OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 9]

DarthJ

Let's also mention those nice chairs by Mattel which I found with a variety of covers. 1970s vintage though this version could be a newer release, it looks brand new.

body - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt) - Page 7 Img_1510

rollotomasi

Whoa the S35 flat foot looks gigantic compared to the curved foot!
No wonder its bunching at the tip!
I wonder if slicing off the toes and supergluing it would work.

Either that or i go back to my original plan of buying the $75 TBL-S09
despite its armature-punctured-thinly-siliconed, wobbly, bowed feet! Dammit, TBL!

Thanks again for the show-and-tell, DarthJ.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Jeez, frustrating about the toes ... are they just supposed to be permanently barefoot? O.o 

ETA: and LOL, trying to squash the toes into the shoe... reminds me of the stepsisters in Cinderella. Laughing

And I must respectfully disagree that the upcoming anime body is the same as this one.... and not only due to the bust size, but also the waist, which is much more exaggerated/slim on the anime one.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

DarthJ

More foot comparing ... with the petite and normal sized TBLeague figures with detachable feet where the foot size is somewhat smaller than S35.
And with a Jiaou Doll with a foot size which can match S35.

body - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt) - Page 7 Img_1515

body - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt) - Page 7 Img_1514

body - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt) - Page 7 Img_1516

body - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt) - Page 7 Img_1517

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Really cute comparisons. I love those vintage nightgowns.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
DarthJ wrote:Pictures **nude ankle warning **
Laughing

Thanks for clearing those questions up Darth.

It's a real shame that while the design of the foot is a little more aesthetically pleasing than before, they're still so squishy and limited in their articulacy. Not really any kind of technical step-up from the older models. It makes this move seem even more redundant and ill-considered than it already seemed.

One to get once I've bought every other body-type I think, and then only if they don't release an identical version with detachable feet first.

DarthJ

Setting up a scene today I noticed S35 having a small head which seemed more suited to the petite S27B in the scene.
So I swapped both heads and the result is in the picture

This is a try-out for the "Summer is coming" theme. That's why S27B+S35 is wearing a raincoat and the other figure is hiding under a beach blanket.

body - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt) - Page 7 Img_1524

DarthJ

Quote : the foot is a little more aesthetically pleasing than before

I don't agree, the underside is completely flat, without any bulges. It even looks "cut-off", you could compare it with "waterline" cut-off model ships.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Cute bench scene and valuable discovery about the head and proportions.

DarthJ wrote:I don't agree, the underside is completely flat, without any bulges. It even looks "cut-off", you could compare it with "waterline" cut-off model ships.

Do you think this shortcoming makes up for it by providing better stability? Or, wait, these can't stand on their own anyway, so that wouldn't make any sense, would it?

DarthJ

Indeed, as their feet are soft and squishy they can't stand on them.

135body - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt) - Page 7 Empty bikini problems Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:27 am

brassco

brassco
body - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt) - Page 7 20200805132433

I tried to put on the red bikini onto the body, then it snapped. I replaced it with the blue colored ones, and with cautious, managed to put them on. Only 2 days later, they snapped while on the body!

Anyone with similar issues?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I haven't had this problem yet -- only encountered these for the 12th-scale figures -- but I always thought the choice of plastic bikini was dubious. Your experience confirms it.

DarthJ

brassco wrote:body - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt) - Page 7 20200805132433

I tried to put on the red bikini onto the body, then it snapped. I replaced it with the blue colored ones, and with cautious, managed to put them on. Only 2 days later, they snapped while on the body!

Anyone with similar issues?

Unfortunately as I predicted on the previous page :

As I feared the material is some sort of rubber band. The tiny strings will snap very fast. Or as a rubber band they will harden and just break into tiny pieces after a while.
So they stay in their own little blister, never to be used.

I had the experience with another series of figures where the clothing was more important.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Yes the bikini trouble is not surprising, given the material used. While the upcoming anime body appears to still be using these types of bikini, TBL seem to have made a swift return to cloth ones with the newer 38/39 and 42/43 models (but it would be nice to have seen one of these colours/patterns on those, instead of flourescent orange).

I still haven't got one of these bodies purely because of the feet, although that said I'll probably get an S42 because the head sculpt looks nice.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That sucks, brassco! Though it's not surprising...those things looked insanely flimsy. I don't understand why they didn't just give them cloth undergarments instead of that rubbery plastic material. It reminds me of rubber bands... I have some really small cheap rubber bands that I was using for 1/6 stuff, and I accidentally left them exposed to the air for a long time, and the next time I attempted to use them, they just snapped instantly. They had deteriorated that quickly. I guess those were maybe made of a similar material...

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
skywalkersaga wrote:That sucks, brassco! Though it's not surprising...those things looked insanely flimsy. I don't understand why they didn't just give them cloth undergarments instead of that rubbery plastic material. It reminds me of rubber bands... I have some really small cheap rubber bands that I was using for 1/6 stuff, and I accidentally left them exposed to the air for a long time, and the next time I attempted to use them, they just snapped instantly. They had deteriorated that quickly. I guess those were maybe made of a similar material...

Thickness of the material doesn’t help those either as they are easier to dry out then. *sigh* More to remember come future purchases I suppose. Cloth is the winner for sure.

brassco

brassco
I've asked my seller to check with TBleague, if they would issue me a new set of bikinis. My seller just notified me that TBleague will be sending them the damaged ones, added that those are "improved" version. Fingers crossed...

DarthJ

It is probably smarter not to try if it really has been "improved" ...

melony

melony
I have two questions if anyone would find it possible to answer -
If anyone compare and post pictures S34/S35 next to the S32/S33 to see the difference I would appreciate it.

And I saw in the video posted that her neck has a smaller pin as well as a review on Amazon that you can't put different heads on this doll. Can anyone confirm this?
On the other hand, I found a video on youtube with this body having a different head.

Sorry if these questions are annoying, this is my first time buying figures. Thanks so much to anyone who can answer them!!

Edit: I'm buying her anyway, and will test by buying a headless body and separate head, I will update with the result. And if there are issues hopefully Amazon allows me to return.
Still, I would love any information available.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
melony wrote:I have two questions if anyone would find it possible to answer -
If anyone compare and post pictures S34/S35 next to the S32/S33 to see the difference I would appreciate it.

And I saw in the video posted that her neck has a smaller pin as well as a review on Amazon that you can't put different heads on this doll. Can anyone confirm this?
On the other hand, I found a video on youtube with this body having a different head.

The main reference area on the TBLeague bodies in general is here:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3013-tbleague-phicen-seamless-bodies-with-steel-skeleton-catalog-updated-continually#40047

It can give you some information on each body and various relevant issues, plus some links to relevant threads in this forum or outside it. Because S32A/S33B are quite tall in a line that has been generally perhaps a little too tall to begin with, and because S34A/S35A (S34/S35 if head included) cannot stand on their own (due to the seamless ankles), I cannot speak from experience on either of these two models. The petite bodies (S24A/S25B and S26A/S27B) did have smaller head neck pegs, which means that you would need to pack the inside of standard head openings to fit them. Perhaps you have encountered the same issue with the models you are looking at; at least in their case the overall size of the head would be of lesser concern than with the petite bodies (where many standard heads would have looked too big). So, in short, you will be able to swap heads no matter what, but some heads may need adjustment (which has always been potentially the case with any of the models).

Hope this helps.

melony

melony
GubernatorFan wrote:
melony wrote:I have two questions if anyone would find it possible to answer -

The main reference area on the TBLeague bodies in general is here:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3013-tbleague-phicen-seamless-bodies-with-steel-skeleton-catalog-updated-continually#40047

It can give you some information on each body and various relevant issues, plus some links to relevant threads in this forum or outside it. Because S32A/S33B are quite tall in a line that has been generally perhaps a little too tall to begin with, and because S34A/S35A (S34/S35 if head included) cannot stand on their own (due to the seamless ankles), I cannot speak from experience on either of these two models. The petite bodies (S24A/S25B and S26A/S27B) did have smaller head neck pegs, which means that you would need to pack the inside of standard head openings to fit them. Perhaps you have encountered the same issue with the models you are looking at; at least in their case the overall size of the head would be of lesser concern than with the petite bodies (where many standard heads would have looked too big). So, in short, you will be able to swap heads no matter what, but some heads may need adjustment (which has always been potentially the case with any of the models).

Hope this helps.
Thanks, unfortunately, still there aren't the photos of the ones I'm looking for, but I appreciate it.

Yeah, I emailed Hiplay and they responded and said that the normal head I was thinking of buying would not fit on S34/S35, only on "european/western" ones. I'm not super sure what heads would fit this doll then. Sadly it's not very clear on any of the heads about which fit what.

I got a response from another person who had put a different head on: They also said that you have to do modifications in order to get different heads to fit, due to the smaller peg - probably what you were talking about, packing the inside.

In the end I cancelled the order and I'm considering just buying this model with the normal head, even though I don't enjoy the design, it's better than no head at all.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum