OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BIRDS OF PREY HARLEY QUINN (CAUTION TAPE JACKET VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
“I'm the one they should be scared of. Not you. Not Mr. J.” – Harley Quinn

Who needs The Joker? After breaking up with her puddin, our totally insane and downright dangerous Harley Quinn leaves plenty of the past behind, returns to the big screen with a whole new gang, takes on new challenges in the crime-ridden Gotham City featuring things that she would never expect.

Carried on the craziness in her outfit to Birds of Prey, Hot Toys’ brand new 1/6th scale Harley Quinn (Caution Tape Jacket Version) collectible figure does not only includes Harley Quinn’s newest attire, the Wings Caution Tape Jacket with colorful fringes patterns, but also another delicate set of iconic costume as seen when she storms the police station, allowing fans to show off with Harley’s unique wardrobe.

Crafted with meticulous craftsmanship, the collectible figure features a newly developed head sculpt highlighting amazing likeness of Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn in Birds of Prey, a Caution Tape Jacket with classic motorcycle collar detail translated Harley’s original creation, a set of finely tailored interchangeable outfit with matching boots, amazingly-detailed accessories including a shotgun with insertable bullets, a metallic baseball bat, layered chain necklaces, a sandwich, and a figure stand with specially designed graphic cards and character backdrop.

Share in the mayhem with the signature Harley Quinn figure for another thrilling adventure in Birds of Prey!
SPECIFICATIONS
PRODUCT CODEMMS566
PRODUCT NAMEHARLEY QUINN (CAUTION TAPE JACKET VERSION)
HEIGHTAPPROXIMATELY 29 CM TALL
POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS26
SPECIAL FEATURESMETICULOUSLY TAILORED JACKET WITH GLITTERING TASSELS MADE OUT OF CAUTION TAPE AND FRINGES ON THE SLEEVES
ARTISTSHEAD SCULPTED BY YULLI
HEAD PAINTED BY E-LEE & JC.HONG
HEAD ART DIRECTED BY JC.HONG

The 1/6th scale Harley Quinn (Caution Tape Jacket Version) Collectible Figure’s special features:
- Newly sculpted head sculpt with authentic and detailed likeness of Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn in Birds of Prey
- Movie-accurate facial expression with detailed make-up, skin texture and tattoos
- Short-length curly blonde, pink and light blue hair sculpture with movable pigtails
- Newly developed body with over 26 points of articulations
- Approximately 29 cm tall
- Seven (7) pieces of interchangeable hands including:
• One (1) pair of relaxed hands
• Two (2) pieces of gesture hands
• Three (3) pieces of accessories holding hands
- Three (3) pieces of interchangeable gloved hands including:
• One (1) pair of gun holding hands
• One (1) right hand for holding baseball bat
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume :
- One (1) meticulously tailored jacket with glittering tassels made out of caution tape and fringes on the sleeves
- One (1) hot pink colored vest with buckle
- One (1) white T-shirt
- One (1) pair of short pants with printed strips and red colored star pattern
- One (1) pink colored strap suspenders
- One (1) black colored leather-like belt
- One (1) leather-like bandolier
- One (1) pair of multi-metallic color heeled shoes
- One (1) pair of interchangeable white colored heeled boots
- One (1) pair of black gauntlets with colored hand prints

Weapon:
- One (1) shotgun
- Ten (10) shotgun bullets (can be inserted into the shotgun)
- One (1) silver baseball bat

Accessories:
- One (1) newly designed silver colored metal chain necklaces
- One (1) silver colored metal chain necklaces
- One (1) sandwich
- Figure stand with character nameplate, specially designed Birds of Prey themed graphic card and character backdrop

Artists:
- Head Sculpted by Yulli
- Head Painted by E-Lee & JC.Hong
- Head Art Directed by JC.Hong

Release date: Approximately Q2 – Q3, 2021

**Prototype shown is not final, pending licensor approval
**Product details are subject to change without further notice

BIRDS OF PREY (AND THE FANTABULOUS EMANCIPATION OF ONE HARLEY
QUINN) and all related characters and elements © & ™ DC Comics and
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. WB SHIELD: TM & © WBEI. (s20)

© 2020 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

HotToys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BIRDS OF PREY HARLEY QUINN (CAUTION TAPE JACKET VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 11072
HotToys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BIRDS OF PREY HARLEY QUINN (CAUTION TAPE JACKET VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 2501
HotToys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BIRDS OF PREY HARLEY QUINN (CAUTION TAPE JACKET VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 3354
HotToys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BIRDS OF PREY HARLEY QUINN (CAUTION TAPE JACKET VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 4327
HotToys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BIRDS OF PREY HARLEY QUINN (CAUTION TAPE JACKET VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 5312
HotToys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BIRDS OF PREY HARLEY QUINN (CAUTION TAPE JACKET VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 6298
HotToys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BIRDS OF PREY HARLEY QUINN (CAUTION TAPE JACKET VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 7289
HotToys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BIRDS OF PREY HARLEY QUINN (CAUTION TAPE JACKET VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 8273
HotToys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BIRDS OF PREY HARLEY QUINN (CAUTION TAPE JACKET VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 9259
HotToys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BIRDS OF PREY HARLEY QUINN (CAUTION TAPE JACKET VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 10244
HotToys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BIRDS OF PREY HARLEY QUINN (CAUTION TAPE JACKET VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 11235
HotToys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BIRDS OF PREY HARLEY QUINN (CAUTION TAPE JACKET VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 12218
HotToys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BIRDS OF PREY HARLEY QUINN (CAUTION TAPE JACKET VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 13204
HotToys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BIRDS OF PREY HARLEY QUINN (CAUTION TAPE JACKET VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 14185
HotToys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BIRDS OF PREY HARLEY QUINN (CAUTION TAPE JACKET VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 15168
HotToys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BIRDS OF PREY HARLEY QUINN (CAUTION TAPE JACKET VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 16158
HotToys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BIRDS OF PREY HARLEY QUINN (CAUTION TAPE JACKET VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 17149

#newproduct #HotToys #HarleyQuinn #BirdsofPrey #female #movie #fantasy #comicbook #DC

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Up at Sideshow — $281! BWAHAHAHA! Howard Chan is out of his mind.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

HotToys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BIRDS OF PREY HARLEY QUINN (CAUTION TAPE JACKET VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Geeez. While I like it better than the other figure from the same movie, it’s hardly worth THAT price.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

shazzdan

shazzdan
Looks good. The price is ridiculous.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Impressively complex set. I do like the sandwich, but not at that price. Smile

shazzdan

shazzdan
If you can get the headsculpt and clothing as parted out pieces the rest can be bashed pretty easily. The total cost, including a TBL body, would be less than $150

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
shazzdan wrote:If you can get the headsculpt and clothing as parted out pieces the rest can be bashed pretty easily. The total cost, including a TBL body, would be less than $150

That’s what it would reasonably cost, unfortunately most HT head sculpts go for anywhere from $60 - 150, depending on the scalper, and the popularity of the character.

HotToys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BIRDS OF PREY HARLEY QUINN (CAUTION TAPE JACKET VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE C8485110

blackpool

blackpool
that's one lovely figure, hopefully I'm not interested in that franchise so I'll pass easy, but she's goregous, even if the likeness to Miss Robbie was more striking on the previous figures...

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Doesn't look anywhere near as good as the Suicide Squad Harley, the nose looks really off and I don't think it's all down to the camera angle. HT are starting to think that they can get away with anything and the figures will still be lapped up. Or are we already there......

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Rogerbee wrote:
Doesn't look anywhere near as good as the Suicide Squad Harley, the nose looks really off and I don't think it's all down to the camera angle. HT are starting to think that they can get away with anything and the figures will still be lapped up. Or are we already there......

I think we’re already there — have been for about a year or so, really. A LOT of their sculpts have missed the mark, but folks still buy them — I’ll admit, on some, that I’ve been guilty of buying even though there was something off; I think it boils down to a desperation that we may never see some of these characters made again.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yes, their likenesses are often quite 'off' -- they seem to especially have trouble with noses, and noses seem either too long/short or too thin, or just overly stylized in some way that it throws off the balance and likeness of the whole face. But of course, HT also make the outfits and the accessories, etc. And even if sometimes they use shoddy materials, buying one of their figures is still cheaper than getting a screen-accurate and realistic custom 1/6 outfit from somewhere like GeeWhiz. So yeah, perhaps some people a) don't notice, b) don't care, or c), which is my case, are looking for more than just accurate headsculpts in a figure.

Of course, it's frustrating. But Stryker is right that in many cases, it's a matter of knowing that it's unlikely to see another precise version of said character in 1/6, let alone a better 'official' one. Especially in the cases where the licenses are held exclusively by HT, your other options are either to wait and hope some decent knock off or third party version appears [but usually knock offs are based on HT sculpts], or to go the entirely custom route. And while HT prices are soaring and are ridiculous for what they are, they are still more 'affordable' than getting custom sculpt, custom outfit, etc, etc etc.

Not defending this figure, since I have zero investment in this one, but just explaining why it's not as clear cut for some people....

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

I get where you're coming from, but, they've long since stopped justifying the expense for me. There are some 1/12 around that look good and they are just about worth the money.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Well, if their recent offerings are anything to go by, I'm sure I will very soon be priced out of purchasing full boxed HT figures myself. But that won't stop me occasionally picking up HT clothing, gear, accessories, and yes, even headsculpts when and where I can....even despite the equally awful and ridiculous scalper prices.

And while I get many people's reasons for focusing on 1/12, I've personally struggled with that scale -- which I've gone over many times in other threads, both here and elsewhere, so I'll try not to repeat myself too much. Ultimately though, for my specific customizing and collecting purposes, 1/12 is just not a scale that works for me. In fact, it was the customization possibilities of 1/6 scale that got me into all this in the first place, so I feel little pull to 'go back' to smaller scales at this stage.

Just because I have criticisms of Hot Toys doesn't mean I don't feel I can continue in 1/6 scale in general.... I'll just focus more on making custom figures, which is what I am trying to do right now anyway. Though it may be different for others, the more appealing alternative to HT from my perspective is just making my own 1/6 figures, not switching to 1/12.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

1/12 doesn't quite have the ranges yet where you can customise like 1/6, but, it is still growing. If 1/6 continues to rise in price and 1/12 stays around where it is I could see more making the switch. You do find that collectors of McFarlane and NECA are also starting to collect Mezco, SHF and DAM so there's another market sector that are switching on to a similar scale.

Whatever happens, for now at least, there will be enough happening in both scales to keep the majority of us happy.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Sure, I agree 1/12 is improving steadily, and I have myself been fairly impressed by many equivalent 1/12 offerings as of late... tbleague, verycool, etc. There's some REALLY nice 1/12 figure out there, that I even drool over! Smile But the issue with the high prices of 1/6 only really applies to Hot Toys and other bigger companies, and my point was that for some people like myself, collecting Hot Toys is not the main draw of 1/6 scale. No matter how 'customizable' 1/12 becomes, I just personally will never be able to view it as a direct alternative to 1/6 on that score. For certain collectors, yes, ok, I do get it...they are smaller, easier to do dio's and vehicles for, and, for now, cheaper....though if I am being honest I feel the prices of 1/12 will probably rise exorbitantly as well, unless this current Plague affects entire action figure industry in a more general way. ;p

But even from a collecting standpoint that scale is hard for me to embrace, especially since the 1/12 Star Wars figures are the all-plastic sort, rather than the clothed types, and to make a custom one would be just as expensive and difficult, if not more, than making the same character in 1/6. Taking into consideration all the random loose parts you have to buy or get custom-made, especially if you're making a figure with fabric clothing and you don't have the skills to DIY something that small, it's sometimes just easier to do the same thing in 1/6.  Or if you struggle to paint faces at that scale, which I do. And so on. Heck, at this point, I'd probably be more likely to switch to customizing larger scales like ball-jointed dolls, for instance, than I would be to go smaller. ;P

Anyway, I know I'm always harping on about this. But it just makes me a tad frustrated when people insist that 1/12 is somehow a better or more appealing alternative to 1/6, when imo both scales have their positives and both have their downsides, and it really is a matter of personal preference depending on what kind of collecting and/or customizing people focus on. I don't think that switching to 1/12 is the answer for 'sticking it to' Hot Toys, either... I feel that the high prices that HT charges  are a symptom of the current system that this f*cked up world operates under, and eventually the 1/12 prices would probably also rise too.

I'm hoping that HT's bubble will eventually burst and prices for all scales will calm down a bit. Perhaps a naive hope, but ah well. Wink

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

You do also get other companies adopting HT's prices because 'that's just what they do'. At my local retailer, SSC go for the same as HT and the difference between them, depending on the figure, can be night and day. And then there's BCS and Star Ace. As improved as BCS do seem to be now, the prices still aren't justified.

I don't see how people can get started in the hobby anymore, it used to be starting with GI Joe/Action Man and working your way up. I certainly couldn't see any parent buying an HT figure for their kid in the same way. 21C, DML and BBI were the gateways but with their demise it's just not the same.

Thankfully, I have garage kits, small run, so no licensing and priced just nicely to keep me going for the foreseeable.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Very true -- I suppose my perspective comes from the fact that I'm still relatively new to 1/6 and don't have personal context/comparison for how it used to be. The prices seemed astronomical to me already from the start. Being so new, I'm not quite ready to give it up since it often feels like I only just found it. ; ) Perhaps that will change in the future, at this rate... who knows. : )

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Back in the early 2000's you could get DML and BBI for £35 - £40, even SSC were £39 when they first appeared. This was when OSW started and most of us old timers really got going. The rot began to set in when SSC got into bed with HT. HT's were always expensive with figures retailing for around £80. Then HT went up and SSC followed suit. DML then decided to jack up their prices without adding anything to their figures and it went downhill from thereon in.

I suppose though that the more expensive movies became, the same happened with their licensing costs, but, that can't be all that makes up the current pricing. The fatter the company owners' wallets became, the more they sought to line them. It will have to implode at some point though, the industry simply can't go on the way it is.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Rogerbee wrote:Back in the early 2000's you could get DML and BBI for £35 - £40, even SSC were £39 when they first appeared. This was when OSW started and most of us old timers really got going. The rot began to set in when SSC got into bed with HT. HT's were always expensive with figures retailing for around £80. Then HT went up and SSC followed suit. DML then decided to jack up their prices without adding anything to their figures and it went downhill from thereon in.

I suppose though that the more expensive movies became, the same happened with their licensing costs, but, that can't be all that makes up the current pricing. The fatter the company owners' wallets became, the more they sought to line them. It will have to implode at some point though, the industry simply can't go on the way it is.

Completely agree!

Nekk-ra

What truly astounds me is they've created 5 different head sculpts for Robbie Harley, but keep using what is essentially the same Gadot sculpt for Wonder Woman.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nekk-ra wrote:What truly astounds me is they've created 5 different head sculpts for Robbie Harley, but keep using what is essentially the same Gadot sculpt for Wonder Woman.

Hopefully the one they had on the WW 84 is just a place-holder. If not... we’ll, that’s just BS.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Is this character really just that popular??

Honest question, as I am in the dark about most pop culture for years now...

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Is this character really just that popular??

Honest question, as I am in the dark about most pop culture for years now...

Yes. She really is. Harley Quinn didn’t exist until the early 90s when Batman: The Animated Series started. She was created as a sidekick for the Joker, and due to her overwhelming popularity on the Animated series, she was introduced into comics based on the series. Her popularity grew so much, she was introduced into the “real” Batman comics, becoming part of the canon. She had her own comics series for quite some time, becoming a frequent friend/co-criminal with Poison Ivy, and then ended up in team books, as well. She’s been in the Arkham video games (HT recently showed a prototype at a show of one of her video game incarnations). And thanks to the fun and quirky performance of Ms. Robbie, she’s now known outside of the comic book and animated series fans.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks so much for extra the background info, Stryker! I hadn’t realized that she’d originated in the animated series prior to being in the comics, that’s actually really neat.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

What gets me is that, with each release following the original, the likeness seems to have got progressively worse. This one looks more like Imogen Poots than it does Margot Robbie. And this is the prototype, god alone knows how much more damage the production process will do.

I like Margot Robbie as Harley, but, the only figure that I ever felt did her justice was the first SHF one and even that isn't totally perfect.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum