OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS: 1/6 European beauty star head carving [A, B, C, D, 4 models] [GC034]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GacToys - NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS: 1/6 European beauty star head carving [A, B, C, D, 4 models] [GC034] 11042
GacToys - NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS: 1/6 European beauty star head carving [A, B, C, D, 4 models] [GC034] 2467
GacToys - NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS: 1/6 European beauty star head carving [A, B, C, D, 4 models] [GC034] 313
GacToys - NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS: 1/6 European beauty star head carving [A, B, C, D, 4 models] [GC034] 4292
GacToys - NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS: 1/6 European beauty star head carving [A, B, C, D, 4 models] [GC034] 5281
GacToys - NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS: 1/6 European beauty star head carving [A, B, C, D, 4 models] [GC034] 6269
GacToys - NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS: 1/6 European beauty star head carving [A, B, C, D, 4 models] [GC034] 7260
GacToys - NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS: 1/6 European beauty star head carving [A, B, C, D, 4 models] [GC034] 8244
GacToys - NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS: 1/6 European beauty star head carving [A, B, C, D, 4 models] [GC034] 9230
GacToys - NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS: 1/6 European beauty star head carving [A, B, C, D, 4 models] [GC034] 10214

The following 4 photos are taken with the phone

GacToys - NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS: 1/6 European beauty star head carving [A, B, C, D, 4 models] [GC034] 11206
GacToys - NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS: 1/6 European beauty star head carving [A, B, C, D, 4 models] [GC034] 12190
GacToys - NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS: 1/6 European beauty star head carving [A, B, C, D, 4 models] [GC034] 13176
GacToys - NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS: 1/6 European beauty star head carving [A, B, C, D, 4 models] [GC034] 14158

#newproduct #GACToys #Beauty #female #headsculpt #accessory #actress-based

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
She looks familiar but I'm blanking out... Gal Gadot? Not bad, but maybe not the best either -- the expression is just specific enough to either work or get in the way. But it is always nice to have options.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
The scalpless profile is definitely Gadot.
Can't believe they didn't offer a version with long, wavy black hair. They already have those with their Asian heads!

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
The sculpt itself is nicely crafted, but... I dunno, what is it with these Gal Gadot heads? The face just seems... oversized, somehow, none of those hairstyles look right with it. Her face just seems to loom large out from under the hair. I don't want to sound like I'm picking on her, but it isn't that it's this particular model, either - I've got another, different 'big-faced'  Smile  GG sculpt.

DISCLAIMER: Of course here it could just be a bit of awful photoshopping. If they offered the face part on it's own then I'd happily scout around for some suitable voluminous hair.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Some faces are just really hard to capture in 1/6 scale, I think. Note the gazillions of Polaris sculpts, none of which seem to accurately reflect the actress. ;p

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Yeah true, it's hard enough to define what makes a face attractive in the flesh to each individual eye, never mind try and capture it in a sculpt.

Cobratrooper11

Cobratrooper11
this is the best Gal we have had yet IMHO, and that says alot about the others. we will have to see if the in hand is any good. might get one if it's good enough.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
There's a beautiful Gal Gadot Wonder Woman sculpt by Sean Dabbs, which is made specifically to accommodate rooted hair being added to it. Though of course that is a custom and not really fair to compare to mass produced ones, but I thought I'd mention as it's prob one of the better sculpts of her that I've encountered, at least.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
GeeWillikers wrote:The sculpt itself is nicely crafted, but... I dunno, what is it with these Gal Gadot heads? The face just seems... oversized, somehow, none of those hairstyles look right with it. Her face just seems to loom large out from under the hair. I don't want to sound like I'm picking on her, but it isn't that it's this particular model, either - I've got another, different 'big-faced'  Smile  GG sculpt.

DISCLAIMER: Of course here it could just be a bit of awful photoshopping. If they offered the face part on it's own then I'd happily scout around for some suitable voluminous hair.

I agree the face looks oversized with those hairstyles. Maybe the sculptor designed it to be proportioned to the larger HT WW bodies, to be a suitable replacement to the unflattering HT sculpt.

I received the GAC-024C (Anne Hathaway) and the hair scalp came off as it wasn't glued to the head and I had to use adhesive putty.
Not sure its just a fluke but i'm pretty sure you won't have any difficulty prying off the haired scalp from GAC heads.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
rollotomasi wrote:
GeeWillikers wrote:The sculpt itself is nicely crafted, but... I dunno, what is it with these Gal Gadot heads? The face just seems... oversized, somehow, none of those hairstyles look right with it. Her face just seems to loom large out from under the hair. I don't want to sound like I'm picking on her, but it isn't that it's this particular model, either - I've got another, different 'big-faced'  Smile  GG sculpt.

I agree the face looks oversized with those hairstyles. Maybe the sculptor designed it to be proportioned to the larger HT WW bodies, to be a suitable replacement to the unflattering HT sculpt.

I received the GAC-024C (Anne Hathaway) and the hair scalp came off as it wasn't glued to the head and I had to use adhesive putty.
Not sure its just a fluke but i'm pretty sure you won't have any difficulty prying off the haired scalp from GAC heads.

Looking at the pics again, it looks more and more like badly-proportioned cut'n' paste photoshop - the hairstyles are common to other GAC sculpts, so it seems they just 'shopped the pics of the face onto some other older promo shots they already had lying around, without getting the size ratios exactly right.

That makes this one definitely one to wait for in-hand photos of before buying, I think.

I'm not entirely put off, because I like the actual face itself and I quite like GAC's products usually, so I'll wait and see.

navetsea

I'm not sure if this is Gal Gadot or lady Gaga

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
rollotomasi wrote:I received the GAC-024C (Anne Hathaway) and the hair scalp came off as it wasn't glued to the head and I had to use adhesive putty.

I think I received the same Anne head, and I can confirm that the haired scalp is quite easily removable, I imagine on purpose.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Yeah, I can see Gal there now she's mentioned, but I was stumped at first sight.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
There's a seller's own pic of one of these up on Ebay and it looks much better than the promo pic.

GacToys - NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS: 1/6 European beauty star head carving [A, B, C, D, 4 models] [GC034] S-l1600

Definitely poorly-scaled photoshopping in those promo pics above, if you ask me.

Diana

Diana
Wow, that does look gorgeous. Very real. Great find!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh wow, that's reallly nice looking in-hand. I'm super tempted, now!

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
That seller's pics tend to make sculpts look a little washed-out and overly-yellowish if I remember rightly, and GAC sculpts tend to be more on the pink-ish side in the 'flesh', so take that into consideration.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yeah, good point to bear in mind. Though for me, skintone is very rarely an issue since more often than not I tend to be scouting for potential SW alien ladies, so most heads I pick up will end up (drastically) repainted in some way. ;p

The hardest thing for me when it comes to choosing heads for my projects seems to be finding heads that not only have the right face shape for what I want, but that also have at least some slight ‘expression’ to the eyes and mouth that will give them a bit of character. But not *too* specific (or silly) an expression to limit versatility, either. So whenever I see something that has that, it definitely piques my interest.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

She does look good, maybe good for a Diana Prince more than a full on WW though.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
GeeWillikers wrote:There's a seller's own pic of one of these up on Ebay and it looks much better than the promo pic.

Definitely poorly-scaled photoshopping in those promo pics above, if you ask me.

GORGEOUS!!!
Question now is what hair style best complements the resemblance... B or D?
I wish D's hair was much darker.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum