OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tbleague female bodies' suntan colour -- has it changed again?

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Is it just me, or have they changed the suntan colour yet again on some of the bodies recently? I was handling an s12d that I bought a while ago and it was the sort of pale greyish 'suntan' we have gotten used to, but then got out a new s25b that I purchased more recently, and held them next to each other...and the s25b seemed much more 'pink' next to it.  And no, it is not a pale, the box it came is marked as s25b. I have no idea if it was just my eyes or a trick of the light, but I'm now curious if anyone else has noticed this? 

Apologies for not having any pics to show what i'm talking about, it got dark here and I forgot to take any. I also don't have any other female tbleague bodies to compare other than those two since all the rest are either fully clothed or have been subject to oil pastel experiments. ;p 

I'm just a little concerned because I have several heads painted to match the more 'greyish' suntan colour, and now wondering if I will be able to match them after all....

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Hmmm, you know I haven’t bought a new TBL body in a long time, so I can’t really help. However, if you have a Pale body on hand and can compare it, it could be the box was mislabeled— or they put the wrong body in the box. But — it could also be that they have indeed changed the dye again, which would be very annoying. As much as I like their bodies, it’s getting harder and harder to justify the cost if they’re going to be inconsistent with the color — and, of course, no heads to match.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

tbleague skintone - Tbleague female bodies' suntan colour -- has it changed again?  C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:Hmmm, you know I haven’t bought a new TBL body in a long time, so I can’t really help. However, if you have a Pale body on hand and can compare it, it could be the box was mislabeled— or they put the wrong body in the box. But — it could also be that they have indeed changed the dye again, which would be very annoying. As much as I like their bodies, it’s getting harder and harder to justify the cost if they’re going to be inconsistent with the color — and, of course, no heads to match.

Yeah, it's a possibility that it was mislabeled. But it doesn't seem overly pale, just a different tone. I vaguely recall GeeWillikers mentioned something about the first s29b he picked up being a more pinkish colour than expected, and I'd had the same thought then...that maybe his was a pale by mistake. But now I'm not so sure. Tomorrow when I've got a bit of daylight again I'll double check. 

And yeah, I feel you on that last point. I really hope I'm just imagining things...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ok, the lighting today is not great, but I took some pics anyway. I tried to show with the light hitting at different angles. Apologies for the bit of lint on them, I had to undress them for the pics and didn't clean them first. 

The two bodies compared below are both tbleague s25b's. The one I purchased more recently [around September or so] is pictured first, on the left. This is the one that looks more pink-ish to my eyes. The older one [purchased in January 2019] is pictured on the right. 

This first one shows the difference the best, in terms of how it seemed in person: 

tbleague skintone - Tbleague female bodies' suntan colour -- has it changed again?  212

Some others with slightly different angles and lighting: 

tbleague skintone - Tbleague female bodies' suntan colour -- has it changed again?  113

tbleague skintone - Tbleague female bodies' suntan colour -- has it changed again?  314

tbleague skintone - Tbleague female bodies' suntan colour -- has it changed again?  511

Even the plastic feet seem to have slightly different tone: 

tbleague skintone - Tbleague female bodies' suntan colour -- has it changed again?  911

And one more: 

tbleague skintone - Tbleague female bodies' suntan colour -- has it changed again?  411

Now, I realize the difference is rather subtle, and perhaps it is just a normal variation between batches... but as anyone who has tried to match headsculpts with bodies will understand that sometimes even a slight colour difference can be noticeable.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm not particularly good at color subtlety, being partially color-blind (when it comes to distinguishing some shades of blue and green). That said, I think they are very close. It is possible there is a very slight difference (perhaps due to unintentional inconsistency between color batches), but I'm not even sure if I can tell which is which. The one on the (camera) left appears to be ever so slightly darker to me.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yeah, it's not a huge deal. It may not even be an actual change so much as a slight difference between batches. Or maybe the 'blushing' on the newer one is more pronounced, I don't know.  But I thought I was going crazy the other day, and had to check again to be sure.

ETA: that being said, there's enough of a difference between them in person that it did affect the compatibility with some headsculpts, so perhaps worth mentioning in case anyone else has the same issue.

nhwioz

nhwioz
Because you wrote it, I can see a color difference in some photos. Without your comment I would not have noticed the difference. You have the body in front of your eyes and recognize the difference better.

I have not detected any significant color differences with S12D, S25B, S27B and S29B. The same with S10D, 24A and 26A. Maybe there are minor differences, I can not see them. The color difference between pale and suntan is recognizable. But I am sure, no body is pink. I bought all the body in China in the last 1-5 months.

A little pink would fit better to the head (Body S25B):

tbleague skintone - Tbleague female bodies' suntan colour -- has it changed again?  Dsc07216
https://flic.kr/p/2hPtaee

If you want then we can swap the body without feet. I do not take the damn shoes off and on again. It took me each 30-45 minutes to put 4 pairs damn of shoes on 4 bodysuits (8 damn feet)! Crying or Very sad  A total of 240 - 360 minutes for all! I do not remember, it was an eternity! Evil or Very Mad

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for your input, nhwioz! I'm glad your colours have been consistent. I do think it might just be a slight variation between batches or something, so hopefully nothing to worry about.

And thank you for the offer of the swap, I will try to make the one I have work for now by exchanging the clothing with the other, but if seems to be an issue later on I will let you know. Smile

Regarding your struggles with fitting the feet into the shoes... how frustrating! But I understand, I struggle with certain types of 1/6 footwear, as well. I'm presuming you must have tried heating the feet and shoes before fitting them? I haven't tried to put high heel shoes on any of mine yet, as all my current characters wear boots, but I can imagine that is tricky. Heat should help a bit, unless perhaps the foot really is just too big or the wrong shape for the shoe. As much as I dislike Kumik bodies, I will say one thing for them -- the fact that they come with the option of extra-soft rubber feet is VERY useful, and I have definitely made use of those at times, switching them out for the tbleague feet in certain footwear.

Likewise, if you struggle to get the suits onto their legs, sometimes leaving the feet *on* while putting the pant legs of the suit on can help slide them over the difficult ankle area. You can then take the feet off afterward. But I find keeping the feet on while doing that helps a little. Maybe you already tried that though! Smile

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I'm late to this thread but yes, it's true!

I first noticed it with the 28/29 bodies (I think I even mentioned it in my review), but since then I've got a couple of newer 23s that are also noticably pinker. The mouldings are subtly different on the 23s too, the waist is subtly thicker (but also more flexible) and the derriere is noticably larger and more shapely than before.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh, ok, so I’m not going totally crazy then! Thanks! Very Happy

And lol, I’d just commented on the other thread about the 23b — because I don’t own any of those, I hadn’t noticed it, but I’ll take your word for it. Maybe they read my complaints that it didn’t look ‘womanly’ enough. Laughing

Diana

Diana
GeeWillikers wrote:I'm late to this thread but yes, it's true!

I first noticed it with the 28/29 bodies (I think I even mentioned it in my review), but since then I've got a couple of newer 23s that are also noticably pinker. The mouldings are subtly different on the 23s too, the waist is subtly thicker (but also more flexible) and the derriere is noticably larger and more shapely than before.

Any chance of a side-by-side for an old and a new S23B?
The lack of exactly those curves is what keeps me from buying one (though I love my 1st gen Painkiller Jane).

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
AerynDiana wrote:Any chance of a side-by-side for an old and a new S23B?
The lack of exactly those curves is what keeps me from buying one (though I love my 1st gen Painkiller Jane).

Yep I can do a comparison shoot, but not until after the weekend unfortunately (visiting relative's kids running around so I've had to lock my whole collection away safe from little fingers).

The difference in skintones is very subtle, and while its obvious in-hand not always picked up by the camera. The physical differences between editions of the 23 are quite plain, side-by-side.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Glad to know that it’s just the photos that don’t illustrate the difference all that well. In person the ‘pink’ aspect is very apparent, especially is certain , erm, areas. ;p

Re: the 23b - for what it’s worth, the Painkiller Jane is one of the few figures that I really like the muscle body on! : )

My biggest problem isn’t the muscles, but rather the fact that the hips seem way too slender , especially with the rather huge thighs. Looks so odd to me, more like comic book or exaggerated body builder than natural woman shape. But then I dislike the male ‘Arnie’ bodies for similar reasons... ;p

Curious to see the pics, Gee! : )

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
skywalkersaga wrote:My biggest problem isn’t the muscles, but rather the fact that the hips seem way too slender , especially with the rather huge thighs. Looks so odd to me, more like comic book or exaggerated body builder than natural woman shape. But then I dislike the male ‘Arnie’ bodies for similar reasons... ;p

I think you may be pleased by the new design tweak then  Smile

tbleague skintone - Tbleague female bodies' suntan colour -- has it changed again?  S-l1600
tbleague skintone - Tbleague female bodies' suntan colour -- has it changed again?  S-l1600

As I say over on the Arhian thread - your best bet for getting one of these for now is in a full set or parted-out from one, as many sellers will still be getting through their stock of the older untweaked design of the base bodies, making trying to buy one that way a gamble you may not care to take.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Interesting -- thanks for that! Definitely has a more prominent arse. Smile 

Also to me it looks more like the pinker skintone, too...

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
skywalkersaga wrote:Interesting -- thanks for that! Definitely has a more prominent arse. Smile 

Also to me it looks more like the pinker skintone, too...

I've noticed that while the hips actually look no wider than before, the waist is a little less narrow, which together with the larger bum makes the thighs appear a little less gargantuan  Smile . It's an interesting and effective optical illusion.

All the usual musculature is still there, but I think it's less defined in the mould (if that makes sense) which makes the body appear a little smoother and more feminine overall, while still looking toned and muscular. And I'm not 100% certain without a side-by-side, but there may also be slightly more shape/curve to the lower legs.

It is indeed the new pinker tone, and a very good match for it's respective (Arhian) head.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Gah, more double-posting!

I'll hold off for a while, must be a glitch at my end.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GeeWillikers wrote:Gah, more double-posting!

I'll hold off for a while, must be a glitch at my end.

Sometimes it’s just a matter of browser speed. Make your post, and then be patient as it loads. I’ve had that issue a few times myself; clearing browser history and cache usually gets rid of it. As the poster, you should be able to go in and delete any duplicate posts under “Edit” mode. I took care of the others for you.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

tbleague skintone - Tbleague female bodies' suntan colour -- has it changed again?  C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the photos, and any additional ones. I wonder why they simply didn't release the updated body under a new number, instead causing potential confusion. I'm not surprised they are capable of confusing us (changing skintones but using the same names for them, for example), but this should have been an easy thing to think of.

Diana

Diana
GubernatorFan wrote:Thanks for the photos, and any additional ones. I wonder why they simply didn't release the updated body under a new number, instead causing potential confusion. I'm not surprised they are capable of confusing us (changing skintones but using the same names for them, for example), but this should have been an easy thing to think of.
Yeah, they don't seem to have the mind for it. The numbering should also be S28A, S28B etc, with the number standing for the mould and the letter standing for the color. Instead their numbering makes it very easy to assume that they are different models entirely. They started doing it right with the first 1/12 body, but didn't stick with it.

Diana

Diana
GeeWillikers wrote:
AerynDiana wrote:Any chance of a side-by-side for an old and a new S23B?

Yep I can do a comparison shoot, but not until after the weekend unfortunately (visiting relative's kids running around so I've had to lock my whole collection away safe from little fingers).

The difference in skintones is very subtle, and while its obvious in-hand not always picked up by the camera. The physical differences between editions of the 23 are quite plain, side-by-side.

That would be awesome! And no rush. Wink

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Here are the comparison shots as promised (these photos will obviously be teetering over the edge of NSFW, by the way).

OK, so the natural light here has been appalling lately, and getting decent shots under any conditions has been extremely difficult. So the colour difference between these three 23bs still isn't really coming across anything like as well in the photos as it does in-hand, but if you look carefully you can see it.  I've picked out an original muddy-grey tan [left], a lighter tan second edition [middle], and the quite distinct latest 'pink' edition [right]. This particular pink edition is from the latest Arhian figure by the way but I did also obtain another as a base body recently. The stockings on 'pinky' are covering some ugly indentations on the legs from it's costume, but hopefully there's enough skin on display to illustrate the differences.

So here goes:

tbleague skintone - Tbleague female bodies' suntan colour -- has it changed again?  DSCN8277

The differences are subtle, but 'pinky' on the right has a larger, fuller butt, broader waist, and less defined back-muscle toning. More obvious in the side shots below:

tbleague skintone - Tbleague female bodies' suntan colour -- has it changed again?  DSCN8278

tbleague skintone - Tbleague female bodies' suntan colour -- has it changed again?  DSCN8279

tbleague skintone - Tbleague female bodies' suntan colour -- has it changed again?  DSCN8289

And 'pinky's' waist is a little more flexible (I have two of these 'pink' editions and this is no fluke).

tbleague skintone - Tbleague female bodies' suntan colour -- has it changed again?  DSCN8307

These are the major differences, the front of the body is more or less the same, perhaps slightly less defined like the back muscles.

It's all very subtle and most of the skintone difference is hard to capture in such poor lighting, unfortunately.

I'll pop a more detailed photo of the Arhian 'pinky' head and body in it's own respective thread for those interested.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the photo. There are some differences, but you're right, fairly subtle.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
GubernatorFan wrote:Thanks for the photo. There are some differences, but you're right, fairly subtle.

Yeah, as I say it's hard to capture the colouring, but as discussed above the mould/build differences are probably too minimal to earn it a different model number. I am confident that these are deliberate design tweaks, however, so they should eventually overtake the older version once the older stock clears.

Diana

Diana
Wow! Thank you for those great photos!
I'm... actually not sure I like the changes... I'm not worried about the color change, but that new butt looks ridiculous to me. Looks like silicone implants.
So me thinks that's the perfect excuse to quickly go and buy another S23! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum