OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do we have any Scale Figure Tailors

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Do we have any Scale Figure Tailors Empty Do we have any Scale Figure Tailors Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:07 pm

DMAN970

DMAN970
I'm making a Bret Hart scale figure all I need is an outfit for my TBLeague body.

Here is the head sculpt I'm buying it's awesome!
Do we have any Scale Figure Tailors Image110

2Do we have any Scale Figure Tailors Empty Re: Do we have any Scale Figure Tailors Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:53 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It does look like an awesome sculpt. Stryker linked a custom sixth-scale clothes maker recently, and there is also hegemony77com on Etsy, but I don't know whether they take commissions.

3Do we have any Scale Figure Tailors Empty Re: Do we have any Scale Figure Tailors Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:42 am

blackpool

blackpool
If you have the budget I suggest to contact Geewhiz, or check his website GeeWhiz Customs

It's expensive for sure, but the quality is beyond awesome, and I think he recently worked on the Hitman Hart for a private comission (if it's the iconic black/pink spandex suit you want)

4Do we have any Scale Figure Tailors Empty Re: Do we have any Scale Figure Tailors Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:12 am

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
blackpool wrote:If you have the budget I suggest to contact Geewhiz, or check his website GeeWhiz Customs

It's expensive for sure, but the quality is beyond awesome, and I think he recently worked on the Hitman Hart for a private comission (if it's the iconic black/pink spandex suit you want)

what price range are we talking about roughly ? had a fallout suit done before by a local seamstress yet the quality was a bit lacking. granted it was the time i paid for, which i did gladly, still she was inexperienced in the small scale.

personally i cant sew for the life of me so i should have stocked up on the doom survivor bundle a year ago when i had the chance Sad

could really use an additional vault suit i various stages of being worn down by time.

cheers

5Do we have any Scale Figure Tailors Empty Re: Do we have any Scale Figure Tailors Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:31 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
If you go with GeeWhiz, be prepared. We’re talking Yunsil prices (hundreds) for a single outfit. I’ve gotten multi-layered outfits from AJClothiers for less than $150 from her (many even below $100). But I’m not one of those who’s often looking for HT Level clothing (which at the custom level usually equates to $400-600 per one-off, sometimes higher). Unless you manage to get on a group commission, in which case the cost is generally spread out (the more outfits being made, the lower the cost), one-offs are not usually cheap — and don’t expect to be able to haggle. GeeWhiz is one of the best, and their prices reflect that.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Do we have any Scale Figure Tailors C8485110

6Do we have any Scale Figure Tailors Empty Re: Do we have any Scale Figure Tailors Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:00 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Can you post a pic of the outfit you are specifically hoping to recreate? I'm not familiar with this character so I can't quite picture it. If I know what you are looking for, I might be able to better help point you in the right direction. : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

7Do we have any Scale Figure Tailors Empty Re: Do we have any Scale Figure Tailors Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:09 am

DMAN970

DMAN970
Do we have any Scale Figure Tailors Bret_h10
Do we have any Scale Figure Tailors 710ymf10

Also truly I want to trust GeeWhiz but I can't. I don't mind sending the figure but why the head sculpt too?
They told me that is a requirement for it to be made in an email

8Do we have any Scale Figure Tailors Empty Re: Do we have any Scale Figure Tailors Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:17 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Hmm, yeah, I understand not wanting to part with the headsculpt for a potentially extended period of time. :/

Re: the outfit -- thanks for the pics. From the looks of it, if it is just the spandex outfit and boots, this could potentially be accomplished via kitbashing. I'm not an expert on what's out there, but even if you could just source the plain black pants and a similar top [and then cut it to the right shape], you'd be halfway there. Then use fabric paint or model paint mixed with fabric medium to create the designs on the outfit. The boots could be modified the same way -- find a pair of plain coloured boots that lace up like that, and then paint them the right colour and/or design. 

I know that might sound like a lot of work, but it could also be quite fun. :')

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum