OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Lord of the Rings: Faramir action figure

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Category The Lord of the Rings

Product Type Sixth Scale Figure

Director Andy Hsu

Head Supervisor SHand

Sculpter Pichet Pitsuwan Nono Wang

Clothing Chi Min Lee

Accessories Livy Zheng Michelle Lee

Painting MATA (Original Asmus Toys Design Team)

Manufactured by Asmus Toys

Product ID:LOTR025

$200.00 USD

ASMUS TOYS THE LORD OF THE RING SERIES: FARAMIR
(Product ID: LOTR025)

The FARAMIR Sixth Scaled Figure features:
Authentic and detailed fully realistic likeness of FARAMIR from The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
· Asmus Toys ADAM male body
· Approximately 30 cm tall
· Over 32 points of articulation

Features:
· One pair of relaxed posture hands
· One pair of weapon holding hands
· One pair of fist posture hands

Special Features on Clothing:
· One pair of long sleeved blazer
· One pair of long underpants
· One dark green gown
· One brown long vest
· One pair of brown shoulder sleeve
· One brown cape

Special features in armor:
· One Gondorian chest armor
· One pair of forearm bands
· One pair of boots

Special features in weapons:
· One Faramir's sword
· One scabbard including belt
.One arrow barrel

Accessories:
· One Asmus Toys figure stand

ASMUS TOYS ONLINE STORE EXCLUSIVE :
· Godorian ranger long bow
Est. Shipping Date : June 2020

Faramir - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Lord of the Rings: Faramir action figure Fr001a10
Faramir - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Lord of the Rings: Faramir action figure Fr002a10
Faramir - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Lord of the Rings: Faramir action figure Fr003a10
Faramir - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Lord of the Rings: Faramir action figure Fr004a10
Faramir - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Lord of the Rings: Faramir action figure Fr005a10
Faramir - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Lord of the Rings: Faramir action figure Fr006a10
Faramir - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Lord of the Rings: Faramir action figure Fr007a10
Faramir - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Lord of the Rings: Faramir action figure Fr008a10
Faramir - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Lord of the Rings: Faramir action figure Fr009a10
Faramir - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Lord of the Rings: Faramir action figure Fr010a10
Faramir - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Lord of the Rings: Faramir action figure Fr011a10
Faramir - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Lord of the Rings: Faramir action figure Fr012a10
Faramir - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Lord of the Rings: Faramir action figure Fr013a10

#newproduct #AsmusCollectibles #LordoftheRings #Faramir #Tolkien #male #movie #fantasy

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The outfit looks really nice, but the headsculpt..... ehhh. Could be worse I guess, but to my eyes it's not a great likeness, and also the sculpted hair detracts from it even further.

Not a huge issue for me personally, since I was never keen on the film portrayal of Faramir to begin with and likely would not have collected it anyway for that reason alone, but still rather frustrating as a general onlooker who is rooting for Asmus' LotR figures.

That being said, if I *were* to collect it, I'd probably swap the head out for a more book-accurate Faramir, so any issues with the headsculpt it would be moot. ;D

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I like these figures in general, and this one is no exception, apart from the sculpted hair; I can't testify to the accuracy of the sculpt, though, it has been a very long time.

Diana

Diana
Sky, I second you in every way, though I don't remember the differences between movies and books and I wouldn't have minded the likeness to the actor, if it was there...
I do remember thinking there was so much more to these brothers than what they showed.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
I see a bit of David Wenham but it looks a lot like John Cusack to me.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
AerynDiana wrote:Sky, I second you in every way, though I don't remember the differences between movies and books and I wouldn't have minded the likeness to the actor, if it was there...
I do remember thinking there was so much more to these brothers than what they showed.

Book!Faramir has black hair, as does book!Boromir. Funnily enough, I think Orlando Bloom originally had auditioned for the role of Faramir, which actually would have made more sense?? lol. But yeah, even so, I wouldn't have had an issue with David Wenham playing him if they'd at least got his characterization right. They turned him into an antagonist for Sam and Frodo, when he never was... he was only ever an ally. One of the defining characteristics of Faramir is that he is the complete opposite of his brother, in that he would NEVER try to take the Ring from Frodo, and the films just totally destroyed that. I guess they thought that making him too 'good' would somehow make him too much  like Aragorn or something?? Who knows. Another casualty of Peter Jackson's bizarre need to add unnecessary tension and suspense into scenes. Rolling Eyes

Delanie

Delanie
I actually like this one except as has been said for the moulded hair, no excuse there given the length.

To be honest with regard to the character in the film I didn't pay him much heed as my eyes tended to glaze over when Sam and Frodo were on the screen and too be honest when i re read the books I skipped their parts too.

I am thinking of getting the 'grey' wraith and using him for the barrow wight from the books

shazzdan

shazzdan
There was a youtube video with all the boring parts cut out. LOTR is much better when watched as a continuous string of action scenes. Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Well, I’m a Tolkien fan, not just a LotR fan, and infinitely prefer Tolkien’s style over PJ’s, so I don’t think an ‘action sequence only’ edit would help the issue for me. :p Personally, I’d prefer to have had less faux ‘suspense’ and a few more quiet character moments from the books kept in (like the book version of Sam and Frodo’s interlude in Ithilien with Faramir, which is their last peaceful time prior to their final trek through Mordor). I do agree that there are many scenes that drag in the LotR films, but that’s the fault of the direction/adaptation, and most of the ‘boring’ or annoying film parts have little to do with the content of the books. There are things that made sense to leave out from the books, for sure, but then there were things that were changed in ways that were unnecessary and did nothing to enhance the way the story came across on screen. Not to mention a lot of random made up stuff that just felt ‘off’ (Faramir’s ‘temptation’, Aragorn’s ridiculous fake death storyline, etc. ).

Don’t mind me, I’m still bitter about The Two Towers all these years later. I remember going home from the cinema in tears over it cause I was so disappointed by the changes .. :3

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
shazzdan wrote:There was a youtube video with all the boring parts cut out. LOTR is much better when watched as a continuous string of action scenes. Smile

That’s the only way to watch Michael Bay’s Pear Harbor. As much as Kate Beckinsale is nice to look at, that idiotic love triangle was unnecessary and reminded me too much of the idiocy of Titanic.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Faramir - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Lord of the Rings: Faramir action figure C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Agree on that one .... Pearl Harbour was a terrible movie. Recently watched a more recent take on the subject with a film called ‘Midway’, and while it wasn’t necessarily the greatest movie either, it was still wayy better than that crapfest.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Agree on that one .... Pearl Harbour was a terrible movie. Recently watched a more recent take on the subject with a film called ‘Midway’, and while it wasn’t necessarily the greatest movie either, it was still wayy better than that crapfest.

If you can watch it by skipping all the “drama” it’s not all that bad — though it was utterly ridiculous that the same guys who were on the ground during PH, were also the guys who flew the mission to Japan (which it was pointed out when the movie was first released, didn’t happen). That was the movie that made me want to see Ben Affleck stop making films — and I wasn’t really a fan of Josh Hartnett at the time, either. Come to think of it, I honestly don’t know why the hell I even went to see that damn movie.

Faramir - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Lord of the Rings: Faramir action figure C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:Agree on that one .... Pearl Harbour was a terrible movie. Recently watched a more recent take on the subject with a film called ‘Midway’, and while it wasn’t necessarily the greatest movie either, it was still wayy better than that crapfest.

If you can watch it by skipping all the “drama” it’s not all that bad — though it was utterly ridiculous that the same guys who were on the ground during PH, were also the guys who flew the mission to Japan (which it was pointed out when the movie was first released, didn’t happen). That was the movie that made me want to see Ben Affleck stop making films — and I wasn’t really a fan of Josh Hartnett at the time, either. Come to think of it, I honestly don’t know why the hell I even went to see that damn movie.

Good to know. I never really gave it another chance after the first time, admittedly.

Totally agree on Ben Affleck... I have NO idea why he's still even around, let alone so 'popular'. I refuse to watch him as Batman. Ugh. Josh Hartnett hasn't been in as much lately, but I do recall not minding him in certain roles. Penny Dreadful comes to mind, and 30 Days of Night....one of the few 'modern' vampire movies that actually made the vampires scary.

Sorry for the off-topic ramble, btw.... I know I kinda went 'off' on this figure, but Faramir's portrayal is still huge sore spot for me when it comes to the LotR films. He's probably my second fave character in the books other than Aragorn, so I'm rather emotionally invested. ;p That being said, I do think this looks pretty decent as a figure, other than the unfortunate sculpted hair.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I had put my PO for this in the day before I got furloughed from work, but oh, well. Still keeping it. Now that I’ve tried my hand at rehairing, I’ll probably redo this and Theoden at some point.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Re-hairing this one would make a world of difference!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum