OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT BATGIRL 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Wow, she definitely came out looking like a toy, not a Hot Toy. Too bad.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Moonbase Alpha Male

Darn. And here's the worst part. Those promo pics really looked good -- so (unless this is a case of great prototype vs deteriorated actual product, which doesn't usually happen at Hot Toys) the promo photoshoot guy must really have done something. And the promos were good enough to get my money, though I don't have her in hand yet. The thing is, I'm not naive or stupid, and I didn't just fall for the promo pics uncritically. I assessed that HT Arkham Knight Batman was a similar figure that actually delivered pretty well on similar design elements. So the worst thing is that HT could and did deliver adequately on Arkham Knight Batman, and only on round 2, Arkham Knight Batgirl they decided to cut corners. Maybe the economic pressures of the Covid years?

Xavion2004

I love Batgirl in all of her various incarnations, but she’s already very well represented in my 1/12 collection.

brassco

omg! that is HT quality? I've known HT's product is not necessary the best, but this is a new low! I feel for you man! My mesh up Batgirl looks way better than this!!

csyeung

csyeung
I finally got my Batgirl. Mark's points are all valid. I still like it though as it's probably the only Batgirl we'll get unless they decide to do one from the HBO film. There are odd choices and I do doubt the longevity of some of the materials used. From certain angles you can probably hide the most glaring choice of the exposed ball joint at the hips. She can be posed more than most HT's though. I do think that you should only get this if you really like the character.

Here are a couple pics I took so far.
dc - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT BATGIRL 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 2 Dsc03810
dc - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT BATGIRL 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 2 Dsc03811

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
I'm liking her though I haven't done much yet. This thread warned me about a number of concerns, and I might have skipped her then if I could have, but I was already committed. All those concerns are valid but the thread had done me the favor of advising me beforehand, so they were less of a surprise, and I opened the box with already adjusted expectations. This was a more positive experience than it would have been otherwise, So thanks.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nicely shot, Craig!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
What strikes me is that materials used for the final product look very different than what was shown in the promo. The finish of the armour, especially.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

csyeung

csyeung
GubernatorFan wrote:Nicely shot, Craig!

Thanks!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum