OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BIRDS OF PREY HARLEY QUINN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

JohnByng

Yes, prices do seem to be rising and rising. There are so many figures I am interested in but they are too expensive!

shazzdan

The mallet is neat but you could make one from two pieces of dowel and some heat-shrink plastic in ten minutes. Add twenty minutes to design and print out the red-on-white diamond pattern.

https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/OneSixthArsenal

skywalkersaga

It’s true about HT’s prices, though honestly these days I find *all* 1/6 figures too expensive ... there are some no-name brand ones I’d love to have for kitbashing purposes, but even they are too expensive to buy just for parts.

That said, HT’s prices are still the worst, and only way I can afford the occasional one is via payment plan, which I guess is how most other people must be able to do so, as well.

rollotomasi

Love the face sculpt!
That gold overall and roller skates somehow remind me of GOLDMEMBER.

Cobratrooper11

Cobratrooper11
Rogerbee wrote:
As good as she is, HT are just WAAAAAY too expensive now. The other day I saw the latest diecast Iron Man selling for £500!! The Power Pose Hulkbuster that was in the cabinet next to it was £650. If anyone is spending that much on action figures they need a sharp reality check with that mallet Ms Quinn is brandishing!

skywalkersaga wrote:It’s true about HT’s prices, though honestly these days I find *all* 1/6 figures too expensive ... there are some no-name brand ones I’d love to have for kitbashing purposes, but even they are too expensive to buy just for parts.

That said, HT’s prices are still the worst, and only way I can afford the occasional one is via payment plan, which I guess is how most other people must be able to do so, as well.

so you're telling me that a low articulation (pos) body with 4 pairs of hands, 5 pieces of moderate quality clothing, and a (decent, not spectacular) head plus mallet is now 250 dollars? that is why i have avoided HT. putting a pos body with a hq head, and some decent clothing then calling it a high end collectible is a lie. atleast TBL uses a seamless body, and includes a large display base. oh, and i forgot to mention... TBL's figures with a full base only cost around 180. this is why HT is a joke. i wish people would stop handing them money, and make them sweat it out until they made some changes to their business model to better respect the customer.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cobratrooper11 wrote:
Rogerbee wrote:
As good as she is, HT are just WAAAAAY too expensive now. The other day I saw the latest diecast Iron Man selling for £500!! The Power Pose Hulkbuster that was in the cabinet next to it was £650. If anyone is spending that much on action figures they need a sharp reality check with that mallet Ms Quinn is brandishing!

skywalkersaga wrote:It’s true about HT’s prices, though honestly these days I find *all* 1/6 figures too expensive ... there are some no-name brand ones I’d love to have for kitbashing purposes, but even they are too expensive to buy just for parts.

so you're telling me that a low articulation (pos) body with 4 pairs of hands, 5 pieces of moderate quality clothing, and a (decent, not spectacular) head plus mallet is now 250 dollars? that is why i have avoided HT. putting a pos body with a hq head, and some decent clothing then calling it a high end collectible is a lie. atleast TBL uses a seamless body, and includes a large display base. oh, and i forgot to mention... TBL's figures with a full base only cost around 180. this is why HT is a joke. i wish people would stop handing them money, and make them sweat it out until they made some changes to their business model to better respect the customer.

I totally agree. Unfortunately, as more and more celebrities, and non-collectors,  have become aware of them, and there are those that will throw money at them — regardless of whether they have any vested interest in the character (just so they can say they have the latest and greatest HT) — HT’s business model wont change until they start getting terrible reviews and start bleeding money. That could be a long time down the road — in the meantime, more and more companies will follow suit, and more and more of us will be priced out of the hobby.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

hottoys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BIRDS OF PREY HARLEY QUINN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 2 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I completely agree HT are overpriced to the point of insanity, and that tbleague do seem to give a lot better value for the money. That being said, it's not so straightforward for me to just say 'I'm going to boycott Hot Toys' when they happen to put out the majority of figures and loose parts I need for the particular genre and characters I collect and/or customize. I only got into 1/6 scale in the first place due to being an Anakin fan and desperately wanting the HT Anakin figure -- I only 'stayed' in the hobby for the customizing side of it. I'm not and will never be an HT collector in earnest. I'm too poor, too late to the hobby, and their figures are just too expensive. That said, I do purchase them occasionally, but only after exploring every possible option to see if I could somehow make a custom version of the character first. But given the cost of custom parts and materials [and even more if you'd need to commission something from an artist], it sometimes turns out to make more sense to just buy the official figure. And likewise, sometimes ebay scalper prices mean that even purchasing a handful of loose HT parts ends up being more expensive than buying a complete figure. 

And yeah, I will likely be priced out of the hobby soon, and that's not even taking into account Hot Toys since the full HT figures don't even make up the majority of my purchases. Even just affording customizing supplies -- especially tbleague base bodies -- on a regular basis is becoming rather difficult for me these days. :/

It's an expensive hobby to begin with -- it's just a shame that HT makes it even more prohibitively so.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum