OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sith Trooper [Stormtrooper Style]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sith Trooper [Stormtrooper Style]  Empty Sith Trooper [Stormtrooper Style] Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:16 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Hello!

One of the new trooper styles that I like are the Sith Troopers, I really liked their color and overall look but as with most things in Disney Star Wars I don't remember seeing them that much... I would have personally liked if TROS where the begining of something else, to see Sith Troopers on land subjugating rebels and civilians, for this new sith empire to show it's full might but nope... none of that. Well thankfully for me ebay exists and I can write up a little story to go with this guy which I hope you all enjoy.

Sith Troopers

Sith Troopers where the elite forces of the new Sith Empire, their glossy red armor almost yelling into the galaxy that the time of the new republic was short and insignificant, that a new order had risen to once more lead the galaxy. It was the Sith Troopers who landed on Coruscant that executed senators, guards and civilians, their dark side commanders cutting down all who opposed the new order... the republic had fallen once more. And yet this massive army of troopers and dark siders was once more incapable of snuffing out the flame of rebellion, the sith empire would clash against the newly created jedi order and republic remnant for years, painting peaceful worlds red with the blood of innocents and erasing centuries of growth and art in others.
Sith Trooper [Stormtrooper Style]  GLE9Lf6
Sith Trooper [Stormtrooper Style]  KUx2F6U
Sith Trooper [Stormtrooper Style]  Ov1HB87
Sith Trooper [Stormtrooper Style]  2GtGMpk

Well, a very simple thing to put together, I used the same stormtrooper armor I used for my mimban troope / trench trooper which requires very little work, painted it in a glossy red paint that I might end up changing since every dust particle sticks to it, and it also sticks to itself. I hid a cobbled together codpiece behind that little apron since the damaged trooper I bought was missing that, the blaster is perhaps the worse thing I have put together.  This is now going to be the last of my troopers for now, I'll be working on some other characters until I find another  damaged/loose trooper😎.
For now that will be all, have fun and stay safe.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Sith Trooper [Stormtrooper Style]  1f60e

2Sith Trooper [Stormtrooper Style]  Empty Re: Sith Trooper [Stormtrooper Style] Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:46 pm

GregT

I like it! your color choice is spot-on, and the paint will eventually cure so dust won't stick to it so much.
he's a bad-ass, well done!

3Sith Trooper [Stormtrooper Style]  Empty Re: Sith Trooper [Stormtrooper Style] Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:33 pm

Ovy

Ovy
At least someone who cares about those poor, damaged troopers!

Great job, I like how the shinier red contrasts the matte black parts. The more modern looking gun fits quite well. Also good work on your civilian designs.

I also think the red troopers in TROS were very well designed and a nice callback to those red Sith troopers from the Kotor games. But as you said, totally underused. Still no idea who these people were. In an old strategy game, there was an army of Sith soldiers frozen in Carbonite some thousand years old, that would have been an interesting way to introduce them.  Just mention it in the title scroll....

4Sith Trooper [Stormtrooper Style]  Empty Re: Sith Trooper [Stormtrooper Style] Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:15 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks cool. I think if you spray each piece down with a high gloss enamel, that should take care of any stickiness.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Sith Trooper [Stormtrooper Style]  C8485110

5Sith Trooper [Stormtrooper Style]  Empty Re: Sith Trooper [Stormtrooper Style] Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:57 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
They certainly capture the essence with all this armor and the color scheme; as a bonus they are closer to the classic forms we got in the real original Star Wars. I think I like them better than the film version; I also think they look better than the original toys did when trying to portray classic stormtroopers. It's impressive and cool that you can bring such life into/out of this toy line which has not aged too well in and of itself.

6Sith Trooper [Stormtrooper Style]  Empty Re: Sith Trooper [Stormtrooper Style] Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:34 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
GregT wrote:I like it! your color choice is spot-on, and the paint will eventually cure so dust won't stick to it so much.
he's a bad-ass, well done!

Thanks GregT, I went for the brightest red I could find, I do hope it cures soon or else I'll have to repaint him in a matte color.

Ovy wrote:At least someone who cares about those poor, damaged troopers!

Great job, I like how the shinier red contrasts the matte black parts. The more modern looking gun fits quite well. Also good work on your civilian designs.

I also think the red troopers in TROS were very well designed and a nice callback to those red Sith troopers from the Kotor games. But as you said, totally underused. Still no idea who these people were. In an old strategy game, there was an army of Sith soldiers frozen in Carbonite some thousand years old, that would have been an interesting way to introduce them.  Just mention it in the title scroll....

Thanks Ovy, it's sometimes hard for me to pass on a fairly cheap damaged figure that I could use to make something out of.

I think the problem with a lot of these cool characters who end up being underused is that they are thinking about products first story second, I'm sure that if they had spent more time fleshing out the whole "Sith Eternal" thing it would have been amazing, same goes for other things in the new movies but they are just a stepping stone for the heroes and that's it. Also they make use of the EU/Legends stuff all the time, cloned palpy is one of those they just change it a little and call it new, kinda like what I do with my star wars figures except they get paid🤣.

Stryker2011 wrote:Looks cool. I think if you spray each piece down with a high gloss enamel, that should take care of any stickiness.

Thanks Stryker, I'm unsure which one to use, old rubber can be tricky at times and not all enamels work the same, it might end up like a sticky hand, but I'll look into what I have and what I can buy locally and do some testing.

GubernatorFan wrote:They certainly capture the essence with all this armor and the color scheme; as a bonus they are closer to the classic forms we got in the real original Star Wars. I think I like them better than the film version; I also think they look better than the original toys did when trying to portray classic stormtroopers. It's impressive and cool that you can bring such life into/out of this toy line which has not aged too well in and of itself.

Thanks Gubernator, your words are ecouragement enough to continue hunting down old hasbro troopers. I'm glad you liked his look. I was originally going to modify it a little bit but I ended up giving it a second coat of paint instead of adding bits to it.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Sith Trooper [Stormtrooper Style]  1f60e

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum