OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Lando Calrissian Skiff Guard Version Sixth Scale Figure

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
empirestrikesback - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Lando Calrissian Skiff Guard Version Sixth Scale Figure Scree519

“Take him away.”

Sideshow presents the Lando Calrissian Skiff Guard Version Sixth Scale Figure, ready to protect your galaxy of Star Wars collectibles.

The Lando Calrissian Skiff Guard Version Sixth Scale Figure captures the Bespin baron’s distinct disguised look from Star Wars: Episode VI- Return of the Jedi, as he accompanies the infiltration mission to Jabba the Hutt’s palace on Tatooine. The figure includes both an unhelmeted portrait with the detailed likeness of actor Billy Dee Williams and an alternate portrait with a non-removable helmet and mask as a part of his full guard uniform.

The Lando Calrissian Skiff Guard Version Sixth Scale Figure features a tailored fabric costume detailed with a variety of materials, as well as sculpted chest and shoulder armor. His costume additionally comes with one pair of boots and a faux leather belt with a holster for his included DL-18 blaster pistol. Lando also comes armed with an additional BD-1 Cutter Vibro-axe and seven hands including one pair of fists, one pair of neutral hands, one pair of grip hands, and one right pistol grip hand, giving you a wide range of display options for this figure.

Pair Lando with the Jabba the Hutt and Throne Deluxe Sixth Scale Figure Set, the Luke Skywalker Deluxe Sixth Scale Figure, and more to recreate epic Return of the Jedi scenes in your Star Wars collection.

Infiltrate the palace and add the Lando Calrissian (Skiff Guard Version) Sixth Scale Figure to your collection today!

Pre-orders for the Lando Calrissian (Skiff Guard Version) Sixth Scale Figure will begin on Thursday, January 23rd between 12pm-3pm PST and the figure will be priced at $245 USD.

Artist Credits:

Design: Sixth Scale Design and Development Team
Sculpt: JPark, Narae, SIM Casting
Paint: Wan Lee, Namhoon Kim
Cut and Sew: Mijin Namgung
The Sideshow Design and Development Team

WHAT'S IN THE BOX?
The Lando Calrissian (Skiff Guard Version) Sixth Scale Figure specially features:

Unhelmeted Head with detailed likeness of Billy Dee Williams, as seen in Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi
Alternate head with non-removable mask and helmet
Approximately 12 inches tall
Seven (7) interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of neutral hands
- One (1) pair of grip hands
- One (1) right pistol grip hand
Costume:

Detailed fabric costume with sculpted chest and shoulder armor
One (1) right armored gauntlet
One (1) pair of boots
One (1) leather belt with holster
Weapons:

One (1) BD-1 Cutter Vibro-axe
One (1) DL-18 Blaster Pistol
ADDITIONAL DETAILS & DIMENSIONS
Materials
Fabric , Plastic
Product Size
Height: 12" (304.8 mm) | Weight: 1 lbs (0.45 kg) *
Dimensional Weight
0.00 lbs (0 kg) [Intl. 0.00 lbs (0 kg)] *
* Size and weight are approximate values. Learn more

SKU
UPC
(c) & (TM) Lucasfilm Ltd.

empirestrikesback - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Lando Calrissian Skiff Guard Version Sixth Scale Figure Scree174
empirestrikesback - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Lando Calrissian Skiff Guard Version Sixth Scale Figure Scree520
empirestrikesback - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Lando Calrissian Skiff Guard Version Sixth Scale Figure Scree175
empirestrikesback - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Lando Calrissian Skiff Guard Version Sixth Scale Figure Scree522
empirestrikesback - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Lando Calrissian Skiff Guard Version Sixth Scale Figure Scree176
empirestrikesback - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Lando Calrissian Skiff Guard Version Sixth Scale Figure Scree521
empirestrikesback - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Lando Calrissian Skiff Guard Version Sixth Scale Figure Scree177
empirestrikesback - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Lando Calrissian Skiff Guard Version Sixth Scale Figure Scree524
empirestrikesback - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Lando Calrissian Skiff Guard Version Sixth Scale Figure Scree523
empirestrikesback - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Lando Calrissian Skiff Guard Version Sixth Scale Figure Scree526
empirestrikesback - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Lando Calrissian Skiff Guard Version Sixth Scale Figure Scree525
empirestrikesback - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Lando Calrissian Skiff Guard Version Sixth Scale Figure Scree178
empirestrikesback - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Lando Calrissian Skiff Guard Version Sixth Scale Figure Scree528
empirestrikesback - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Lando Calrissian Skiff Guard Version Sixth Scale Figure Scree179
empirestrikesback - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Lando Calrissian Skiff Guard Version Sixth Scale Figure Scree529
empirestrikesback - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Lando Calrissian Skiff Guard Version Sixth Scale Figure Scree530
empirestrikesback - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Lando Calrissian Skiff Guard Version Sixth Scale Figure Scree180
empirestrikesback - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Lando Calrissian Skiff Guard Version Sixth Scale Figure Scree531
empirestrikesback - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Lando Calrissian Skiff Guard Version Sixth Scale Figure Scree181
empirestrikesback - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Lando Calrissian Skiff Guard Version Sixth Scale Figure Scree182
empirestrikesback - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Lando Calrissian Skiff Guard Version Sixth Scale Figure Scree532
empirestrikesback - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Lando Calrissian Skiff Guard Version Sixth Scale Figure Scree527

#newproduct #SideshowCollectibles #LandoCalrissian #SkiffGuard #EmpireStrikesBack #StarWars #Sci-Fi #movie #male

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Well, looks like they beat Hot Toys to it! Razz 

From the pics, I think it looks really nice. It's hard to tell if the unmasked headsculpt is perhaps a little bit lacking in finer details [mainly the hair], but the outfit and armour look good.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
It’s not bad. I’m glad that it at least comes with an unhelmeted head sculpt. It’s a bit pricey, but about what I expected for Sideshow. I’m still hoping HT announces an ESB Lando, but I don’t plan to wait 10 years for them to finally get around to this version (if they do it at all). I’ll get this one for my Jabba display, for sure.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

empirestrikesback - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Lando Calrissian Skiff Guard Version Sixth Scale Figure C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yeah, I don't blame you! I don't bother waiting around for HT anymore myself. I had initially put a number of my projects on hold just in case HT came out with a better headscupt for said character or whatever, but.... at their rate, I would have been waiting years, as you say.  

I'm glad you'll be getting him, and I hope he turns out well. Looking forward to eventually seeing him in your Jabba dio. I suppose at least the helmeted version means that if the headsculpt isn't up to snuff, you can still display him without any worries. But if the unhelmeted head does turn out ok, even better! :') 

Also thinking that one could probably use the additional head for an ESB kitbash, perhaps with just a few tweaks to the hairstyle [which could be accomplished via rehairing it with real hair].

shazzdan

shazzdan
The head sculpt isn't too bad at all. I can see why they didn't go with a removeable helmet but it is still disappointing.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Why is it disappointing? Do you mean just for realism's sake, so you could have an empty helmet rather than one that permanently has a head stuck in it?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very nice. If they deliver on the promotional images, this would be one of Sideshow's better head sculpts, too. Ideally, the helmet would be removable, but then again you wouldn't want to scrape off the paint (happened to my Sideshow Dengar, but Sideshow made good on it). The outfit and accessories look great. I think they should have re-released some pig guards or something to go with this. And of course I immediately thought of Stryker and his Jabba diorama: this is a natural addition. There's always the silver lining that Sideshow is probably still lower than HT in its pricing.

shazzdan

shazzdan
skywalkersaga wrote:Why is it disappointing? Do you mean just for realism's sake, so you could have an empty helmet rather than one that permanently has a head stuck in it?
I won't buy anything that doesn't have kitbashing potential. The helmet can't be used on another figure so its versatility is nil.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh, gotcha : )

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
[quote="Stryker2011"
empirestrikesback - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Lando Calrissian Skiff Guard Version Sixth Scale Figure Scree525
[/quote]

Took me a few seconds to figure out what those are at the background.
Anyone please enlighten me if there's a backstory as to why C3PO's right leg is silver,
or if its just a random decision of the prop master.

Skippy

rollotomasi wrote:Took me a few seconds to figure out what those are at the background.
Anyone please enlighten me if there's a backstory as to why C3PO's right leg is silver,
or if its just a random decision of the prop master.

He had a silver leg throughout the Original Trilogy.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I believe it was to show that he’d been through a lot by that time, and had been ‘patched up’, etc. This also shows he’s a droid someone has cared for/about, and having a ‘flaw’ likewise sort of humanises him in a way, and aligns him visually with the more rag-tag Rebel Alliance (as opposed to the Empire). It’s not something I caught until fairly recently myself— I think I noticed it when collecting 3.75” figures , and realised the Prequels/Clone Wars version of him was all gold, while the OT figures had a silver leg.

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
nice figure. This was always one of my favourite kenner figures growing up. Nice sculpt, if it stays that way, and nice costuming

https://www.hellblazerbiz.com

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Updated info & additional photos added.

empirestrikesback - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Lando Calrissian Skiff Guard Version Sixth Scale Figure C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you. And yes, the likeness is very good.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I really like it!  I love you

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
I can’t say I’d ever really paid much attention to that particular costume before other than the distinctive helmet but I really love the weathered metal parts!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Lynkhart wrote:I can’t say I’d ever really paid much attention to that particular costume before other than the distinctive helmet but I really love the weathered metal parts!

I’m right there with you. I always thought it was rather bland looking in the movie (but the helmet was interesting). But seeing it in detail, it really is a pretty cool looking outfit.

I put my PO in at Timewalker $237.99 USD (and I’ll get free shipping due to bundling).

MerylAkiba

I thought the sandals had a different design? going to go on Disney+

I wonder if the helmet could be removed with heat or hot water, or is the helmet and head one entire sculpt? I do need both heads. I would love to make a mold of the non helmet head and make Two-Face

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Both heads look a tad small to me, the fact that it's SSC doesn't fill me with hope. That said, it could be the only ROTJ Lando you ever get so it has that going for it at least.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum