OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TBLeague / Phicen M35 updated (photo heavy)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Stryker, don't you know better than riling up DFC? Smile
I wish I could report to you on how the Conan pants fit on M35 (if at all), but I did not attempt this look. The one photo above that looks like he is wearing them (based on how he appeared in that scene in the film) is purposefully cropped so that you can't see that he's not wearing those pants. After lacing up the boots and everything, I really didn't feel like undoing everything to try getting these pants on. That does not mean they don't fit. I know they did fit on M34, though I don't recall how easily.
PS: I am assuming you are referring to the pants that came with the first barbarian fantasy warrior from Kaustic Plastik.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Yep. I should have known better than to feed Chung’s pervy side. Very Happy

And yes, I’m referring to the Kaustic pants; it was a tight fit even on the 34, the 35 would probably require some serious work, and a lot of swearing, to get them on over those thighs.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:And yes, I’m referring to the Kaustic pants; it was a tight fit even on the 34, the 35 would probably require some serious work, and a lot of swearing, to get them on over those thighs.

Patience and swearing seem to be two of the most important tools for our hobby. Smile

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
GubernatorFan wrote:
ReverendSpooky wrote:Damn man, that's a hell of a review.  I loved all the pics.  Not only were they a ton of fun, but really show off the versatility of this body.  And seeing it side by side, you really do show the difference from the M34.  I think I need to swap my Conan out to the M35, and then the old M34 will go to a custom Thor I want to do.  And I'll definitely need one of these for a truly hulking wastelander.  

Thank you very much, ReverendSpooky! Glad you liked it. Conan does look better with an M35 (though technically M34 wasn't under-muscled for him), but why doesn't Thor deserve one too (I assume you saw my Set 6 of the first posting above). Without being completely perfect, these super flexible seamless bodies are pretty damn awesome. Smile

What's up GubernatorFan, you getting a cut of those M35 sales!? Lol. Razz

No, I really do love all of the phicen stuff, and they've been a real game changer for me. And like you said, the M34 isn't necessarily under muscled. I think the M35 just conveys even more intensity. For Thor, he's huge, but he's a god, so a lot of his strength is kinda magical. And he's a bit laid back in a lot of ways, until he needs to get serious. But for Conan, a huge part of his character is just this crazy intensity. Howard always described him like a giant jungle cat, tense and ready to strike. So I think that the M35 more conveys that tense, rippling physique, in a way that isn't as necessary on Thor, or at least not in the same way.

http://reverendspooky.com

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ReverendSpooky wrote:What's up GubernatorFan, you getting a cut of those M35 sales!?  Lol.  Razz

Alas, no. I have no contact/influence with or rewards from TBLeague. If I did, I might have seen to more improvements and variations. Smile

But, yes, if you are keeping to just one M34 and one M35, I can't fault your logic. I couldn't stop at one. And since I will be trying out color modification on actual bodies soon, I think I need to get even more.

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
GubernatorFan wrote:I couldn't stop at one.

--

No kidding.

When it comes to PHICEN / TBLeague, no one can stop at just one.

M34, M35, and female seamless bodies: "Please.  Please.  Can we be put back into our boxes?  It's so boring just being displayed nude on the computer desk without any clothing."

Me: "Silence!  You'll just stay as is and like it!"

Wink Razz

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
DFC, please! Someone's going to get the wrong idea and go after you. And us. LOL

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
GubernatorFan wrote:
ReverendSpooky wrote:What's up GubernatorFan, you getting a cut of those M35 sales!?  Lol.  Razz

Alas, no. I have no contact/influence with or rewards from TBLeague. If I did, I might have seen to more improvements and variations. Smile

But, yes, if you are keeping to just one M34 and one M35, I can't fault your logic. I couldn't stop at one. And since I will be trying out color modification on actual bodies soon, I think I need to get even more.

Yeah, I had to tease just a bit. And Phicen has already answered my 1/6 prayers with the new smaller bodies, so I can finally replace those terrible OE bodies I have. After that, I feel like I've lost the right to complain about them ever again as far as what else I'd like. And that probably won't be my last M34 or M35. But I totally think they both have their uses.

http://reverendspooky.com

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
My only complaints and criticisms for PHICEN / TBLeague is as follows.

1. Bigger and longer junk pieces for all male seamless bodies and make sure the skin tone matches the bodies.

2. Ethnic (i.e. African American, Hispanic, etc.) female and male bodies with applicable "details" top and bottom.

3. Consistency in "details" across all female and male bodies (i.e. no more no nipples or lack of details down there on base female bodies).

4. Keep prices and quality consistent and reasonable.

5. No more string bikini panties and tops with female bodies, but more standardized bras and panties (i.e. bikini, tanga, etc.).

6. Offer some head sculpt reissues from prior offerings.

7. Improved / re-designed ankles.

8. Bring back the old suntan skin tone damn it!

9. Possibly offer good detailed 1:6 "merkins" for female bodies to appease those who want a natural look down there instead of bare.

That's about it.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
DeltaForceChung wrote:My only complaints and criticisms for PHICEN / TBLeague is as follows.

1. Bigger and longer junk pieces for all male seamless bodies and make sure the skin tone matches the bodies.

2. Ethnic (i.e. African American, Hispanic, etc.) female and male bodies with applicable "details" top and bottom.

3. Consistency in "details" across all female and male bodies (i.e. no more no nipples or lack of details down there on base female bodies).

4. Keep prices and quality consistent and reasonable.

5. No more string bikini panties and tops with female bodies, but more standardized bras and panties (i.e. bikini, tanga, etc.).

6. Offer some head sculpt reissues from prior offerings.

7. Improved / re-designed ankles.

8. Bring back the old suntan skin tone damn it!

9. Possibly offer good detailed 1:6 "merkins" for female bodies to appease those who want a natural look down there instead of bare.

That's about it.

Overall, very reasonable.
No comment on 1.
Completely agree on 2 and 3 (and I hope you mean both in sculpt and paint).
4 -- I think their prices have been fairly consistent (whether it is low is a different matter), and their quality has been improving.
5 -- I agree, although I think they may be going away from providing any basic clothing (judging by the M35 body).
6 -- they have recycled head sculpts in boxed sets and people are complaining; or do you mean provide them with the base bodies (the way HT used to do); that would be nice but it would increase the price.
7 -- better feet (cut around the ankle) for the female figures would be advisable, yes. And I would add give the male figures bent-toe feet too.
8 -- yes, or how about the actual plain tan?
No comment on 9 (though not unreasonable; but then why not also provide some removable/attachable chest hair for the guys?). I guess I commented after all. See what you make me do? Smile

MarkEl

DeltaForceChung wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:The 35 is going full nude (junk and all) for Lady Death’s plaything.

--

I salute the M35.

Given Lady Death is a personification of "death", etc.

I suspect the M35 will go down rigid and stiff while he expires while turning rigid and stiff and with a smile on his face.

Just like praying mantises mating huh?  He loses his head but propagates the species.  All worth it I’m sure.

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
GubernatorFan wrote:Overall, very reasonable.
No comment on 1.
Completely agree on 2 and 3 (and I hope you mean both in sculpt and paint).
4 -- I think their prices have been fairly consistent (whether it is low is a different matter), and their quality has been improving.
5 -- I agree, although I think they may be going away from providing any basic clothing (judging by the M35 body).
6 -- they have recycled head sculpts in boxed sets and people are complaining; or do you mean provide them with the base bodies (the way HT used to do); that would be nice but it would increase the price.
7 -- better feet (cut around the ankle) for the female figures would be advisable, yes. And I would add give the male figures bent-toe feet too.
8 -- yes, or how about the actual plain tan?
No comment on 9 (though not unreasonable; but then why not also provide some removable/attachable chest hair for the guys?). I guess I commented after all. See what you make me do? Smile

--

AW . . . come on.

1. Why not comment on #1? You heard the saying . . . bigger and longer and uncut is better?

9. As all can read / see, I'm definitely all for bush and in the bush league.

I forgot one more thing.

10. A bit more "depth" on the derrière of female and male bodies? WHY? Hard to explain so I'll use this picture to convey my point.

seamless - TBLeague / Phicen M35 updated (photo heavy) - Page 3 Region10

Thank you. Thank you. I'm a regular here all week. Be sure to tip the lovely cigarette girl courtesy of Stryker2011.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Oh DFC... well, the Ancient Egyptians would have agreed (look at their temples and pyramids). The Ancient Greeks, on the other hand, always ready to turn one of their shortcomings into a virtue and vice versa, declared that large male endowment resembled that of monkeys and was therefore a bad thing.

MarkEl

I'm not opposed to the idea of detachable merkins either.   There's an entrepreneurial idea there for an Etsy seller.   'Go wild with the 1970's' style'.  

Body hair is interesting on figures.  I have both the WorldBox AT-08 and AT-12.  They really improved the look of body hair between the versions although the 08 wasn't bad on its own right.  I've noticed that Soldier Story does a big shading patch on a couple of their figures to do the illusion of chest hair in an abstract way.  

Definitely a DFC inspired topic!  Pandora's Box so to speak.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
MarkEl wrote: Pandora's Box so to speak.

Shocked Exclamation Embarassed Twisted Evil

He who dies with the most toys wins!

seamless - TBLeague / Phicen M35 updated (photo heavy) - Page 3 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think DFC has to pick a new custom title for his profile... something with inciting or enabling would be more apt than janitorial duties. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yep. Definitely Franko for Chung.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Well, my M35 arrived yesterday, and I finally had time to get him prepped the way he's going to be displayed. This one's for the ladies (sort of)...

seamless - TBLeague / Phicen M35 updated (photo heavy) - Page 3 _dsc2810

This things are really nice. I just wish TBL would put out female bodies in this color again.

Artist

Hello. Just joined thank you for having this group Smile .

I wish Phicen would release the M35 also with a lighter skin color for the male. The "suntan" looks kind of grey and a bit weird to me. Also wish it were as tall as the M36.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Artist wrote:Hello. Just joined thank you for having this group Smile .

I wish Phicen would release the M35 also with a lighter skin color for the male. The "suntan" looks kind of grey and a bit weird to me. Also wish it were as tall as the M36.

Welcome aboard!

Phicen/TBLeague has been slow to address kitbashers' desire for greater variety in skintones, having reduced the options for female bodies to two (pale and new/lightened suntan) and until M36 having only (darker) suntan for the males (with M36 they produced an additional darker version for bodies depicting people of African descent -- both versions were reviewed HERE, but perhaps you have already seen that). I imagine it will be some time before we see additional options, though I hope they will appear. I think we can safely say that except for M30 (which was really a tad more greyish), the male bodies are really not grey; that might be an impression caused by specific lighting or even the settings on your screen, if not personal perception. I refer to the basic bodies, not something specific to a boxed set (e.g., Bloodshot, who has been given a white body, etc).

An M35 with the stature of M36 (or an M36 with the muscle mass of M35) would be heroic indeed. But note that you would have some trouble clothing it -- because of both the height and (especially) the bulk. Still, it would be something to behold. Smile

Artist

GubernatorFan wrote:
Artist wrote:Hello. Just joined thank you for having this group Smile .

Welcome aboard!

Phicen/TBLeague has been slow to address kitbashers' desire for greater variety in skintones, having reduced the options for female bodies to two (pale and new/lightened suntan) and until M36 having only (darker) suntan for the males (with M36 they produced an additional darker version for bodies depicting people of African descent -- both versions were reviewed HERE, but perhaps you have already seen that). I imagine it will be some time before we see additional options, though I hope they will appear. I think we can safely say that except for M30 (which was really a tad more greyish), the male bodies are really not grey; that might be an impression caused by specific lighting or even the settings on your screen, if not personal perception. I refer to the basic bodies, not something specific to a boxed set (e.g., Bloodshot, who has been given a white body, etc).

An M35 with the stature of M36 (or an M36 with the muscle mass of M35) would be heroic indeed. But note that you would have some trouble clothing it -- because of both the height and (especially) the bulk. Still, it would be something to behold. Smile

Thanks for the welcome and input Smile .

I own the 34 and 35 and they seem grayish/tan and for me, are a bit too dark for a Caucasian male. I wish they had a light more realistic skin tone version. They would sell tons of those. Also would be nice if the body style of the M35 was as tall as the M36.

nhwioz

nhwioz
Thank you, GubernatorFan, Stryker2011 for the many good photos. Smile  Thanks to all who wrote something in this topic. That was a good motivation for me to make my photos more interesting.

seamless - TBLeague / Phicen M35 updated (photo heavy) - Page 3 Dsc06815
https://flic.kr/p/2hH3Gmv

TBLeague / Phicen M35

Head:
- custom 1/6 scale The Avengers Captain America Steve Rogers head sculpt fit 12"
- 1/6 Scale Fast Bald head Dwayne Johnson Muscular man WITTMANN Head Sculpt Headplay for 12" Action Figure Body Doll
- 1:6 Male Head Model Sculpt Collection Punisher Daredevil Jon Bernthal Head Carving Model Collectible 12" Action Figure Doll

Shoes:
1/6 Scale WWII Combat Black Long Boots Model for 12 inches Male Action Figures Dolls Accessories

Dress:
- 3 Styles Clothing 1/6 Scale Male Figure Clothes Suit Vest Pants Belt Shoes Model For M34 Strong Male Action Figure Body
- ART FIGURES Belt BOSS DOMINIC AF024 1/6 ACTION FIGURE TOYS dam did (for holsters G-17 Pistol)

Weapon:
- 1/6 Scale Toy Task Force Spectre Skipper 9MM Pistol Set Glock G-17 Pistol
- 1/6 Scale Miyamoto Musashi Japanese Samurai Ninja Sword Model Set for 12 inches Action Figures (Metal Sword)
- Heckler & Koch MP5
seamless - TBLeague / Phicen M35 updated (photo heavy) - Page 3 Dsc06816
https://flic.kr/p/2hH19yU

seamless - TBLeague / Phicen M35 updated (photo heavy) - Page 3 Dsc06817
https://flic.kr/p/2hH3G9w

seamless - TBLeague / Phicen M35 updated (photo heavy) - Page 3 Dsc06818
https://flic.kr/p/2hH19w9

seamless - TBLeague / Phicen M35 updated (photo heavy) - Page 3 Dsc06110
https://flic.kr/p/2hH3Gj1

seamless - TBLeague / Phicen M35 updated (photo heavy) - Page 3 Dsc06910
https://flic.kr/p/2hH3FZU

seamless - TBLeague / Phicen M35 updated (photo heavy) - Page 3 Dsc06913