 horse above.... ehhhh. The model used in the photo is very poor, to my eyes. Just anatomically incorrect, more than anything else. I have no idea if the improvements they are planning will make any difference, but we'll see. ;p

shazzdan

shazzdan
The most common warhorse was a Courser, not a Destrier. The closest modern horse would be a hunter or endurance horse around 15 hands tall.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
shazzdan wrote:The most common warhorse was a Courser, not a Destrier. The closest modern horse would be a hunter or endurance horse around 15 hands tall.

Right, I get that. But I'm just saying that modern sporthorse bloodlines as well as their height/stature don't necessarily line up precisely with what would have been around then.  If you're just talking about rough equivalents in terms of the horses' capacities, then I can see what you're saying, as such horses could be fairly versatile, just like a present-day eventer or something similar. But the majority of modern sporthorses and even more traditional 'hunters' are breeds that have only developed in the last couple hundred years, and their previous equivalents, such as they were, would still have been somewhat different in the era were are discussing. And if one is looking at modern breeds which are currently still bred and trained for Classical Dressage [aka, cavalry movements], then we cannot discount the Spanish/Iberian horses from consideration as a possible present-day 'equivalent'.

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Yeah, the horse looks like a bit of a trainwreck from what I can see. :/ The armour on it looks nice though and hides most of the terrible anatomy! XD

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

If that armour really is all metal that body just won't support it, a ploy to make you get the horse methinks....

It's nice, but, I've never heard of the company before and it could be all the gear and no idea.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Rogerbee wrote:
If that armour really is all metal that body just won't support it, a ploy to make you get the horse methinks....

It's nice, but, I've never heard of the company before and it could be all the gear and no idea.

They’re relatively new, but they’ve done other stuff (Napoleonic era) before.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

historical - NEW PRODUCT: BROWN ART: THE DUKE OF SAXONY-COBURG 1548 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005M & WAR HORSE 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE B-A0005H C8485110

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum