OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER JET TROOPER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Star Wars fans worldwide are anxiously waiting for the release of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. In this ultimate episode of the epic Skywalker saga, a group of specialized Stormtroopers of the First Order, called the Jet Troopers will soar into battle equipped with agile rocket packs.

Today, Hot Toys is delighted to present the new masked enforcers of the Galactic Empire – Jet Trooper in 1/6th scale collectible figure to get fans ready for the upcoming adventure!
The highly accurate collectible figure is specially crafted based on the image of a First Order Jet Trooper in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. This specialized trooper features a newly refined helmet and armor, highly detailed jetpack, beautifully tailored fabric under-suit, highly-detailed weapon, and a specially designed figure stand.

Don’t pass up on the opportunity to add these troops to your collection of a galaxy far far away!
SPECIFICATIONS
PRODUCT CODEMMS561
PRODUCT NAMEJET TROOPER
HEIGHTAPPROXIMATELY 31 CM TALL
POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS30
SPECIAL FEATURESNEWLY DESIGNED AND FINELY CRAFTED JET TROOPER ARMOR, A BLASTER
ARTISTSHEAD SCULPTED BY N/A. FIGURE PAINTED BY LOK HO
HEAD PAINTED BY N/A. FIGURE ART DIRECTED BY JC. HONG
HEAD ART DIRECTED BY N/A.

The 1/6th scale Jet Trooper Collectible Figure specially features:

- Authentic and detailed likeness of Jet Trooper in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
- Newly developed helmet with fine details
- Approximately 31 cm tall
- Body with over 30 points of articulations
- Seven (7) pieces of interchangeable gloved hands including:
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of relaxed hands
- One (1) pair of hands for holding blaster
- One (1) open left hand

Costume:
- One (1) newly designed and finely crafted Jet Trooper armor
- One (1) newly developed black colored and multi textured fabric under-suit
- One (1) jetpack
- One (1) white colored belt
- One (1) pair of white boots

Weapon:
- One (1) blaster

Accessory:
- Specially designed dynamic figure stand with character nameplate and Star Wars logo

Artists:
- Figure Painted by Lok Ho
- Figure Art Directed by JC. Hong

Release date: Approximately Q4,2020 – Q1,2021

**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Product details could be subjected to change without further notice

© & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.
© 2019 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER JET TROOPER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 11049
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER JET TROOPER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 2474
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER JET TROOPER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 3329
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER JET TROOPER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 4298
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER JET TROOPER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 5287
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER JET TROOPER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 6275
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER JET TROOPER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 7266
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER JET TROOPER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 8250
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER JET TROOPER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 9236
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER JET TROOPER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 10221
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER JET TROOPER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 11213
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER JET TROOPER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 12197
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER JET TROOPER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 13183
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER JET TROOPER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 14165
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER JET TROOPER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 15151

#newproduct #HotToys #StarWars #RiseofSkywalker #JetTrooper #Sci-Fi #movie

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Oh I will totally pass on getting these. Even if I did see the movie and even if I managed to like it (both of these things being doubtful, considering what's been going on with the franchise -- I can't speak to any of the Mandalorian stuff, which I have not yet seen). This looks to me like someone took a Predator and translated it into Sequel Trilogy style by taking inspiration from the ugliest space-age designs utilized by snobby overpriced proprietary companies for the likes of speakers and routers and cameras. It is not Hot Toys' fault that one of their most profitable franchises is making such poor choices, but I suspect that the inevitable Hot Toys price point will also discourage all but the most diehard fans from getting such things. Of course, to each his own...

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
No idea what you are on about, I like the design. The Helmet is not so much Predator inspired, but more inspired by Samurai gear, like almost all helmets in Star Wars. I dont mind how he looks at all, its a solid design.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Like I said, to each his own. This is what I see:
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER JET TROOPER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Duprst10

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
Thats a bit of a stretch tho, the First order Stormtrooper helmets are based on Ralph McQuarries original design/concept art, and I dont see the Predator connection to be honest, the helmet filters dont look anything like the maw of a Predator.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ralph McQuarrie's original stormtrooper; the costume people working for Lucasfilm specifically stated that this is what they had to work from, and what we got was largely their creation, inspired by it: B. Alinger, Star Wars Costumes: The Original Trilogy, San Francisco, 2014: 28-31. McQuarrie's design was clearly altered, yet much closer to the classic Stormtrooper than the iDuck version and its derivatives.

movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER JET TROOPER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Starwars8

By the way, you mentioned inspiration from Japanese Samurai, etc. There was plenty of that, just not showing in the original stormtrooper design (unlike Vader, naval guards, snowtroopers, where it does). Speaking of which, really cool takes on that (bringing it back to a Japanese style) are provided by the Bandai Tamashii Nations Movie Realizations line, without claiming to be the real Star Wars, for example:
https://www.amazon.com/Tamashii-Nations-Realization-Ashigaru-Stormtrooper/dp/B01M0CRVCP

movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER JET TROOPER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 51J9EBawyYL

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I think it looks like an insect, myself.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER JET TROOPER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:I think it looks like an insect, myself.

Certainly, or an arthropod anyway (including insects, crustaceans, arachnids, etc).

Off-topic: I was looking for some illustrations and came across this for you. A supposed mermaid skeleton in Denmark...

movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER JET TROOPER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 7d91ebc5b7e88028ba5219de65466c9b

Also, look at the bat below ... doesn't it remind you of one or two Star Wars aliens? Smile

movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER JET TROOPER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Ea69dce69e3131a2a4d0bb8392da09f7

https://brightside.me/wonder-curiosities/24-nightmarish-sights-you-can-find-behind-a-danger-sign-587360/?image=4459610&utm_campaign=art-images-share#image4459610

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cool. A mermaid skeleton — if that were real, I’d buy a yacht tomorrow to go looking for a live one. Jeez, that bat is creepy AF. It does remind me of that camel-headed alien in Jabba’s palace. I looked at the pictures in that link — I am NEVER going in the ocean again (as if my absolute fear of sharks didn’t already kill that).

movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER JET TROOPER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE C8485110

Ovy

Ovy
I don't know why I click on these threads because the are always spoilerung trooper designs beforehand. xD (like the red one)

But I think it's quite an interesting design, especially the helmet. Weathered and with a cape/poncho would be cooler of course. Let's see how much Screentime they get and how easily they are defeated, like stormtrooper tradition requires.

shazzdan

shazzdan
One thing I like about the Mandalorian is that weapon blasts actually get stopped by armour.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Cool. A mermaid skeleton — if that were real, I’d buy a yacht tomorrow to go looking for a live one. Jeez, that bat is creepy AF. It does remind me of that camel-headed alien in Jabba’s palace. I looked at the pictures in that link — I am NEVER going in the ocean again (as if my absolute fear of sharks didn’t already kill that).

LOL. Bikers have fears!? Yes, some very creepy things live there...

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:Cool. A mermaid skeleton — if that were real, I’d buy a yacht tomorrow to go looking for a live one. Jeez, that bat is creepy AF. It does remind me of that camel-headed alien in Jabba’s palace. I looked at the pictures in that link — I am NEVER going in the ocean again (as if my absolute fear of sharks didn’t already kill that).

LOL. Bikers have fears!? Yes, some very creepy things live there...

Weird, huh...

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

If nothing else, it's nice to see the costume department continuing the tradition of using Harrier parts for models.

MerylAkiba

I feel like this should of came as a set with the Tread speeder trooper. These guys are like Wile E coyote...The movie was... ugh...Can we start a separate StarWars page thread about this movie? There are a lot of issues to address.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum