OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: Vampirella (Caroline Munro 50th Anniversary Edition) 1/6 Scale Exclusive Figure

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Product Description
What started as a comic magazine in 1969 quickly became a phenomenon, and now Vampirella celebrates her 50th anniversary in 2019 as a pop culture icon. In 1976, 7 years after Vampirella's first appearance, Hammer films opted the rights to produce the Vampirella Film and their first choice to star in the lead role was the beautiful Caroline Munro.

Caroline had to turn down the role and unfortunately the film was never made. Caroline Munro, Executive Replicas and TBLeague are proud to pay homage to this conceptual figure of "what might have been", paying homage to both the beautiful Caroline Munro and Vampirella with this 1/6th scale exclusive action figure.

Product Features
1/6 Scale
Made of plastic
Seamless joint body
50th Anniversary
The Caroline Munro version that never was
Box Contents
Vampirella figure
Alternate head
3 Pairs of hands
One-piece bikini-style costume
Pair of high boots
Arm band (for right upper arm)
Pair of bangles
Thigh band (for right thigh)
Dagger
Reduced scale bat model
Reduced scale skull model
Cape
Base

tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: Vampirella (Caroline Munro 50th Anniversary Edition) 1/6 Scale Exclusive Figure 11052
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: Vampirella (Caroline Munro 50th Anniversary Edition) 1/6 Scale Exclusive Figure 2478
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: Vampirella (Caroline Munro 50th Anniversary Edition) 1/6 Scale Exclusive Figure 3332
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: Vampirella (Caroline Munro 50th Anniversary Edition) 1/6 Scale Exclusive Figure 4301
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: Vampirella (Caroline Munro 50th Anniversary Edition) 1/6 Scale Exclusive Figure 5290
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: Vampirella (Caroline Munro 50th Anniversary Edition) 1/6 Scale Exclusive Figure 6278
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: Vampirella (Caroline Munro 50th Anniversary Edition) 1/6 Scale Exclusive Figure 7269
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: Vampirella (Caroline Munro 50th Anniversary Edition) 1/6 Scale Exclusive Figure 8253
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: Vampirella (Caroline Munro 50th Anniversary Edition) 1/6 Scale Exclusive Figure 9239
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: Vampirella (Caroline Munro 50th Anniversary Edition) 1/6 Scale Exclusive Figure 10224
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: Vampirella (Caroline Munro 50th Anniversary Edition) 1/6 Scale Exclusive Figure 11216
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: Vampirella (Caroline Munro 50th Anniversary Edition) 1/6 Scale Exclusive Figure 12200
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: Vampirella (Caroline Munro 50th Anniversary Edition) 1/6 Scale Exclusive Figure 13186

#newproduct #TBLeague #ExecutiveReplicas #Vampirella #CarolineMunroe #female #horror-comic #50thAnniversary

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
You know what they say, two heads are better than one... and they got a bat to boot! Smile

brassco

brassco
no more room for more of the same.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I feel like this s33b body was probably developed at least in part w/ this version of the character in mind-- though not sure if I am keen on the headsculpts or not...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Looks good, but not that much like the intended subject.

Diana

Diana
skywalkersaga wrote:I feel like this s33b body was probably developed at least in part w/ this version of the character in mind-- though not sure if I am keen on the headsculpts or not...
Is that what this is? In that case I need one... Cause this is gorgeous!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
AerynDiana wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:I feel like this s33b body was probably developed at least in part w/ this version of the character in mind-- though not sure if I am keen on the headsculpts or not...

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but it looks to be that one. The s33b is the one that was used on the previous/most recent Vampirella as well, here: 

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2076-new-product-tbleague-1-6-bloodsucking-red-face-vampirella-50th-anniversary-edition-pl2019-152

Diana

Diana
skywalkersaga wrote:
AerynDiana wrote:

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but it looks to be that one. The s33b is the one that was used on the previous/most recent Vampirella as well, here: 

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2076-new-product-tbleague-1-6-bloodsucking-red-face-vampirella-50th-anniversary-edition-pl2019-152

NICE. Thank you! Very Happy

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I don't have a full Vampirella set yet even though I've got the SHCC and Gonzalez headsculpts loose, so I'm probably going to go with this version. As a fan of Hammer/Amicus etc movies I'm also a big fan of Caroline Munro, so this is a bit of a no-brainer for me (although I'd rather see a figure of either of her characters in At The Earth's Core or Captain Kronos, but I'll take what I can get Very Happy ).  I like one of these Munro sculpts but I'm not too fussed about the other more 'smirky' one (although both look 1000 times better than the old Stella Starr Munro figure), but if the most recent TBL offerings are anything to judge by, the sculpts actually look better in-hand than in their promos...

For me though, I don't think a 32/33 works for Vampirella - I already have an issue with those stubby arms, and the long Vampi nails make them look even shorter. Neutral

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I don't really have a problem with the body being used. The problem with any "likeness" of a real person is most of them are a head sculpt that looks like the person, but the body is just some generic (in most cases) female or male body that they use for every other female or male. I like that TBL mixes it up at least, but if you're going to make a Caroline Munroe specific figure -- I honestly think they should try to capture her body type, as well. The babes of the 60s & 70s had much different body types than the ladies of today (evolution, diet, changes in exercise, etc.) has altered the human body significantly. Using a body type of today isn't ideal for the bodies of 40-50 years ago. Aside from the horrible head sculpts, the Bettie Page figure Phicen did years ago didn't work with the body they used (women in the 40s & 50s were even more significantly different). As a representation of "what could have been" with this figure, it's fine.

Caroline from either At the Earth's Core or Captain Kronos would be cool, but my ideal would be her, John Phillip Law & Tom Baker from The Golden Voyage of Sinbad (all three are on my Grail list -- along with Jane Seymour, Patrick Wayne, & Patrick Troughton from Sinbad & The Eye of the Tiger)

He who dies with the most toys wins!

tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: Vampirella (Caroline Munro 50th Anniversary Edition) 1/6 Scale Exclusive Figure C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I agree, it's not an exact depiction of Munro's body shape, but I guess it's still closer than some of their previous bodies would have been? I think this was an attempt to make a 'generic' body that would still work for certain specific characters ....whether that was successful, however, is up for debate. ;p

That said, I would still like to see body shapes that could be used for characters/people from earlier time periods...because, as you say, many of these tbleague offerings do still look too way too modern. Same with many of the male bodies, imo.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Of the available Phicen/TBL bodies on the market, I think an S10/12 is about the nearest there is to Munro's physique.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I get you mean, but I was moreso referring to in comparison to the muscle body they’d previously used for the Vampirella character.

I feel like they wouldn’t use the s12 body cause it doesn’t have the ‘lady bits’.... Razz

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Ah, I see. Smile Yeah I suppose that's true.

As for the S10/12, it follows that weird pattern of genital detailing/non-detailing that is quite puzzling, what with it having no 'front parts' to speak of but the most detailed 'back passage' that I think TBL have ever produced. It's just bizarre. Either detail the genitals completely, or just don't do it at all.

And I may be on my own here but I'd like to see them 'remix' the old S04/S06 and S07/09 models with detachable feet so they can stand up (although if the new 34/35 model is any indication they seem to be returning to attached feet).

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I wouldn’t mind a re-do of some of those older bodies , as long as they fixed the overly broad shoulders issue ( and of course the feet).

Re: the seamless ankle — I honestly hope it’s not a new trend for them. As someone who is primarily a customiser , I’m not a fan of that feature. If they had optional versions for each body model, that’d be fine, but otherwise .... D:

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Oddly, more US e-trailers are getting this figure for PO. Woohoo!

He who dies with the most toys wins!

tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: Vampirella (Caroline Munro 50th Anniversary Edition) 1/6 Scale Exclusive Figure C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh good. Hope she and the rest of the tbleague figures are not too delayed. : )

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Well, if they are delayed at least it gives us more time to save up for them... the POs I've seen for this one are so expensive I might have to reconsider buying the full set and just go for the sculpt that I like and the hands (I've already got most of the costume and accessories from the other Vampi sets).

davidd

davidd
At $300 USD (plus shipping) this is... or was... an expensive figure for what relatively little is included.

Did anyone here on the forum ever pick up the Munro Vampi release? I have been unable to find any reviews or owner photos online, although admittedly my searches have been somewhat cursory.

JYMachine

JYMachine
You should check out the photo review on Ed's Toy Box. Lots of other great photoshoots too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum