OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Help needed with forum tech

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 12]

46Help needed with forum tech - Page 3 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:11 pm

highwayman57

I've been having a problem with the activation email. I tried to set up an account with my trusted, long-time username of highwayman57, but I don't see it on the member list. I was finally able to gain access by logging in with my Google account, but I can't use my preferred username. Does anybody have any advice?

David

47Help needed with forum tech - Page 3 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:23 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
highwayman57 wrote:I've been having a problem with the activation email. I tried to set up an account with my trusted, long-time username of highwayman57, but I don't see it on the member list. I was finally able to gain access by logging in with my Google account, but I can't use my preferred username. Does anybody have any advice? David

Hi David. I have no idea why this wasn't working correctly for you, but I edited and saved your profile name. I hope this is what you wanted. And welcome aboard!

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

48Help needed with forum tech - Page 3 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:46 pm

highwayman57

highwayman57
GubernatorFan wrote:
highwayman57 wrote:I've been having a problem with the activation email. I tried to set up an account with my trusted, long-time username of highwayman57, but I don't see it on the member list. I was finally able to gain access by logging in with my Google account, but I can't use my preferred username. Does anybody have any advice? David

Hi David. I have no idea why this wasn't working correctly for you, but I edited and saved your profile name. I hope this is what you wanted. And welcome aboard!

Thanks, GubernatorFan! I just saw your post after I posted again in the new members thread; I didn't even notice the change to my username! Thanks so very much for fixing it!

Gratefully,
David

49Help needed with forum tech - Page 3 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:01 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
highwayman57 wrote:Thanks, GubernatorFan! I just saw your post after I posted again in the new members thread; I didn't even notice the change to my username! Thanks so very much for fixing it!
Gratefully, David

Hi David, you are very welcome. Still have no idea why there was a problem, but happy to have resolved it.
Cheers!

50Help needed with forum tech - Page 3 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:51 pm

Kukolka

Kukolka
@GubernatorFan - since this forum uses PunBB, if you'd like to limit image size in signature, in the Admin panel -> Display -> Colors, add this in the CSS (replace with whichever max width and height you choose).

Code:
.sig-content img{
max-width: 600px !important;
max-height: 250px !important;
}

https://kukolkacreates.wordpress.com/blog/

51Help needed with forum tech - Page 3 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:08 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Kukolka wrote:@GubernatorFan - since this forum uses PunBB, if you'd like to limit image size in signature, in the Admin panel -> Display -> Colors, add this in the CSS (replace with whichever max width and height you choose).

Code:
.sig-content img{
max-width: 600px !important;
max-height: 250px !important;
}

Hi Kukolka,

Thank you very much for the advice, I will look into it soon.

52Help needed with forum tech - Page 3 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:01 pm

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

We need to hire them!

CHEERS!

53Help needed with forum tech - Page 3 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:22 am

Allotropos

Allotropos
hi - is there a place where I can add a line below my avatar like you founding fathers ?
It's probably there and I'm blind but just thought I'd ask Very Happy

54Help needed with forum tech - Page 3 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:56 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Allotropos wrote:hi - is there a place where I can add a line below my avatar like you founding fathers ? It's probably there and I'm blind but just thought I'd ask Very Happy

What you were referring to is the moderator rank, but I know what you meant, the custom user title. I had been looking for this since we started the forum. I eventually managed to turn up helpful info in the Forumotion question and answer files, created a new field (Title: custom user title), and tested it out successfully. So you can go into your profile and fill this out just like you can fill out your age or location, then save your changes.

Only limitation, the system insists on there being a word and a colon ( : ) before whatever you write in. I settled for the short word "title:", but if you have any better suggestions, let me know. I was also considering "is:". But no promises. Smile

55Help needed with forum tech - Page 3 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:28 am

Allotropos

Allotropos
Thanks for that GF and it works great.
'Title' is fine right now and I'm sure there'll be other suggestions as we progress !

56Help needed with forum tech - Page 3 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:36 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Can we fix it so that, when we get a reply email, open the link and log on, we get taken to the thread and not to the front page? I'm sure it's possible.

CHEERS!

57Help needed with forum tech - Page 3 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:43 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Rogerbee wrote:Can we fix it so that, when we get a reply email, open the link and log on, we get taken to the thread and not to the front page? I'm sure it's possible. CHEERS!

I am not sure that would be within my technical abilities, but by all means lets work on it.

58Help needed with forum tech - Page 3 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:52 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
I don't know one end of this thing from the other, this is why we need help, LOL!

CHEERS!

59Help needed with forum tech - Page 3 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:25 am

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
Rather than continue to moan about my current problems getting Photobucket images and gifs to show up on three different threads, I thought I'd just bring the issue up here where it belongs. Clearly there is an issue with forumotion and PB not playing nice together, since the images in question are still showing on multiple other sites, including OSW.

I know I can try hosting images directly here, but I'd like to be able to use PB as well because I have so many images stored there.

Who can we turn to for help? Does Forumotion have tech support?

60Help needed with forum tech - Page 3 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:32 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Tank Girl,

Did you check the links I provided in the PM? Those are from Forumotion's resolved support threads. I found a third, but it seemed even less helpful.

I have experimented with any changed settings to this forum, and reverting to earlier settings (which had nothing to do with gifs anyway) did not make a difference with the display of these images.

Have you made changes to any of your settings or preferences here? Or on Photobucket? I know from flickr that if you simply change the status of an image to private or public, the whole link changes, although I doubt this is the issue here.

From the start I have pointed out I am not tech savvy and I call upon the other Founding Fathers and other forum members in general to find us a tech and/or a solution.

I hope this is worked out, as it is truly a curious and disturbing issue.

PS A logical step would be for anyone else with Photobucket to test this and see if their images (jpeg or gif) from there would display here.

61Help needed with forum tech - Page 3 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:59 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
I can't offer much, but, all my albums in Imgur are private and I've never had display issues anywhere.

CHEERS!

62Help needed with forum tech - Page 3 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:14 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Rogerbee wrote:I can't offer much, but, all my albums in Imgur are private and I've never had display issues anywhere.

That particular issue (which may not be Tank Girl's problem) is a little different. It's not that an image is private, but if (for example) you made a link to it while it was still public and then made it private, the link would be broken, because the system (at least flickr's) assigns the image a different url. So for the link to work, you would have to update the url accordingly. And then, even if the image is private, as long as the url is correct, it would display.

63Help needed with forum tech - Page 3 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:19 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Interesting,

I'm sure I've posted pics before and then made the album private and not had issues. Have you seen my reply in TGF's thread? I don't use the buttons on here to post pics, I use the clipboard.

CHEERS!

64Help needed with forum tech - Page 3 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:22 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Rogerbee wrote:I'm sure I've posted pics before and then made the album private and not had issues. Have you seen my reply in TGF's thread? I don't use the buttons on here to post pics, I use the clipboard

What I described may just be a flickr thing. I did see. Is it that you use the clipboard or that you put the correct (for example) Help needed with forum tech - Page 3  and around what you paste? Theoretically that should be just as good as inserting or hosting.

65Help needed with forum tech - Page 3 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:26 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
They have proper share links already set up, as do PB, you just copy and paste them. With PB they are linked back to the site, but with Imgur they are embedded.

CHEERS!

66Help needed with forum tech - Page 3 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:53 pm

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
I've been awake for about two hours now.

How come many are not bothering to use the image hosting capability with Forumotion?

You know. Upload the images from your PC?

67Help needed with forum tech - Page 3 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:58 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Hi DFC. Good morning! Smile Tank Girl wanted to reintroduce a large number of images she has on Photobucket, and I cannot blame her for being taken aback by the disappearance of her already displayed images and of what seemed to be one of our system's capabilities. I myself upload images on Servimg (so to speak, "here").

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum