OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Imperial Guardian 1/6

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

gunm

GubernatorFan wrote:Gunm, that is unfortunate; what environment do you live in?

subtropical/humid. :/

gooboo

Saw on ebay that this figure is getting parceled out. Hopefully that means it's coming out soon, I feel like I've been waiting forever on this one, lol.

From the pictures I saw it looks like all of the armor is removable, and the body appears to be the typical s22/s23 type. Even though I already have one pre-ordered from BBTS, I bought myself a pair of the armored feet since I have need of them for another character I'm working on. I think these might be the only Phicen compatible armored feet without any heels on them.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
gooboo wrote:Saw on ebay that this figure is getting parceled out.

Thanks for the heads-up, I bagged myself that one piece skirt/top that I like for a reasonable-ish price. The prices being asked for that headsculpt on ebay are ridiculous, though, even by the standards of this hobby. I like it, but not that much. I'll wait and chance that the sculpt will end up parted out on Monkey Depot where it's sure to be less expensive.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That’s so weird ...i dont even find the headsculpt all that great??

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
skywalkersaga wrote:That’s so weird ...i dont even find the headsculpt all that great??

Some very strange pricing decisions by sellers at the moment. This sculpt going for as much as £100, while the Tariah sculpt (which I'll grant is more 'generic TBL blonde') is going for as little as £15.

gooboo

Here's a picture I saw on the Chinese forum. All of the preview pictures of this figure had the eye-slit sitting above the eyes themselves, which looks stupid and pointless. Apparently you can lower it onto the eyes, as it's supposed to look.

TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Imperial Guardian 1/6 - Page 3 Helmet10

There's more pictures here- http://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=363138&extra=page%3D1&page=1

Looks like a really nice figure overall. Can't wait for mine to come in.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Aaah, so according to the link above, the sword is included with the set after all?
(Um, or is it? Google Translate is nobody's friend here as usual)

Are we sure this is a 22/23 body? I got the red skirt/top combo dress loose, and my, is it a test of nerve and endurance to get it even onto the skinny S01 I've chosen for it. Looks good on now, though, so it was worth it.

I know it isn't necessarily intended that it should come off once it's on, but I shudder to think how anyone would manage to squeeze the dress past that new 22/23 bubble butt.

The prices on the loose head sculpt have dropped to slightly more sensible prices now by the way, so I might spring for one soon.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Damn, this figure is beautiful. I don't know if it's this person's photo-skills or what, but the figure looks even better than the promo pics. The armour is more bronze-like than the silver show in the official pics.

I think the sword doesn't come with it. It's different from the promo pics... unless... TBLeague tossed an updated sword in the package...

gooboo

Lol, I have to admit I cancelled my pre-order for this one. Once I saw those Pop Toys female knights that are coming out later, I decided to put my money on those instead. This figure still looks really nice though.

brassco

brassco
TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Imperial Guardian 1/6 - Page 3 Seg-vivi
TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Imperial Guardian 1/6 - Page 3 02
TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Imperial Guardian 1/6 - Page 3 Flashsgl-vivi
TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Imperial Guardian 1/6 - Page 3 Flashsgl-vivi
TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Imperial Guardian 1/6 - Page 3 05
TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Imperial Guardian 1/6 - Page 3 06
TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Imperial Guardian 1/6 - Page 3 07
TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Imperial Guardian 1/6 - Page 3 08
TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Imperial Guardian 1/6 - Page 3 09
TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Imperial Guardian 1/6 - Page 3 14
TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Imperial Guardian 1/6 - Page 3 15
TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Imperial Guardian 1/6 - Page 3 16
TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Imperial Guardian 1/6 - Page 3 17
TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Imperial Guardian 1/6 - Page 3 18
TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Imperial Guardian 1/6 - Page 3 19
TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Imperial Guardian 1/6 - Page 3 21

At first look, i thought the armor couldn't be taken off. Upon closer inspection, it can, as it is fastened by buttons. I wouldn't recommend taking the armor off, unless you want to part out, as putting it back gives me bit of a headache...
The assembly of this figure didn't give me much of a problem, except for the armor skirt. I was careful not to lose the strings, as it would be a headache putting it back again.
The viewing area from the helmet...i have to adjust quite a bit to get it positioned nicely.
Not much accessories, comes with a pair of closed fists, holding hands, and relaxed hands.
And there was no sword as pictured from the promo...

Valiarde

Valiarde
Looks great imo. Too bad it is not metal armor or it would be an instant buy for me but even though, I like the fantasy Knight!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I like it. I didn’t PO this, but now I think I need to get her.

I’m actually glad the armor isn’t metal — much lighter, and it still looks good. I really don’t like all that die-cast stuff, it’s usually much more aggravation than it needs to be, and half the time the underlying body can’t stand the weight — particularly on swords or spears.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Imperial Guardian 1/6 - Page 3 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
She came out great. Thanks for the in-hand photos and comments.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Looks really nice!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

agentghost

agentghost
sold. PO placed

brassco

brassco
TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Imperial Guardian 1/6 - Page 3 Sdr-vivi

i snapped off the eye guard off the helmet. Now i can see her eyes more clearly!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Oh, no, look over function strikes again! I hope she doesn't pay for this down the line... Smile

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
After seeing the promo pics, and now Brassco's in person photos, I may have to look into picking this up. I like the look, and if I ever get bored with it, the opportunity for some customization is very much there! Erza Scarlet (just the armor mind you) anyone?

brassco

brassco
TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Imperial Guardian 1/6 - Page 3 C9c11f2962da86d35a065eb23b6602e7
TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Imperial Guardian 1/6 - Page 3 Sgtoys-crown-knight-1-6-scale-figure-img07-600x686

This Erza? she got tons of costume, probably because of her powers...maybe this Crown Knight can do some mod...

desertdragon

desertdragon
My Imperial Guardian has arrived, and at this point I pretty much know what to expect from TBLeague's stable of female warriors, and she did not disappoint, in the best way possible Smile As always, TBL's attention to detail and execution quality are fully on display... I really appreciate the thought that goes into everything with these figures... for example. her chest and waist armor are plastic, but her abdominal armor is much thinner vinyl, beautifully printed to match the plastic armor pieces perfectly... This was clearly done to help accentuate her form, as a plastic armor piece for her midriff would have hid her hourglass shape. Everything here works perfectly IMO, and I am thrilled to add her to the collection. Of note too is that her portrait, rather than be recycled from Galaxy Soldier, is in fact unique, and very beautifully rendered... Okay, enough of my rambling... IG states her case much better than I ever could Smile

TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Imperial Guardian 1/6 - Page 3 Imperi10

TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Imperial Guardian 1/6 - Page 3 Imperi11

TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Imperial Guardian 1/6 - Page 3 Imperi12

TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Imperial Guardian 1/6 - Page 3 Imperi13

TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Imperial Guardian 1/6 - Page 3 Imperi15

TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Imperial Guardian 1/6 - Page 3 Imperi14

TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Imperial Guardian 1/6 - Page 3 Imperi16

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
A glorious portrayal of a beautiful figure. Well done again.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Magnificent photos, and a truly beautiful looking figure. Now I’m bummed I didn’t get her.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Imperial Guardian 1/6 - Page 3 C8485110

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum