OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 Scale SDH021 Elf Female Head Sculpt H#pale

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
I really dug the version D, think I'll get it to swap on my asian Vampirella.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Might not be something I'd buy, and I find the faces quite placid, but I do appreciate the effort of providing different options and the fact one can attach or detach the elf ears.

Diana

Diana
I love the black version, though I have no use for it.
In general I find that I like Super Duck heads only when they have subtle coloring. As soon as they come with darker lipstick or painted eyelashes like that it just doesn't gel. Probably because the face looks too innocent and girl-like for the heavy make-up.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Cute faces and nice idea, but I'm not a fan of the super pointy style of Elf ears at all -- I prefer the more subtle LotR type -- so these would be an easy pass for me.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Diana

Diana
skywalkersaga wrote:Cute faces and nice idea, but I'm not a fan of the super pointy style of Elf ears at all -- I prefer the more subtle LotR type -- so these would be an easy pass for me.
Good thing they seem to be removable then. Still an easy pass? Razz

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
AerynDiana wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:Cute faces and nice idea, but I'm not a fan of the super pointy style of Elf ears at all -- I prefer the more subtle LotR type -- so these would be an easy pass for me.
Good thing they seem to be removable then. Still an easy pass? Razz

Ha! In this case, yes, simply because the only draw would have been the elf ears, if they were the kind that I liked. ;p

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Hm, we don't ever seem to get much variety of facial character/expression with Super Duck, do we? I know it's a deliberate 'theme', but it just doesn't do much for me.

Having said that, with that pink bob, C is a teensy little bit of a departure from their 'norm' I suppose.

bunnyfreakz

bunnyfreakz
After a year, I got the head. Why took so long? This company need to fix their schedule and production. Because their products are not bad.

NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 Scale SDH021 Elf Female Head Sculpt H#pale Dx6GrLG

NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 Scale SDH021 Elf Female Head Sculpt H#pale WS4RfnD

NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 Scale SDH021 Elf Female Head Sculpt H#pale CpQT0Vi

NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 Scale SDH021 Elf Female Head Sculpt H#pale CFQeMLB

NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 Scale SDH021 Elf Female Head Sculpt H#pale F5nZdkt

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Congratulations! It does look pretty nicely done.

Annalise

Annalise
I like it. I am surprised (yet pleased) that it doesn't look too small on the S42 body.

gooboo

Super Duck's most recent heads seem to lean on the larger side. I have one on my s42 and it looks very good, but on the smaller s34 body it's clearly too large.

I'm still waiting for their Asian head (sdh022) to come out. I think the pandemic must have set their schedule back a bit. Since this is sdh021, I hope that means the Asian head sculpt is coming out soon.

bunnyfreakz

bunnyfreakz
Yeah, Super Duck's head is little large but it's fit perfectly on the new big body S42.

A Man

I can confirm that recent Super Ducks are often a good match sizewise for the larger bodies.

Thanks to bunnyfreakz for sharing the pictures - this is probably the first time I see a real photo of one of these. At the moment there is one on its way to me in the mail, and I realize ordering was probably a mistake.

Annalise

Annalise
Glad to hear the newer sculpts are larger. I have 2 older SD sculpts and they are both on the small side so I had stopped looking at Super Duck heads as potential fits for my S42 and/or S38. Good to know that option is available again.

Annalise

Annalise
Since you guys showed it was a good size match for an S42, and I found one for $20, I decided to give it a go. This is all your fault.  Wink  
Ariel likes to run off at sunset to her secret getaway where she can be herself...
NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 Scale SDH021 Elf Female Head Sculpt H#pale 1img_211
NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 Scale SDH021 Elf Female Head Sculpt H#pale 2mg_2010
NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 Scale SDH021 Elf Female Head Sculpt H#pale 3img_211

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Annalise, I think it worked out very nicely. The special lighting photos are particularly successful, creating a sort of eerie feel that seems appropriate when it comes to elves. Nice choice of dress, too.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice photos and lighting effects. I like her dress, and the fact that once she "shows" who she really is, suddenly she also has a new necklace. Very nicely done.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 Scale SDH021 Elf Female Head Sculpt H#pale C8485110

Annalise

Annalise
GubernatorFan wrote:Annalise, I think it worked out very nicely. The special lighting photos are particularly successful, creating a sort of eerie feel that seems appropriate when it comes to elves. Nice choice of dress, too.

Thank you very much. I was hoping to give the effect of unearthly elven lights in her haven so I'm glad you like them.
Stryker2011 wrote:Nice photos and lighting effects. I like her dress, and the fact that once she "shows" who she really is, suddenly she also has a new necklace. Very nicely done.

Thank you Mark. I thought since it's a Super Duck h/s, maybe I'd try a SD skirt. It's a tight squeeze on the S42, but works OK.

She always wears her necklace, but keeps it magically concealed while out amongst those unpredictable humans.

csyeung

csyeung
She looks great with the s42 Annalise!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum