OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE LORD OF THE RING SERIES: ELROND (Product ID: LOTR024)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The ELROND Sixth Scaled Figure features:
Authentic and detailed fully realistic likeness of Elrond from The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
• Asmus Toys  KP+ 1.0 male body
• Approximately 30 cm tall
• Over 32 points of articulation
Features:
• One pair of relaxed posture hands
• One pair of weapon holding hands
• One pair of fist posture hands

Special features on Clothing:
• One pair of blue sleeved blazer
. One pair of green pattern long underpants.
• One pair of green patterned long underpants
• One green patterned waist wrap
• One pair of long sleeved chainmail
• One dark blue cape

Special features in armor:
• One full body elvish armor including shoulder pieces
• One pair of forearm bands
• One pair of elvish armor waist wrap
• One pair of  boots (enhanced ankle joint)

Special features in weapons:
• One Hadhafang (die-cast)
• One scabbard including belt

Accessories:
• One Asmus Toys figure stand

Est. Shipping Date:  January 2020

Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE LORD OF THE RING SERIES: ELROND (Product ID: LOTR024) Eld00110
Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE LORD OF THE RING SERIES: ELROND (Product ID: LOTR024) Eld00210
Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE LORD OF THE RING SERIES: ELROND (Product ID: LOTR024) Eld00310
Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE LORD OF THE RING SERIES: ELROND (Product ID: LOTR024) Eld00410
Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE LORD OF THE RING SERIES: ELROND (Product ID: LOTR024) Eld10010
Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE LORD OF THE RING SERIES: ELROND (Product ID: LOTR024) Eld10110
Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE LORD OF THE RING SERIES: ELROND (Product ID: LOTR024) Eld10210
Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE LORD OF THE RING SERIES: ELROND (Product ID: LOTR024) Eld10410
Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE LORD OF THE RING SERIES: ELROND (Product ID: LOTR024) Eld10510
Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE LORD OF THE RING SERIES: ELROND (Product ID: LOTR024) Eld10610
Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE LORD OF THE RING SERIES: ELROND (Product ID: LOTR024) Eld10810
Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE LORD OF THE RING SERIES: ELROND (Product ID: LOTR024) Eld10910
Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE LORD OF THE RING SERIES: ELROND (Product ID: LOTR024) Eld11010
Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE LORD OF THE RING SERIES: ELROND (Product ID: LOTR024) Exclus10

#newproduct #AsmusCollectibles #Elrond #LordoftheRings #male #fantasy #movie

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Hmmmm..... not too sure about this one. The armour is pretty nice, but the headsculpt... why oh why does it look like an older Hugo Weaving instead of an early 2000's Hugh Weaving??? No  Elrond may be be 'half-Elven', but he was granted the choice between his lineages and chose immortality, so he is for all intents and purposes an immortal Elven lord and shouldn't be ageing the way a human would. ;p

If it were easier to find Asmus products parted out, I'd consider picking up some of the armour to do a custom figure of a Silmarillion character at some point.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

shazzdan

shazzdan
I'm not sure either. It definitely looks like Hugo Weaving, but not as he looked in the movie. Here is a screen shot with the armour.
Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE LORD OF THE RING SERIES: ELROND (Product ID: LOTR024) Elrond_spear

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Yeah, there’s definitely something off about the armour too, I don’t remember the floral green fabric at all!

The best photo I can find of him in his armour shows it very differently.

https://images.app.goo.gl/4gYPgxb4XehJb7sy9

I’m also really curious to see how they dealt with the transition between sculpted and rooted hair; conveniently none of the photos show the back of the head...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
You are right, the green fabric is very odd. I also feel like the body seems weirdly bulky and not as slim as LotR Elrond. I never saw the later Hobbit movies so I wondered if they were basing it on that instead or something. Frustrating, as even though he's not a 'major' character in the LotR films, he's an important character in Tolkien's Legendarium as a whole, and his story spans all three of the main 'Ages' of Middle-Earth.

shazzdan

shazzdan
Elrond was the son of Eärendil, who was the son of Tuor. These people were tall and muscular, not slim like DnD elves.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Christine, all those shots in that link are from The Hobbit; the armor was a bit different in LOTR. The thing that is a bit off about the face is it’s a bit too wide for Hugo.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE LORD OF THE RING SERIES: ELROND (Product ID: LOTR024) C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yes, the face does look a bit off. Perhaps it is too wide; perhaps the hair is a bit too receded; but I do think Sky is right that he looks just a little too old. It's still a pretty tempting set, and I'm glad they went with "real" hair this time.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The hair is combination, like Arwen. Sculpted on top, real on the back.

Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE LORD OF THE RING SERIES: ELROND (Product ID: LOTR024) C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:The hair is combination, like Arwen. Sculpted on top, real on the back.

No kidding, you're right; I see that now that you mentioned it. Good strand sculpting and color match.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Updated with more pics. $205 USD (includes shipping - direct from Asmus website).

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
shazzdan wrote:Elrond was the son of Eärendil, who was the son of Tuor. These people were tall and muscular, not slim like DnD elves.

Yes, I am well aware of this fact. He was also descended from one of the Maiar, aka Melian, so he was part angelic being as well. Razz None of that has any bearing on what I was saying, though -- since this figure is based on the film version, I was referring to how Hugo Weaving looked in the first LotR movie.  He was a bit slimmer than the way this figure looks, imo. Of course it could just be the angle/pose/armour making it appear that way.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum